[3.15] For Scion - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
Ezevade wrote:
I found myself losing mana on longer fights like shaper faster than i was getting it back from leech. So while not an issue for mapping i cant imagine doing extremely tanky bosses without Tireless.

You can absolutely clear most content without Xoph's.

it's very strange
my physical cyclone slayer (who takes mana only from jewel) has no problem with mana neither on hydra (don't try another guardians yet) nor at red maps with no regen
0.4% of attack damage is definitely more than 0.37% of physical attack damage
maybe shaper one step ahead

i hope i'll check it out ^^
decent ngamahu dropped yesterday
there is no way...
Last edited by listLogic on Aug 31, 2017, 7:17:53 AM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
"
Essenix13 wrote:
Somewhat new to the POE scene and was hoping to try this out. I've seen some Marauder ngamahu's builds floating around that seem to really prioritize Kaom's heart. Is this a huge bonus for this build as well, and what are the benefits to rolling scion over marauder for a ngamahu's build?

Scion entire power is flexibility with her ascendancy and positioning ability in the tree. Which isn't too pronounced in this build but you generally choose between 2 out theses 3 sub ascendancy.

Elementalist (elemental peneration, extra golem, basically immune to relfect), Raider (move fast + boss killing with frezny charges), Champion (free tankiness)

Berserker ascendancy overall is much easier to play though.

----

Also why is champion + raider preferred over Elementalist + raider.

You get the extra pen, Golem and reflect immune which are huge qol or damage upgrades, on top of +40 int which is a massive help to the build. Only thing you have to do is upkeep fortify through ground slam instead of it being automatically.

If we attached fortify to cyclone instead of another damage gem, it shouldn't be that much of a big damage loss since we use two attacks to kill monsters (the cyclone and molten burst, so only one of them loses a bit of damage). Which damage should be made up by the 6% pen + extra fire golem and easier jewel gearing with the +40 int.

So we would want to choose the champion raider so as to not lose the fortify?

"
Going Raider Ele we lose free Fortify and 30% more dmg while Fortify is active. Then we need to drop Added Fire for Fortify and its around 100k Cyclone DPS loss vs Shaper, there is no way that additional golem and 6%pen can make up for it.

40 INT shouldn't be that hard to get and Opal with INT aren't that expensive now since HoWA isn't played rly.

As Hejtero was saying it seems like you are both agreeing you would want Champion + Raider? Sorry for the confusion!
"
Essenix13 wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
"
Essenix13 wrote:
Somewhat new to the POE scene and was hoping to try this out. I've seen some Marauder ngamahu's builds floating around that seem to really prioritize Kaom's heart. Is this a huge bonus for this build as well, and what are the benefits to rolling scion over marauder for a ngamahu's build?

Scion entire power is flexibility with her ascendancy and positioning ability in the tree. Which isn't too pronounced in this build but you generally choose between 2 out theses 3 sub ascendancy.

Elementalist (elemental peneration, extra golem, basically immune to relfect), Raider (move fast + boss killing with frezny charges), Champion (free tankiness)

Berserker ascendancy overall is much easier to play though.

----

Also why is champion + raider preferred over Elementalist + raider.

You get the extra pen, Golem and reflect immune which are huge qol or damage upgrades, on top of +40 int which is a massive help to the build. Only thing you have to do is upkeep fortify through ground slam instead of it being automatically.

If we attached fortify to cyclone instead of another damage gem, it shouldn't be that much of a big damage loss since we use two attacks to kill monsters (the cyclone and molten burst, so only one of them loses a bit of damage). Which damage should be made up by the 6% pen + extra fire golem and easier jewel gearing with the +40 int.

So we would want to choose the champion raider so as to not lose the fortify?

"
Going Raider Ele we lose free Fortify and 30% more dmg while Fortify is active. Then we need to drop Added Fire for Fortify and its around 100k Cyclone DPS loss vs Shaper, there is no way that additional golem and 6%pen can make up for it.

40 INT shouldn't be that hard to get and Opal with INT aren't that expensive now since HoWA isn't played rly.

As Hejtero was saying it seems like you are both agreeing you would want Champion + Raider? Sorry for the confusion!

Champion + Elementalist is good for mapping (ele reflect reduction) but 2 golems and ele pen are not really much dps bonus (~50k) in comparison to raider which lets you have perm frenzy and onslaught (~200k dps boost for me). Now about Raider + Elementalist, it defeats the purpose of playing Scion for me because then you need to gem fortify which is ~150-200k dps loss on cyclone while as i said earlier you get around 50k dps from elementalist.

