Audio Feedback.

"
Greengroove wrote:
The skill frenzy sounds ridiculous. This is not beta related as it is an old problem. Same goes for some other skills such as lightning warp. I already left this feedback a long time ago but no changes. These skills use excessive low bass frequencies ("booming"). It's totally "out of proportion". Don't you have a sub woofer to hear the sound properly? A good practice is to always use low cut in the sound chain. Not everybody can hear low frequencies but we can all feel them.

Frenzy:

Lightning warp:

Explosive arrow:

Flameblast:

It took me more than 5 minute to analyze these skills.

Personally I enjoy Flameblast and Molten Shell (and sort of explosive arrow) having very bass heavy sounds, it makes sense. I agree about the others though.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Last edited by Felix35071 on Jul 20, 2017, 6:14:40 PM
Yeah! It's a bit of a taste thing, and will vary greatly between different listening systems.

The biggest problem I see here is all the extra data below 30-40Hz. that stuff needs to go, and people would never notice!

Even really good systems don't reproduce those frequencies.
The audio guy.
The audio volume for the Golem's are annoyingly loud, and the Stone Golem's Slam Attack are especially annoying cause it sounds like it's hitting metal or something. I don't use it for that reason :( There are a couple more, but can't remember them at the moment.
“Close your eyes and let the mind expand. Let no fear of death or darkness arrest its course. Allow the mind to merge with Mind. Let it flow out upon the great curve of consciousness. Let it soar on the wings of the great bird of duration, up to the very Circle of Eternity.”
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
Yeah! It's a bit of a taste thing, and will vary greatly between different listening systems.

The biggest problem I see here is all the extra data below 30-40Hz. that stuff needs to go, and people would never notice!

Even really good systems don't reproduce those frequencies.

"
Well it is always a taste thing ain't it. :)

I understand that Frenzy uses some kind of channeling that uses low frequencies. That's fine, I buy it. But the low (spike) component is too loud. I have a Focal CMS 11" sub. It has been calibrated over about 2 weeks. Getting to finally hear low frequencies properly changed my life forever. Rarely something throws me off as much as frenzy does.

I would suggest low shelf eq + low cut at 40Hz if not higher. Or if you have the effect in multitrack you could bring it out at 80Hz and reduce at 40Hz. We can barely hear 40Hz. It's mostly wasted energy at that point.

Anyhow. I know this must be the worst time ever to bring this out. Maybe something to do once the dust settles. Good luck with 3.0.

"
Felix35071 wrote:
Personally I enjoy Flameblast and Molten Shell (and sort of explosive arrow) having very bass heavy sounds, it makes sense. I agree about the others though.

I enjoy those effect as well. I just added the graphs for comparisons. Frenzy is the main offender. Lightning warp is also a bit excessive, but most other effects are fine.
Greengroove's Loot Filter Scripts: poeurl.com/OMs
The text for Tarkleigh doesn't match up with the audio for the part after you meet Nessa for the first time.
I noticed the audio lines for some of the new characrters are poorly recorded. Almost all the past voices and their recordings wear either an absolute joy to listen to or bad (new zana is so bland, navali is too repetitive), but anyway.

I could hear really often the voice actors lip smacking and similar noises you do while you talk especially for Vilenta and Lani a bit too. While this is normal, it is really a distraction because the mic catched it really well, irl you do not really hear it.
The other voice actors did a phenomenal job to avoid this.

And no those where not ambient noises, I turned them off and listened to the character again.
Probably due to the time constraints but it is just very noticeable.
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but the voice recording doesn't match the text when you talk to Lilly Roth after exiting the Belly of the Beast in act 9.

Besides that, I'm also a bit disappointed in some of the voice lines but overall it's great. Especially during bossfights the music and the boss sounds make it epically more immersive. PoE is one of the few games I prefer to play with its native music and sounds.
I don't know if its normal but a lot of voices are missing from stones/library and other area.

Also since the release sometimes the sounds of the gam get completly bugged (only for spells/mobs sounds) and we need to restart the game to get if back to normal (like if you hear the mobs strike and dying like very strong with a destroyed sound, like if the headphone was kinda broken.

But overall the voice acting is really good, especially Dialla acting, the "demons stones" in the Kaom area, Daresso, and the OST is really great, like the music in the Ossuary and Library in act5, it change.
Act 8 Sin's voice acting is not in line with the text. In particular the "Solaris", "The Eternal Moon", and "Lunaris" Monologes upon entering the city. Also Act 7 after slaying Arakali in town
also act 8 after the solaris lunaris fight he gives a speech not in line with the text (the same speech he delivers upon entering highgate)

There were some minor things with Tarkleigh in act 6 I did not note down. ("Nessa" and "she" were switched around in text and voice iirc)

Irshara in act 9 : "trading" last sentence: "sure to come to some agreement (pause) sure to come to an agreement" in the voice. text is fine
in her "beast blood" satiate in text food in voice or something similar

other Feedback:

the thunder in the strand map is actually so convincing that I have wondered where the thunderstorm is in perfectly sunny weather. While it should be immersive for some people I get distracted because i think my pc is in danger from an actual thunderstorm (no UPS cheapskate here) or i rush to the window to close it only to stand in the sun.

Only arrived in Act 8 the only thing i really disliked was Yeena. Her non stop babble about the Spirrrrrit and broken syntax were nearly rage inducing in the end. If that Spirrrrit is a God... I really want to slay it. That is just an opinion though. Felt like a cheap "she is a foreigner and has different beliefs" effect.

I am really happy with the rest of the audio. The extended soundtrack is my go to listening thing for instrumental music. The only thing i would like to see there is an option to download the songs in one folder consecutively numbered. Well, because i as a consumer would eiter listen to it in order of appearance or on random. The way it is presented since the update makes more sense for a producer or someone needing to work with it rather than for consumers IMHO.

Cheers and keep up the good work.

Edit: first only posted one sin Monologe there are several more
Last edited by Capsaicin1337 on Aug 9, 2017, 12:07:41 PM
Act 4 Tasuni Malachai's Apprentices and Malachai dialogue for Templar is much lower volume than the rest of the lore passages. Can this be retuned?
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info