Solo Self-Found Manmode 1 Week Race (March 3rd Event)

Chris Wilson,

You were almost first in the krip thread. Next time.
HC IGN: OrlandoFlorida / TheRoadBackToOriath
Heck I might participate in the race. The lulz is strong in this thread.
Last edited by Mantequilla211 on Feb 26, 2013, 10:30:07 AM
That's my tanjobi (march 3rd) good time to do some man mode action.

Though I did manmode action in all the 1week races (Duelist Cleave without IR, I guess more manmode is not possible).
Last edited by KenshiD on Feb 26, 2013, 4:05:10 AM
If you die can you use what you've stashed for the new character? Sorry if it's been answered or is obvious.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97
Necropolis: 98
in my opinion its kind of disrespectful to developers to run a 1 week race like this right in the time they run theirs...

how about you start yours tomorrow. the benefits YOU posted in your OP are: devs get feedback on melee earlier, you are not "stealing" racers from them
8/8 Challenges Anarchy/Onslaught
8/8 Challenges Domination/Nemesis
8/8 Challenges Ambush/Invasion

IGN: @Mob_Barley
How would you police people to abide by those rules since this is not a official race?
"
in my opinion its kind of disrespectful to developers to run a 1 week race like this right in the time they run theirs...

how about you start yours tomorrow. the benefits YOU posted in your OP are: devs get feedback on melee earlier, you are not "stealing" racers from them

Pretty sure they are doing a race inside a race for fun.

Also Chris has said information from anyone who does this with strict melee skills in the one week race would be extremely helpful to the Dev team in seeing the results/how and what they are able to do.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

"
unsane wrote:
If you die can you use what you've stashed for the new character? Sorry if it's been answered or is obvious.

Yeah thats fine. Its really the no trading with other players aspect that I feel is important.
"
peachii wrote:
"

Pretty sure they are doing a race inside a race for fun.

Also Chris has said information from anyone who does this with strict melee skills in the one week race would be extremely helpful to the Dev team in seeing the results/how and what they are able to do.

obviously i wasnt clear enough. by starting the race tomorrow the devs get the feedback already by next wednesday AND the races are not overlapping. like its a must to start the race by sunday. most that participate in this are already playing 14 hours each day. so its not like a limitation by school/work or sth like that

Chris posted he is okay with that but i seriously doubt that, at least i wouldnt be okay if i was in his position.
8/8 Challenges Anarchy/Onslaught
8/8 Challenges Domination/Nemesis
8/8 Challenges Ambush/Invasion

IGN: @Mob_Barley
"
PyrosEien wrote:
On the Melee vs Pseudo Ranged aspect, while I don't complete disagree, you also have to remember that AoE wise, the only melee AoE that is actually melee range is Infernal Blow. Cleave, Whirling Blades, Ground Slam, Sweep and Lightning Strike are all a decent bit larger than melee attack range with Lightning Strike hitting the furthest and Sweep/Cleave the shortest. But if you've played Cleave or Sweep before, you know you can hit mobs way before they can hit you using these, so they're not really "melee" either. Now you can single target everything or only use infernal blow, which is a terrible aoe, but unless you ban every other aoe you're going to have to deal with the fact melees tend to do pseudo ranged attacks quite a bit.

There is nothing terrible about the aoe of Infernal blow if you have stacks of elemental and fire damage. In fact it's pretty much the same thing as Molten shell, minus the benefit from Iron Will I guess. The difference is that instead of leaping in to take a hit or two, you leap in to do a hit or two yourself. But the result is the same and it's still magical corpse explosion damage. So not really a melee skill by that reasoning. And it's not really any different from Detonate Dead it its mechanics. But somehow this one is fine, while those other two aren't allowed.
I wonder why... I heard Kripp is planning to roll with Infernal blow?
Hypocrisy is strong in this thread.
Last edited by jazzy_poe on Feb 26, 2013, 6:50:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info