Audio Feedback.

"
IndigoExile wrote:
Just a comment, last night was my first time in Act 4 with the new voice acting. I had to say Voll was almost impossible to hear, both in his dialog (at least, I think there was dialogue, under the grunts?) and his confession was pretty quite too. I haven't gotten to the others yet, but I'll make sure to post what I think of their volume. Thanks!
I'll back this one up. I too found the volume levels of the dialogue in Act 4 quite low. The weathered carvings in Kaom's are almost silent.. so hard to hear, even when concentrating on them. And Daresso's voice over also suffers from this.

The dialogue slider doesn't sound as dynamic as it should (i.e. the difference between min and max on slider doesn't traverse as large a scale as I think it should. In contrast, the ambient sounds slider and the music slider both seem overtuned, where a small increase on the slider seems to really increase the levels. Perhaps the slider algorithms need to be updated?

I do appreciate all the voiceovers, particularly with the lore pieces and their automated playback while still playing the game. This really adds that level of polish to make the game stand out. The inclusion of voice acting is impactful between even closed beta and release The crying around the lore pieces in Act 2 and the wailing in Act 4 mines is soooo creepy!

Can the behaviour demonstrated by lore pieces also be done with the NPC dialogue? It's not like the player has to respond or interact after a dialogue piece, so it would be nice to start one of their scripts and then continue to trade or shop, etc.
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
Last edited by Garr0t on Jul 16, 2015, 6:35:08 PM
Another bit of feedback: I liked the old Marauder's voice acting better. The older Marauder dialog sounded more like a young hothead full of piss and vinegar. Now he sounds like Haku Lite. Yawn.

Oh, and the 1.3 version of "The Empire dies with you, Dominus..." was vastly superior to the 2.0 version, to my ears.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
Last edited by Gruentod on Jul 16, 2015, 3:23:00 PM
Similar to when you changed Nessa's voiceover, some of the new characters (especially the couple) simply talk too fast, almost huddled. If Vanja and her Boyfriend weren't alternating, they would keel over from lack of oxygen!

Please give those characters a better speech pacing.
There's some bird noise or something in the ambience in highgate that really just sounds like someone trying to breathe trough a stuffy nose, it's high pitched and really annoying when i'm afk'ing in highgate.
+1 on voices too low in act 4, Voll's Confession is the most noticeable.

But came here to say I feel highgate ambience is too noisy and out of balance, too much sounds on left side.
I just wanted to say, awesome work on the audio in this game! It's quality, it really sets this game apart from many others I've played. Ability sound effects are great, music is great, voice acting is great (especially the forsaken masters!).

On a related note, a master volume option would be useful.

The only thing I dislike is Greust post Awakening. I sell my stuff to Yeena now, lol.
The newer Malachai voice work seems way over-filtered.
It's inconsistent with the original voice work for one, and in my opinion is way overdone in general. It would be best if the demonic filter/effects could be toned down a bit to be more in line with his original levels.
Please could you adjust the volume of the Stygian Revenant in the hideout.
The sound is ok but much too loud.
If I lower the volume it is too quiet in the map
Honestly I get headaches when I am staying in my hideout for too long
Setting Ambient Sounds to 0 doesn't silence most of ambient sounds (battlegrounds background swords clashes, waypoints humm, portals humm, fire crackling in a4, etc,...)

A lot of us alt-tab the game and do other things while waiting for whispers, but it's impossible to not hear these ambient sounds that should be muted when ambient sounds are muted.

Just try it, mute your ambient sounds and you can still hear many ambient sounds. It makes me have to hide in a corner of my hideout., but i want to afk in act4 town so i can advertise in the party description things i want to buy or sell.
Last edited by topdick on Aug 8, 2015, 1:38:46 PM
I've turned my ambient volume down just because the birds in the Lush Hideout are so loud. I also have not heard the Act 4 music yet because it slipped my mind to turn music back on. I love most of it, but the high metallic screeching sounds (water cymbals?) mixed in to the Chamber of Sins and similar areas like the graveyard hurt my ears too much.

If this were an Elder Scrolls game I would have lit Greust and the Act 4 warrior on fire and thrown them down the nearest well. There is a disparity between "I hate you *spit*" and "Oh, you just immolated the ancient evil we've been fighting for a century and saved us all." Coincidentally that's also why the guards in ES games had short life spans.

The crunching sound in Highgate is also odd, I wasn't sure what it even was for a while. And I believe those are all of my audio whines for my entire play time of the game. I really enjoyed the lore additions like in Crossroads where you can follow the crying into ruins.

*The Act 4 music is amazing, you really outdid yourself on capturing the tone of the town and desert. There is an element of foreboding finality in the tracks. The Chamber and Battleground music is still grating. I turned it off because two of the hideouts I liked used it and the areas waere miserable for it.
Last edited by BananaXango on Aug 16, 2015, 11:47:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info