[3.8] Death’s Oath Occultist - Death Whisperer(CI) Updated regularly

"
Iluandi wrote:
Thanks for the great build. How do your other death's oath builds compare to this one?

Hey definitely welcome! I've been having a lot of fun with the new version of Death's Oath! Currently I would have to say that this build feels the strongest, that might be due to the occultists crazy durability. The Necromancer version that uses the scourge claw has a higher tooltip damage but since I'm relying entirely on the aura to kill stuff it feels weaker. I think once I get another pair of the blight gloves the damage should appear similar but will be lacking the survivability of the occultist. I'm also in the process of making a build guide for a life version which is a berserker with Abberath's Hooves. He doesn't really have any boss killing power but can power through a map and crush barrels with ease. I should have it posted within an hour or two.
Man, leveling this build is a real struggle. I'm really looking forward to lvl 62 so I can don Death's Oath and CI and finally have some proper shield recovery :D

I have a small request - could you maybe link your current gear in the guide post? I am still fiddling around with trying to get high enough stats for various gems, thinking about taking the 30 stat nodes for now - would be cool to see how you run with dex/str on gear. Also other stats that might be strong!
In your equips have free slot?

Why don't use golem for life regen?

"
MatZiN wrote:
In your equips have free slot?

Why don't use golem for life regen?

The reason I don't have a stone golem is because the life regen it provides ends up being rather small once you get a few stacks of Vile Bastion. While it would help provide the regen you need early on. A fire golem would in turn only provide an extremely small increase to the overall damage

"
Schwachsinn wrote:
Man, leveling this build is a real struggle. I'm really looking forward to lvl 62 so I can don Death's Oath and CI and finally have some proper shield recovery :D

I have a small request - could you maybe link your current gear in the guide post? I am still fiddling around with trying to get high enough stats for various gems, thinking about taking the 30 stat nodes for now - would be cool to see how you run with dex/str on gear. Also other stats that might be strong!

Hey! Yeah I can probably make a new section for current gear. The way that I'm getting most of my strength is from the jewel that turns int into str
Tier 10 boss kills uploaded, now that I have my other two builds to 80 and for the most part completed I can spend more time focusing on clearing the rest of the content on this build. I'll try to clear a new tier every day or every other day. It might slow down a bit if maps end up costing more than I expect. Goal will be to down shaper eventually of course.
Have you tested faster casting in Death's Oath? I'm not sure if there's been confirmation one way or another, but the aura has a cast speed and seems to do damage more in a pulse manner than a true dot.
"
Have you tested faster casting in Death's Oath? I'm not sure if there's been confirmation one way or another, but the aura has a cast speed and seems to do damage more in a pulse manner than a true dot.

I have not tried that, but if it's more of a pulse than a dot it could be worth testing out.
After testing it in a strand, it looks like the damage is the same. I guess it just looks like it is a pulse of sorts but that might just be visually.
Last edited by FlasherCatcher on Sep 8, 2017, 11:32:10 AM
Does Faminebind belt would be a good choice for your build ?
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
How about Abyssal Cry for faster clearing? You seem to have room for it...

You could use Faminebind if you want but the 50 chaos damage will be next to nothing.
Abyssal cry faster clearing? Sure if you want to use it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info