Solo Self-Found Manmode 1 Week Race (March 3rd Event)

"
VoxelSquid wrote:
I find it strange that Tempest Shield and Molten Shell are not allowed for this. Isn't this combo one of the most effective skills for a melee 1H+shield tank?

I would argue that the most effective skills for tanks are EK and Freeze Pulse. In spirit you are correct, but the line has to be drawn somewhere, and I feel excluding damaging spells as a whole is the fairest thing to do.
Sorry, but I really don't see how multiboxing is within the spirit of this proposed challenge.

If you really need some gem, MAN UP and SMASH monsters until they drop it. Simple as that. And if it doesn't drop, tough titties. A real man can do with what he finds.

Or if it's some low level attack gem that's necessary for a build, play another character SOLO to get it as quest reward and put it into stash. Although that's not 100% self-found anymore, but neither is multi account partying.
You get the benefit of a guaranteed gem, but you pay by wasting race time to play another char solo. Seems fair enough.

Not to mention that allowing multibox gives disadvantage to players who don't have the hardware to multibox. And consider that many of those players actually always play solo for that same reason (PC can't handle all the stupid FX flying around in party play).

And considering that Molten shell and Dominating blow were excluded based on semantics even though they quite clearly are melee oriented skills, all this multiboxing stuff looks even more lame.
Last edited by jazzy_poe on Feb 25, 2013, 8:23:26 PM
"
jazzy_poe wrote:
Or if it's some low level attack gem that's necessary for a build, play another character SOLO to get it as quest reward and put it into stash.

That's what he meant by multiboxing actually. As rules say: you cannot combat (party) with anyone (including yourself).

"Multiboxed characters cannot participate in combat. Item trades are not allowed between accounts."

Not the most correct use of "multiboxing" or the best wording, but yeah, you get it.

BTW I think that 'automated multiboxing' (using 3rd party programs) goes against GGG rules (only manual multiboxing is allowed, and that's pretty risky and inefficient).
Last edited by knac84 on Feb 25, 2013, 8:29:14 PM
GOGO SMASH YA FACE
Last edited by wasabisamurai on Feb 25, 2013, 8:24:31 PM
"
knac84 wrote:
"
jazzy_poe wrote:
Or if it's some low level attack gem that's necessary for a build, play another character SOLO to get it as quest reward and put it into stash.

That's what he meant by multiboxing actually. As rules say: you cannot combat (party) with anyone (including yourself).

"Multiboxed characters cannot participate in combat. Item trades are not allowed between accounts."

Not the most correct use of "multiboxing" or the best wording, but yeah, you get it.

BTW I think that 'automated multiboxing' (using 3rd party programs) goes against GGG rules (only manual multiboxing is allowed, and that's pretty risky and inefficient).

From the quote you provided it's pretty clear that he actually meant multiboxing exactly as per definition. Make 2 accounts, and party up a mule to do quests. As long as that second char doesn't participate in combat, and you don't trade anything else beside skill gems, it's fine by him.
But I still don't see how someone can do that and still be a SOLO SELF-FOUND MANMODE.
Last edited by jazzy_poe on Feb 25, 2013, 8:34:28 PM
"
jazzy_poe wrote:
Sorry, but I really don't see how multiboxing is within the spirit of this proposed challenge.

If you really need some gem, MAN UP and SMASH monsters until they drop it. Simple as that. And if it doesn't drop, tough titties. A real man can do with what he finds.

Or if it's some low level attack gem that's necessary for a build, play another character SOLO to get it as quest reward and put it into stash. Although that's not 100% self-found anymore, but neither is multi account partying.
You get the benefit of a guaranteed gem, but you pay by wasting race time to play another char solo. Seems fair enough.

Not to mention that allowing multibox gives disadvantage to players who don't have the hardware to multibox. And consider that many of those players actually always play solo for that same reason (PC can't handle all the stupid FX flying around in party play).

And considering that Molten shell and Dominating blow were excluded based on semantics even though they quite clearly are melee oriented skills, all this multiboxing stuff looks even more lame.

I think multiboxing for gems is okay. You can play the character and get the gem for your main if you want. If you do it this way you can keep the gear you find, so its a little mellowed out.

I understand the concerns with molten shell but it does allow for several non melee based builds.
I'll play this . . . wasn't planning on seriously competing anyways, just picking up the level 70ish RPs.
Why is Ground Slam, EK or Lightning Strike allowed?

Ok theyre labeleld as 'melee' gems but kiting in circles using a mid ranged attack is not melee. It is ranged.

Last edited by kenelee on Feb 25, 2013, 8:41:07 PM
Molten Shell just has too much potential for a non melee build to be used.

For instance, run Templar and get all the elemental damage nodes and then the increased radius nodes. And on top of this you can get concentrated or increased area of effect. Attach Molten Shell to a bunch of supports. Essentially Molten Shell will be taking out entire mobs in merciless.
ign = zapdos
I'm going to skip out on this because I don't multibox and wouldn't want to compete against people who are.

Have fun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info