Audio Feedback.

"
AxxiusEQ wrote:
Request: please remove the sound from the character spell casting animations.

Example: Summon Raging Spirit. To see the problem better, link it with Faster Casting and Spell Echo and spam it using a character with high casting speed. Pop a Vaal Haste for even more ridiculousness.

My SRS witch sounds like a pissed off chihuahua. :)

This is still a thing and I have no idea why. GGG will you please listen to this and tell us what you think? Thank you for all that you do.
The bosses in act 4 are too loud relative to the character - especially daresso.
Please please please turn down Arctic Armour or give us the ability to disable particular sounds. It's been driving me crazy (per usual) enough to request it from you guys directly. It's really rather too much.
Character speech volume.

I don't know if it is coundted as "Dialouge Volume" or something else.
Sometimes the only way to understand these speeches if I check the "Output Dialouge To Chat" in the UI options menu.

Example.:
-Daresso's entry speech everywhere in The Grand Arena is too low from the fight what's going on while we are in his dream we can't hear a word from it. It should be louder.
Spoiler

Just compare this to Piety's "Enaugh of this!" when she refuse to fight onward at Tolman or she shouts in "Kill Me!" durning the fight with Malachai. That speeches are clearly undersandable, as it should be for the joy of the game. It is terrifying and awareness.
Spoiler

What I really miss - maybe I just don't shit my pants from it anymre - is when Fairgraves speaks about the allflame that it needed to be filled with essence of life... and in the end of the speech the "nameley you!" was so terryfingly loud when I first faught him. I so loved it, allmost shited my pants. As I came back to PoE after a few patch I realised it wasn't that loud anymore, maybe I'm just thinking it, but if not that should be changed back too. :)

Ofcourse I used same volume settings at both times.
Music on 25%
Item alert drop sound on 100%
Dialouge on 100%
rest on 50-60%
IGN: Teeborg
Vorici's greeting dialog always seems to have a harsh pop/hiss to it when it starts playing, especially the "So there you are" line.

Also, possible transcription error. I was playing Marauder with the voice to chat option enabled. On entering Act 3, the text said "It is good to feel your warmth again, Ramako, Father of Light." but I could have sworn the voice said Rakamo.
Last edited by Slairne on Jun 1, 2016, 3:07:46 PM
Edit: Put this in a new thread for now.
original post

New sound engine, besides making my soundcard piss itself and die (until system reboot), seems overvalue distance in volume.
Sounds at the top end of the screen are very quiet, to the point I can't make out a fireball explosion.
Crits are still audible.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Last edited by UnDeaD_CyBorG on Jun 3, 2016, 4:57:02 PM
Audio is waaaaaay too echoey now. It's like someone discovered the echo effect for the first time in their life and went to town.
I know I can disable reverb completely, but that's not the ideal solution. Hopefully this gets tuned down.
"
New sound engine, besides making my soundcard piss itself and die (until system reboot), seems overvalue distance in volume.
Sounds at the top end of the screen are very quiet, to the point I can't make out a fireball explosion.
Crits are still audible.
Not actually sure if they are just loud enough or don't get reduced so much.

(I can't edit anything anymore, everything apparently doesn't exist anymore or has been removed.)
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
My in game sound just stop working after 10-15 mins of gaming.
It sounds like an effect has been put on the audio causing all game sounds to slightly alter in pitch when played. I've mostly noticed it with the sound of placing orbs into stash/inv and the big lvl up sound but I assume it's affecting other sounds too. It's almost like there's some frequencies in there constantly oscillating.

No biggie really... but the sound just isn't right since the 2.3 update.
--------------- THE MOOCH --------------

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info