Stuck on a loading screen

"
"
kadrek91 wrote:
I alwais get "Unable to map file" errors, like 1 time on 3 loads, but this time I had an other error;
Spoiler

How I fix all of them?

Could be corrupted memory.

Start with a Reboot. I would also suggest turning off some of the background items that start when you reboot....Start > Run > MSCOFIG ...Startup tab ...if you don't need it, uncheck it.

There are alot of items that hold resources for the sake of quick use, even if your not going to use them.

I use gamebooster to shut down something, isnt that good?
Unable to load the game at all. Just stays on the initial loading of the game, unable to get to log in screen. It is however able to load only when --nosound is added to the shortcuts target.

The patch destroyed any compatibility with my Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite.

Unable to force close the program too. It just sits there until I restart computer. The games icon doesn't even show up in the task bar until I attempt(and fail) to force close it.
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.
I get something like the above posted, just doesn't seem to be as bad.

I downloaded the game to try and play the Open Beta weekend, but once I launch the game it sticks on the loading screen and then crashes after 5 minutes. I don't have to reboot or anything, just the program doesn't work.
"
Rohkor142 wrote:

I downloaded the game to try and play the Open Beta weekend, but once I launch the game it sticks on the loading screen and then crashes after 5 minutes. I don't have to reboot or anything, just the program doesn't work.

Do you have a CREATIVE sound card? FIREWALL could be the issue if its trying to connect and is blocked.
CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+
Ram : 4GB Kingston PC2-6400 5-5-5-18
Mobo: Abit KN9-Sli (NF570-Sli chipset with Realtek Audio)
GPU: ATI HD4670 1GB
HD: Maxtor 20GB - OS - Seagate 500GB - Games / Storage / PageFile
Network / ISP: Wired / Cox Cable
"
"
Rohkor142 wrote:

Do you have a CREATIVE sound card? FIREWALL could be the issue if its trying to connect and is blocked.

I don't have any idea what I have. Is there anyway to turn it off, or do I just have to turn my firewall off?
Rightclick the GameIcon, select Propeties, click the Target box and add --nosound to the end of it.

"

"E:\Program Files\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\Client.exe" --nosound

Try the Game again.

"
Rightclick the GameIcon, select Propeties, click the Target box and add --nosound to the end of it.

"

"E:\Program Files\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\Client.exe" --nosound

Try the Game again.

Thanks so much, it works. :)

You saved me 4 minutes before the stress test weekend started.
Last edited by Rohkor142 on Jul 27, 2012, 7:55:44 PM
Welcome, your about to have some fun...remember THERE WIL BE BUGS, that's part of the test and they are working to make this game as enjoyable as they can by release.
Hello. The server crashed today. And im stucked in Flooded Deepth. I try log in agin and loading screen is freezed. I try with all the charracter but not loading just freezing. Any fix?

"
szasah919843 wrote:
Hello. The server crashed today. And im stucked in Flooded Deepth. I try log in agin and loading screen is freezed. I try with all the charracter but not loading just freezing. Any fix?

Try using the other Gateway when you log into the game. Then select your character and see if it loads them.

Spoiler
Last edited by Greybear1andonly on Jul 28, 2012, 2:18:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info