Stuck on a loading screen

yeh same issue here i couldnt get into dark forest at all i kept getting never ending load screens, the only way if gotten further through act two is with persistent friends who port me to places for some reason that ups my chances of actually getting where i want to go. this really needs to be fixed priority.
I didn't read through all the pages but there are some things i was able to do while stuck in this loading screen.

1) If I left clicked the mouse I would hear music in game.
2) If I select 1-5 (flasks) I hear the drink Icon. (I can do this over and over)
3) If i alt tab I receive an generic Windows error Exception: Unable to deserialise packet with pid 3
4) Then i get a Client.exe has stopped responding.

I have allowed PoE through the firewall.
This happened when trying to take a party members TP.
"
Talgonadia wrote:
I didn't read through all the pages but there are some things i was able to do while stuck in this loading screen.

1) If I left clicked the mouse I would hear music in game.
2) If I select 1-5 (flasks) I hear the drink Icon. (I can do this over and over)
3) If i alt tab I receive an generic Windows error Exception: Unable to deserialise packet with pid 3
4) Then i get a Client.exe has stopped responding.

I have allowed PoE through the firewall.
This happened when trying to take a party members TP.

Yeah I got the same I issue, I always got disconnect and stuck at act 1, act 2 and 3 are fine with me. Everytime I try to go to act 1 I need to quit the game, and run it by 3D-Analyze software (check the emualte Hw TnL caps and emulate other DX 8.1 caps). Then I can play act 1 but very laggy. Thats the only way I can play on act 1 on Normal and Cruel.

Please fix it.

I'm using Window XP
ATI Radeon X1950XT 512MB running smooth on Act 2 and Act 3.
IGN: DrSlump / DrArale
My shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2125286
Last edited by DrSlump on Feb 7, 2013, 11:00:29 PM
can't play the game anymore I always get stuck at the second loading screen.

I changed servers because I could not enter any dungeon anymore , it worked the first time but wen I enter a new zone it gets stuck at the loading screen again. So I just gave up ... the game is still a long way from being done ...

I'll have to wait for a fix , and the loading screens are taking way to long ... something is not right ...

used to work before there are some serious coding issues with this game....
This worked for me (on Win 7 64-bit)
I went to the game directory, right click on the Client - Properties - Compatibility - Compatibility mode (Check Run this Program in Compatibility for:) and take Windows XP (Service Pack 3).

That solved everything for me at least
"
Lyxa wrote:
Not sure if this is what other people are getting but I got a crash while trying to move into The Western Forest for the first time. I had been playing for about 15 minutes. The error message said:

"Art/Textures/Environment/forest/forestground4ns.dds": In source code file: Resource\TextureResource.cpp at line 37,
Processing file: Art/Textures/Environment/forest/forestground4ns.dds
Error: E_OUTOFMEMORY
Description: Ran out of memory

that's the error I'm getting to it loads the first map wen I use waypoint then wen I enter a new map from there I get that error ... But a different map (marketplace act 3) It's not a map related issue ... some sort of memory leak client side issue or server related issue don't know much about stuff like that...

maybe then will fix this soonish because this is one of those game breaking things that make people pissed and delete the game ...

Even got a new GPU to play this game maxed out and now I cant play because of this ... really not cool ....

Last edited by Corpsepaint on Feb 14, 2013, 11:09:08 AM
"
Corpsepaint wrote:
"
Lyxa wrote:
Not sure if this is what other people are getting but I got a crash while trying to move into The Western Forest for the first time. I had been playing for about 15 minutes. The error message said:

"Art/Textures/Environment/forest/forestground4ns.dds": In source code file: Resource\TextureResource.cpp at line 37,
Processing file: Art/Textures/Environment/forest/forestground4ns.dds
Error: E_OUTOFMEMORY
Description: Ran out of memory

that's the error I'm getting to it loads the first map wen I use waypoint then wen I enter a new map from there I get that error ... But a different map (marketplace act 3) It's not a map related issue ... some sort of memory leak client side issue or server related issue don't know much about stuff like that...

maybe then will fix this soonish because this is one of those game breaking things that make people pissed and delete the game ...

Even got a new GPU to play this game maxed out and now I cant play because of this ... really not cool ....

+1 the same problem. Unable to create vertex buffer.Error: E_OUTOFMEMORY
I found a fix! At least for my issue.

The client worked fine for a long time, then all of the sudden it would get stuck on the loading screen and after a few seconds the log in screen sound would begin, but no still a blank screen.

I went into My Computer, opened Grinding Gear Games, opened Path of Exile and then opened the "Client" launcher from there. Bingo.

Seems to be a problem with the desktop shortcut or something. Hope this helps!
had the same problem until I put the graphics quality to medium and was able to get in the area.
I have tried everything mentioned to get through the loading screen without getting the crash to menu screen with the "failed to connect to instance" message. I have opened up the outbound ports, turned off fire wall, joined the euro server then switched back, and tried to trial error my firewall settings for about 6 hours with nothing. I can get through to instances sometimes but it crashes like 80% of the time. It Makes progress impossible. Unless I'm doing something wrong when opening the ports then I'm just gonna have to wait until there is patch that fixes this issue. Gaah this really sucks, I like this game too much. =( I guess I'll just watch krippers until I can figure this out. I still love you GGG

:edit: I forgot to mention that yesterday the game worked fine, it just decided to stop working, randomly.

Last edited by burritome on Feb 24, 2013, 12:41:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info