Stuck on a loading screen

I often have this problem of getting stuck in the loading screen and getting the Unable to Map File Error but after adding the --nosound to my client.exe, the game runs very smoothly although I've to play it without any sound.
I've been Jay Wilson-ed.
Diablo 3: World of Kitecraft

Immortalsoulz: lvl 72 dual-weapon duelist
Zealato: lvl 41 Elemental bow ranger
Likewise. Getting this issue mostly when trying to load up the Dark Forest. I get an exception - cannot load a sound file. Just today it started giving me other exceptions. Regardless, it stalls for about 2 minutes, then the client crashes and I have to reload. It's pretty frustrating.

Not sure if it's related, but it is also taking the game extremely long to load up into the log-in screen. This never happened to me before .11 (same with the exception)so I don't know if they're related.
having exacly the same problem with the area loading.also tried everything possible to fix it yet I see no outcome.
I hope the consider fixing it in the next patch because the one that came in today didnt do anything about it
After patching today i cant login in Europe anymore.
America is very laggy from good old germany over the big large ocean. In Singapure i can now login... so maybe the error have roots in routing protocols? Lags and Login problems isnt an own problem... postbank, d3, also wow has this problem too. And not only on my PC ;) same in Internetcafe's and heared by friends.
Yesterday i delet my game files by mistake, than i redownload game with new patch, and now game stop responding after it shows up login screen. I'll now try something... hope i can fix this. Does anyone even had such a problem? Because, before the patch, the game allowed me to at least log in and play. And now i don't even now what's wrong. Now i find thet download link on the site leeds me to 502 error page, so i can't download game installer form site directly.

P.S. Solved by installing game in new directory.
Dark Flame Inside. Hardcore player since 1996.
Last edited by Kerlin on Aug 7, 2012, 10:40:27 AM
It's since one or 2 days the game is unstable , and very more long to load (client and maps).

And today i try 4 time to play , 3 time i was ejected when i try to go out the camp with the teleport (it begin to load , do long time , i heard ennemis attacking me but i was with load screen , and finaly i finish with log screen) , and the 4rd time i try , i go to the map finaly , i clear 1 map , near clear 2 and i was ejected to windowns.

I reading i am not alone with this probleme , i think it s the last patch who take this probleme .

Thank for resolve this as quickly as you can , and sorry for my bad english i hope you understand that i try to explain .
Foxy
+1 on the Memoryproblems for Dark Forest.

I had some memory related crashes before, but this is the first time it's repeatable on the same instance. Tried to load it ~ 15 times trying to change some parameters (US/Europe Server, Soundbug workaround, changing ingame settings etc.) to no success.

Errormassage varies between E_OUTOFMEMORY while mapping .dds or .jpg file, no soundfile read for <path og dark forest wildfire soundfile> and just plain "bad allocation".

I'm playing on a 4 GB Win7 32 bit System with a 2,66 GHz Quad Intel Core. Obviously a bit low on Memory, monitoring the resources, PoE easily uses between 2 and 3 GB Ram on it's own, which seems quite exessive compared to other current games.
I just get the error message "unable to map file". With about a 15% chance to crash every time i enter a new area/instance
I've testet -gc 2 for Dark Forest now, and it works for me. Still some crashes but not every time anymore.
When starting from the character selection screen it now reliably takes about 3 minutes in the loading screen until I get kicked back to the login screen with a "failed to connect to instance" message. I never had that problem until yesterday and I was able to play just fine in between.
I assumed the server was down, but now I'm not sure anymore, since I see no announcement of maintenance or other players posting the same problem.

Edit: I'm doing a pack check now.

Edit 2: Hard drive activity stopped now but I didn't get any indication if it was done. No updating corrupt files on restart, problem persists.
Last edited by Soranor on Aug 9, 2012, 3:31:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info