TL;DR Champion + Elementalist for mapping
Champion + Raider for end game bosses
Raider + Elementalist seems useless
in fact, champion's fortify damage boost is "increased" not "more". "30% increased damage" is less than 5% "more" damage.
what champion gives u is free ur cyclone 1 socket, change fortify to add fire damage. it makes about 15% "more" damage (considering cyclone is make up 40% overall dps)
if u link fortify with leap slam, u have to change the way u play, which also have a dps lost.IMAO
hiya just curious why Gloves Titan Gauntlets are Preferred over spiked gloves :)
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
How valuable is devo devoation helm if you're using the Bronn's Lithe chest (which lacks defensive stats, but gives you ton of attack speed/movement speed). If you don't need the dex then it might be overall in some offensive stats. Instead of 15% attack speed/20 Movement speed you might be able to wear:

Starkonja's Head:

Trade in movement speed for 100 life

Heretic's Veil:
Can run a 2nd curse for even more damage/defensive (flame + ele weakness or defensive curse, or even more life leech with warlords)

The Tempest's Binding
Super support totem + some decent stats + harbringer buff

Generic super tank helm + resist/other stats:
This will deal with the lack of defensive stats on the chest, allowing you to easily get an enchant on the helm + fill in stats/resist you may need on other slots/jewels for easier gearing.

For "budget" builds this is by far the best choice instead of devo + belly/carcass jack ect.

You want lots of attack speed. The faster you hit, the faster you leech too. So the speed bonus that Devoto provide is a huge plus to the build.

You can certainly run dual curse with Heretic + Belly + Windscream for leveling and use Bronn + Devoto setup for clearing end game bosses.

"
listLogic wrote:
Why do you take "Tireless" hp cluster between marauder and templar area?
It's just 4% hp per point (IMO reduced skills manacost is not an issue at all)
We can grab some 5% hp nodes around the tree and have the same 20% overoll hp with one saved skillpoint
Also there is some combined 4% hp + resist/armor and "Hired killer" hp cluster near scion area (4.66% hp per skillpoint) and "Thick skin" hp cluster near "Point blank" (4.5% hp per skillpoint)

PS: Very cheap build with Hoph's blood makes me cry :(

The skill tree is designed such that you can easily spec for more toughness or more damage based on your preferences. You can certainly drop Tireless and go for other life nodes (or damage nodes) if you feel that you don't have mana issues.

It is very cheap because you just need Ngamahu to get started with the build. Even without Xoph's Blood, you will be able to clear T16 guardians. :)

"
hiya just curious why Gloves Titan Gauntlets are Preferred over spiked gloves :)

Titan Gauntlets is preferred because of lab enchantment. :)
ok thanks for reply and i guess flammability is preferred enchant as price vs attack speed for cyclone is massive :)
I was wondering what the idea with physical to lightning support gem is? When I put it in it decreases my DPS significantly, which I checked the first time I put it in and replaced it with concentrated effect instead.

Maybe there's something I'm missing tho, would love to know.

I like the guide otherwise, altho I decided to stick with the original idea of elementalist instead of raider. The golems do feel useless tho, my flame golem dies easy as cake even as a lvl 18 gem ( no quality tho ). I changed the skill tree slightly in regards to a few minor life nodes but otherwise I've been sticking to the original skill tree.

Thanks for doing this guide, I like cyclone a lot and the burst is pretty amazing.
"
Relarious wrote:
I was wondering what the idea with physical to lightning support gem is? When I put it in it decreases my DPS significantly, which I checked the first time I put it in and replaced it with concentrated effect instead.

Maybe there's something I'm missing tho, would love to know.

I like the guide otherwise, altho I decided to stick with the original idea of elementalist instead of raider. The golems do feel useless tho, my flame golem dies easy as cake even as a lvl 18 gem ( no quality tho ). I changed the skill tree slightly in regards to a few minor life nodes but otherwise I've been sticking to the original skill tree.

Thanks for doing this guide, I like cyclone a lot and the burst is pretty amazing.

Problem is that you are supposed to use Phys to lightning gem untill you take avatar of fire from skill tree/xoph's necklace. There is separate section for "With Xoph's blood"
Been reading a lot of the debate in here, could we get the build page updated with the new information, things like going raider instead of elementalist isn't actually changed in the text body. Also, i'm assuming the max level immortal call isn't intended since its never on the hotbar for manual casting.
Last edited by some1s on Sep 1, 2017, 5:08:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info