Audio Feedback.

somehow i have some problems with the voices, some sound like they are really far away or something, while others dont ^^
same with the character voice

any advice?
Group play with LA (shock) Ranger ICEshot ranged attack totem , Witch with Firestorm, Scion with Spectral throw (added skin) and greater multiple projectiles ended up with an overall sound noise reduction and the game couldn't decide which sounds to play , so there was an overall soundreduction which "sounds" lousy and terrible.

location chamber of sins lvl 1-3
Last edited by heimlichHELD on Jan 15, 2014, 7:14:14 AM
Whenever I use Double Strike with a blunt weapon a slashing blade sound effect is played instead of the usual blunt weapon smacking noise. It's not a big deal but I'm pretty sure it's unintended and an easy fix if GGG is unaware of it. I haven't tried it in a few weeks so it might be fixed by now.
Last edited by Brillo_Scrublord on Jan 22, 2014, 3:31:21 PM
Hi is there a plan to change the Summon Raging Spirit sound when it attacks?
I am not sure why skull hitting or biting something should sound like a drum. If some totem user summons all 50 skulls at the same time it's like a rock concert. After an hour it's a bit too much of drumming :)
New ground slam sound. While I like the updated visuals of GS, I can care less about the new sound update. It feels too hard, too loud, too meh. If I could, I would like to turn off my attack sounds while listening for drops.

Please give the old GS sound effect.
Slinkston's STANDARD Shop! http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/197511

IGN: Slinkston
I've been in a party with a friend recently, and noticed one thing in particular.
When they use Firestorm (with the MTX), no other sound is able to play.

The game is constantly having to pick firestorm sounds over any other, and it doesn't help that there is a # of sounds cap.

Can't hear Sh** captain.

Suggest you change the firestorm mtx sounds. (I don't know if this persist with normal firestorm)
To me, it's like it has one sound file that's playing over like 3-4 times per one cast.
If that's the case, try changing it to one longer file and see if that helps.

--------------------------
Also on a related note, the game doesn't play certain sounds if it exceeds the sound cap correct?

However, I feel certain sounds require priority over others.
For example, flasks, player sounds (being stun, being hit, etc)(versus other party-player generated sounds), and possibly uniques dropping, and currency orbs.

If all I hear are random monster sound effects or other player's spell effects, how am I supposed to know if my flask went off or not?

Is it possible to add either of the following:
A sound Que System, where a sound is guaranteed to play (small delay).
A sound Priority System, where certain sounds will play instead of others.

I realize with a que system, sounds will be out of sync with what actually happens. But that isn't as noticeable under a certain time-frame limit.
As long as it plays within 1 second of the event, players probably won't notice much.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
Last edited by Hixxie on May 1, 2014, 8:57:34 AM
I love the game, but my by FAR biggest complaint are the magic sound effects.

They don't have enough "impact". In Diablo 2 every spell had a satisfying sound effect. Everything SOUNDED powerful. Here some sounds have this tame little "swoosh".

Please adjust that. Everything else, so far, is perfect. Exactly what I was looking for.
"
Slinkston wrote:
New ground slam sound. While I like the updated visuals of GS, I can care less about the new sound update. It feels too hard, too loud, too meh. If I could, I would like to turn off my attack sounds while listening for drops.

Please give the old GS sound effect.

Agreed. Turns groundslamming into monotonous droning. Which it kinda is I guess, but the sound effect surely doesn't make it more pleasant.
Hello,

would it be possible to make the sound of the map portals a bit quieter?
The map device on my hideout is right beside the waypoint and chest and beeing near the portals can really make my ears hurt within time. I hope this is possible.

regards.
Hey :)
Sometimes , when I cast a spell with ranger, I hear like a "meeeeeew" or I don't know what.
Made me laugh and been killed rofl.
Thanks
shop: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1662526
IGN: ED_Again
Have fun !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info