[3.5] Mjölner Untethered 3.5 UPDATE! Mjölner is back! Uberelder+Shaper done

How does firestorm generate power charges more than other skills? I though the crit chance is applied for the wave and not per fireball. Isn't a cold spell better for more effective EE proc?
"
gigarez wrote:
How does firestorm generate power charges more than other skills? I though the crit chance is applied for the wave and not per fireball. Isn't a cold spell better for more effective EE proc?

we use

this means that every hit(and not every spell) that crits, will generate 1 charge. for firestorm, this means that every single fireball will generate 1 charge when it crits with a 25% chance to generate maximum charges thanks to the boots.
i already explained in the main post that firestorm practically does not interact with EE because any discharge hit will trigger right after the cyclone hit. no other hit on the enemy can happen between the cyclone hit and the discharge hit. so the coc setup is not needed for ee, just for charges. and therefore, firestorm is simply the best.

glacial cascade could work too because it hits an enemy 2-3 times per cast. i tested that and firestorm is way better!
mhh do you have any tips how to level this char? :)
"
Killuah123 wrote:
mhh do you have any tips how to level this char? :)

for leveling i used storm cloud bow into the tempest on mid lvl 30's. i used lightning arrow with added lightning, gmp, ele dmg with attacks, wrath, herald of thunder and wake of destruction boots. As amulet use karui ward or karui charge. with this setup you have enough dmg to do low tier maps and get to like lvl 75 before you swap to mjölner. As for the skilltree you can pretty much start building the mjölner tree, just use some proj dmg at the ranger starting area and spec out the shadow starting area for some dmg.
delete*
Last edited by Prophetus on Aug 19, 2017, 10:24:07 AM
"
SinuredXD wrote:
With the new changes to shock, i think you can dish out more damage for high hp enemies if you switch the ele focus gem to controlled destruction. you would still have 70% to crit with it and though you loose 10% damage on the gem you can get much more shock effect from 10% (vinktars) up to 50%. looking at your phoenix vid its something worth testing further imo

Well the issue is that discharge won't reach the 10%CAP for fully shock effect on guardian and shaper, also u have to keep in mind that ur doing fire dmg too per discharge so it's not all pure lightning.

Ive tested it alot unless ur just mapping ( map boss have lower HP so u can fully shock them) unsing ELE Foucs is better. Also if u go for a double discharge setup with discharge on COC it does nearly the same amount of dmg that the discharge on ur mjolner or cospri's would do so if anything that discharge will shock has much has u can with that build.
A day w/o dealing with stupid ppl is like....Never mind. Ill tell u if it ever happens
Has going Berserker ever crossed your mind instead of relying on Vinktar's? I'm a rather lazy player, so I find playing Pathfinders and spamming my flasks every few seconds boring. Are the flasks, particularly the Diamond Flask, that important for consistency? You could help mitigate the problem with crit by using Cospri's over Mjolner. One could also go Ascendant Pathfinder-Assassin. Just ideas for refinement or alternatives.

shaper falls quiet easily now
can u upload shaper run video?
pog
Wow, did not know the belt did that.

Been working on a pure lightning Scion discharger myself, will have to work the belt into the mix.

How are you sustaining mana without elreon rings?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info