Stuck on a loading screen

The beta weekend has now ended, but I'm still having this problem. I'm able to log into shore encampment with my level 4 character, but when I try to go to terraces, the loading screen stays up for about 2 minutes, and then throws me into the login screen.

I've tried the ctrl+click>generate new instance. Didn't help. I've tried switching from europe to america. Didn't help. I've tried running PackCheck, but I don't see anything that looks like a report or a log. What file should PackCheck generate, and where?

I'm using Windows XP, btw.

I haven't had any issues with PoE before this beta weekend.
Got exactly same problem as MagpieMcGraw :( I can't even lvl up my toon becaouse moving from area to area is so annoying. I have to restart game few times to pass through the loading screen when entering new area. This problem has occured since the latest big patch.
Same here.

It's strange i didn't have any problems before the week end stress test, i was expecting this to go away after but i can't even play right now.

Note that if the area is loaded once it's seems to be ok, i can get back there when i relog. But playing the second act is nearly impossible now, i can't reach any way point without being stuck in a loading screen. 50% of the time i'm stuck just at the first loading.

Changing server did help a little but it's happening quite often actually, to much for act 2, and Ctrl clic doesn't seem to work at all.

My spec :

Win XP SP3
Intel Dual core E5200 2.50 Ghz
4 Go Ram
ATI radeon HD 4800

Is there a log somewhere that can be usefull ?

Edit : Ho and also the sound keep going on when this happen, i usually rush avoiding enemy and i can hear them during the loading. Don't know if it's a usefull info but, meh, at least i try ! ^^
Last edited by super_maZon on Jul 30, 2012, 7:42:16 PM
Same issue here, when changing area and click on an instance.
Entering portals
Logging in..

either it takes minutes, or it gets me back to logging screen, which is occuring widly often today.

i had to run back to ancient pyramids like 7 times cause everytime i changed area or had to go to town and tried to come back, it got me into the logging screen...

very frustrating loosing the progress and having to run back 2-3 areas.
Are you guys runing the game in windowed ?

Cause i was, well i'm not sure 100%, but it seems that going on fullsecreen has fixed the problem.
Well at least i was able to play and load something like 6/7 area without any freeze until now. I couldn't load more than one or two before.

I've just had one but i was runing, avoiding enemies rushing to the next area. The game freezed but i was hearing the enemies hitting me until my character died while the loading screen was on. So it's another bug.

I really think that GGG should look at this, i don't think it's the same issue as the original post of this thread.
Last edited by super_maZon on Jul 31, 2012, 6:25:07 PM
started playing the game today, really enjoying it when i can play, ive gotten very accustomed to the login screen, almost every time i enter an area i have a 2-3 minute wait before being booted to the login screen, have not been able to play much!
Impossible to play. I disconnect at least once every five screens. This needs to be a priority fix. I've tried port forwarding, disabling my firewall, changing servers, not sure what else I can do.
Hi there!

XP Prof SP3
Dual 2,7 Pentium Pro
2047 MB Ram
GeForce GT 220
Java 6 Build 1.6.0_31-b05
DirX 9c

Same Problem here... I want to zone from the Prison into the city, but it is stucking. My husband has the same Problem at the same time. So maybe it is an overstressing for the Zone? To many people who zone at the same time in the same zone? I hope this problem would not exist to long, but whatever - very very nice game! I love to play it - with or without crashing.

greets

PS. : I have played first in Windowmode then in Fullscreen.
Graphic values high or down has also no effect for
this error.

PPS. : 01.08.2012
Played on Europe(10:00, 20:00)
- Europe Primetime -> not playable, many lags, stuck screen

Played on America(ca. 01:00)
- Europe/Asia Primetime -> very, very good. no lag, no stuck on loading screen

Played on Asia (ca. 02:00)
- America+Europe Primetime->littlebit laggy, time goes by slowlier as on server, sometimes stuck screen
Last edited by Beetlejuice on Aug 1, 2012, 3:58:02 PM
I've had about 4 or 5 time where I was able to get into the character screen, select my level 4 character, and log into town. When I went to the Terrases though, I'd get stuck on the loading screen.

This morning I uninstalled path of exile, deleted the game folder, redownloaded the installer and reintalled. Then I was able to get into the Terrases and Mud flats. I made a new character and went to the Terrases and Tidal island without getting stuck. In short, so far so good, though I don't know if it will stay that way.

Have you guys tried a clean reinstal?

EDIT: As I write this, I am stuck on a loading screen while trying to portal to town from the flooded depths.
Last edited by MagpieMcGraw on Aug 1, 2012, 5:52:12 AM
I just got the same issue, curiously enough, when i logged back into the game, I had lost my bow and gem in it :(

Quite a setback, fortunatly, I'm not really high level.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info