Audio Feedback.

hey guys! Ive been playing PoE since launch on and off (mostly on),
but as far as i can remember, most of the music hasn't changed right?

Maybe you will slap me hard for this suggestion, but how about changing a few of the songs?
Perhaps alternate between an old and new one. Im thinking mostly of the town areas but also different places maybe :)

I like all the music, but after a while some of them can begin to sound a bit like a drag..
Im thinking a couple of new tunes might add some fresh wind to the game :)

opinions ?
I was away from the game near the end of the Beyond league and just found time to play again, and I noticed two songs (I'm still only in Act II on the new league) have been updated and redone.

I just wanted to thank you for doing a superb job, The song that plays in the Crypt now is already one of my favorites along with the Solaris track. I'm going to have to do a full re-listen of the entire soundtrack again.

I hope we'll soon have the ability to select which and how many of our favorite tracks play in our hideouts while we craft away.

This may fall under the realm of differing accents, but in Vagan's speech for Daresso as a Champion when he says "... good at the arena isn't the same as being good at the hearth" he pronounces hearth like "herth" instead of like "harth." It should be "harth" unless there's an obscure English accent I'm not aware of.
Just wanted to say that all the elemental crit sounds are absolutely glorious and satisfying as hell.
Hi,I recently bought a KAVE XTD 5.1 headset to stop tormenting my neighbors in the middle of the night and I noticed one thing that is LITERALLY making me sick.

The "sound effects" volume seems to be broken. There's DRASTIC differences between my left and right speaker playback. I turned off the mixer and all other options,and set it to stereo and it didn't go away. The difference between the volume is so big that it messes with my head and makes me feel like if my hearing was damaged, sounds like water in streams/waterfalls seem to be the worst.

All other games and music players work fine,plus I hear the same thing on regular MP3 player stereo earphones, so it's definitely PoE. Is it possible that this will be fixed at some point? It's extremely annoying, because I would like to keep the sound effects such as skill sound effects,hit sound effects,drop sound effects etc. but that ambient humming on two different volume levels is just maddening!

My suggestion is: make running water sounds(and all other that are similar and kept in the "sound effect" category) ambient sounds instead of "sound effects".

If it's not possible then please tell me why and if there's any kind of workaround for this?Maybe tampering with the games files and removing the "ambient sounds used in the sound effect category" ?
So there are a few things here,

First off are you currently using the headset in 5.1? While I believe the game does support 5.1 now, It was mixed for stereo and I personally have not heard it on a 5.1 system. Does the headset have a stereo mode? If so does the problem persist?

It could be the way our positioning is done, again the game is currently mixed with speakers in mind. This means everything is a bit more directional, more aimed at playing with a pair of speakers in front of you. Headphones over accentuate the scale of the 3d positioning due to the proximity of the speaker to the ear. In future I hope to have a "listener type" option that will offer an alternate mix for headphones.

Aaaaand in regard to the whole "ambient sounds used in the sound effect category". This is because all 3d positioned sounds were always routed through the sfx channel. It's something I've been looking at recently and Rhys implemented a fix for a few days back. Hopefully once the bugs are worked out and I've tagged all "ambient sound effects", they should all run through the ambient fader. I'm aiming to have this done for the public release of act 4.

Hope this helps!
The audio guy.
Hello

First, I want to state that I am bit sensitive to noise.

My hearing hurts because of the sound played on critical hit. Sound itself is annoying because it is like rock falling over some metal plate. Now if you cast ice nova with high cast speed and critical chance while surrounded by 10-20 enemies it will play this sound like 2 times per second making it unbearable even on very low volume settings. It is simply too much of noise. I have similar issue with the sound of lightning shrine (shock nova spell).

I rather play with sound effects muted and it is much more relaxing game play.

Could be sound of critical hit be a) softer b) not so loud c) not so frequently played d) turned off?

For better idea, example of very good sound effect that doesn't hurt is shield charge used by enemies in Ebony Barracks and Battlefront. It is soft and not loud.

Thank you for your time.
Current volume of the loot filter sound effects is too quiet. If I turn the sound effects volume up loud enough that a loot filter sound effect set to 99 volume is easy to pick out from other sounds that occur while fighting mobs that are dropping stuff, then the sound effect of either a critical strike or a shatter (unsure which, as a TS ranger with hatred they go together like peanut butter and jelly) is far too loud. Would like some loot filter sounds that don't blend in as much in general too, but I'll post about that in suggestions. Or you could just make the effect for TS + crit + shatter quieter; it's much louder than the normal TS sound and many other things controlled by that slider.
OPA Guild Officer: to join see http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119502
Last edited by Cidira on Jul 12, 2015, 11:50:48 AM
Just a comment, last night was my first time in Act 4 with the new voice acting. I had to say Voll was almost impossible to hear, both in his dialog (at least, I think there was dialogue, under the grunts?) and his confession was pretty quite too. I haven't gotten to the others yet, but I'll make sure to post what I think of their volume. Thanks!
IGN: Indigo
Be nice, I'm not very good at this.
Greust's departure dialogues are ridiculously spammy. I can see having one every once in a while, but having them EVERY... SINGLE... TIME you walk away from him is just too much. It's worse than the Scion used to be.

I'm also disappointed the level up sound has been made quieter. I liked the level it was at before 2.0 was released.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
Last edited by Gruentod on Jul 14, 2015, 2:43:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info