[3.8] Death’s Oath Occultist - Death Whisperer(CI) Updated regularly

Quick question: Why are you running Warlord's Mark? What is allowing you to leech? Is it for dark pact?
Kiwi Name = Sir Remington Kiwi; Duke of that tree over there.
Hey! Was running Warlords mark primarily for the Profane Bloom which is the explosion from cursed enemies which resulted in a huge amount of life leeched but with more testing it might not even be needed so I specced out of the ES leech and switched to temp chains. Warlord's Mark was definitely helping me out when I was using dark pact however I seem to be using blight more often and Dark pact is now a glorified barrel breaker for me.
"
Hey! Was running Warlords mark primarily for the Profane Bloom which is the explosion from cursed enemies which resulted in a huge amount of life leeched but with more testing it might not even be needed so I specced out of the ES leech and switched to temp chains. Warlord's Mark was definitely helping me out when I was using dark pact however I seem to be using blight more often and Dark pact is now a glorified barrel breaker for me.

Thanks much for the reply. I figured it was for Dark Pact and completely forgot about Profane Bloom. I'll Probably keep running it for now as I am going life based and desire the leech.
Kiwi Name = Sir Remington Kiwi; Duke of that tree over there.
Oh definitely! As life based you really aren't losing out on much by getting some extra survivability With going a CI based I didn't think getting some leech would really affect me that much but the 50% less recharge is definitely a bit harsh.
Tier 7 and 8 Boss kills uploaded! Will be doing 9 and 10 within a few days!
What kind of Jewels would you recommend ?
Last edited by Nochu on Aug 27, 2017, 3:40:04 PM
Playing with this build a lot in pathofbuilding and I really think the interaction between CI and the Darkscorn Unique bow is worth looking into. Darkscorn giving an additional 25% phys reduction (by converting Phys to Chaos on damage taken) is pretty awesome. Adding a soul strike quiver adds some more ES and faster start of recharge (at the cost of reduced rate, which doesn't matter because of all of the Zealot's Oath regen) and can synergize with Ascent from Flesh which grants move speed and phasing as well as a tiny bit of dodge on ES recharge start. With Purity of Everything on and +10% to all resistances from Death's Oath and +10% from an amulet you can cap at 80% elemental resistances without even needing two toned boots.

The "dps loss" from using Darkscorn isn't even a DPS loss. With a 5 linked Caustic Arrow (Void manip, Conc Effect, Swift Afflic and GMP) each cloud adds 25k DPS (with 20 wither stacks) and can be dropped on the boss and then continue channeling Blight. the chaos damage increase from Breath of the Council only adds 3-4k to blight and 3-4k with Death Aura, even while at 20 wither stacks.

On a 6 link Darkscorn adding Decay support can add another almost 20k DPS to caustic arrow. And considering how bad Darkscorn is for any thing besides CI builds (which are now pretty uncommon) even a 6 link should be pretty cheap.
"
Nochu wrote:
What kind of Jewels would you recommend ?

For jewels if you have some extra jewel slots and don't need to convert some strength I would say a Chaos/Dot/Area damage jewel with Increased ES/Resist would be the ideal jewel for this build. You can also use the Blight Jewel but this would really only increase the damage for when fighting bosses

"
3dferocity wrote:
Playing with this build a lot in pathofbuilding and I really think the interaction between CI and the Darkscorn Unique bow is worth looking into. Darkscorn giving an additional 25% phys reduction (by converting Phys to Chaos on damage taken) is pretty awesome. Adding a soul strike quiver adds some more ES and faster start of recharge (at the cost of reduced rate, which doesn't matter because of all of the Zealot's Oath regen) and can synergize with Ascent from Flesh which grants move speed and phasing as well as a tiny bit of dodge on ES recharge start. With Purity of Everything on and +10% to all resistances from Death's Oath and +10% from an amulet you can cap at 80% elemental resistances without even needing two toned boots.

The "dps loss" from using Darkscorn isn't even a DPS loss. With a 5 linked Caustic Arrow (Void manip, Conc Effect, Swift Afflic and GMP) each cloud adds 25k DPS (with 20 wither stacks) and can be dropped on the boss and then continue channeling Blight. the chaos damage increase from Breath of the Council only adds 3-4k to blight and 3-4k with Death Aura, even while at 20 wither stacks.

On a 6 link Darkscorn adding Decay support can add another almost 20k DPS to caustic arrow. And considering how bad Darkscorn is for any thing besides CI builds (which are now pretty uncommon) even a 6 link should be pretty cheap.

Hey that's definitely an interesting idea! I haven't played around with either of those items so they completely slipped my mind though all of the passives that are grabbed in the build would meld very well with a Caustic Arrow build. I'll check it out when I get some more free time!
How do you get 3 curses? any items you run have +1 curse?
"
Fouur wrote:
How do you get 3 curses? any items you run have +1 curse?

I'm currently only running 2 curses actively, the third curse was a switch with warlords mark for pvp and no leech maps however I've been able to successfully run most of these maps without using warlords mark and have just been running Temp Chains and Vulnerability. You could gain a third curse from a Doedre's ring or a corrupted amulet with +1 curses. I also think there is a pair of boots, windscream I think they are called that would allow you to run a third curse but I think you would lose out on a fair portion of ES from using those boots.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info