Solo Self-Found Manmode 1 Week Race (March 3rd Event)

"
Molten Shell just has too much potential for a non melee build to be used.

For instance, run Templar and get all the elemental damage nodes and then the increased radius nodes. And on top of this you can get concentrated or increased area of effect. Attach Molten Shell to a bunch of supports. Essentially Molten Shell will be taking out entire mobs in merciless.

And how is that not a melee build? It involves being in melee range and taking hits to take out those entire mobs, even with increased area affect.

Non-melee builds are not part of this challenge by definition. So what's wrong with a melee build using Molten shell.

And like the guy above said, what about Ground slam cheese then? One is fine despite actually being way more ranged, while the other somehow is against the rules because can be abused by a hypothetical ranged build?

Makes no sense, dude.
Last edited by jazzy_poe on Feb 25, 2013, 8:54:38 PM
"
kenelee wrote:
Why is Ground Slam, EK or Lightning Strike allowed?

Ok theyre labeleld as 'melee' gems but kiting in circles using a mid ranged attack is not melee. It is ranged.

In the case of Ground Slam and Lightning Strike, I think it's fair to say that the devs specifically gave melee characters those skills to use as part of their toolset, and I think since the goal is to figure out how well Melee can do, they should be allowed to use tools meant precisely for them.

Also EK is listed as not allowed, most likely because it's considered a spell, not a skill or attack.
"
wasabisamurai wrote:
Saw this, I will participate if the last lvl for RP will be something achievable for solo like... lvl 55~ ?!

You can definitely get higher than that easily. I hit 61 on my first OB melee marauder doing solo/self found in less than a day of playtime (and that was with a LOT of alt-tabbed time). Died to merc vaal on shield charge desync, but c'est la vie.

Definitely in on this, probably as NephSMASH. 1h/shield templar, going for either ele GS or cleave depending on weapon drops. Going to be a lot of us farming the ever-living shit out of Fellshrine on day 2.

Anyone want to set up a SMASH mumble for participants so we can swap war stories as we play?
I'm in. Though making "mule" chars for skill gems gonna be pain in the ass, can't multibox. =/
PM me in the forum if i win
Ya ground slam and EK aren't rly melee bro you might wanna change ur mind on those.
"
Krippers wrote:

Skills not allowed:
Ethereal Knives

Two people are saying they're upset with EK being allowed.
"
VolcanoElixir wrote:
Also EK is listed as not allowed, most likely because it's considered a spell, not a skill or attack.

Sorry my mistake.

But I still feel that kiting packs and using mid ranged attacks is not melee. If these skills were so that a melee strike 'ignited' their secondary cone AoE then fair enough but they are not designed that way.

Using these said skills from a medium range - outside of melee - for me is defeating the purpose of seeing where melee is at.

Last edited by kenelee on Feb 25, 2013, 9:17:37 PM
Sounds fun! I started playing around with the API and made a race tracking site yesterday (exilestats), I could easily put together a custom man-mode leaderboard for this if people were interested. There's no way to enforce the rules of course, but it still sounds like fun, could just include anyone with a SMASH name automatically.
Last edited by YourOldLieutenant on Feb 25, 2013, 9:24:49 PM
It sounds really fun, i'm definitely in !
"
Sounds fun! I started playing around with the API and made a race tracking site yesterday, I could easily put together a custom man-mode leaderboard for this if people were interested. There's no way to enforce the rules of course, but it still sounds like fun, could just include anyone with a SMASH name automatically.

Sounds awesome!

Either way I'm in :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info