[3.15] For Scion - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

I'm trying this build but I'm finding it to be way too squishy, mostly because I can't leech fast enough to recover from a heavy hit. Am I doing something wrong ?
"
Arator95 wrote:
I'm trying this build but I'm finding it to be way too squishy, mostly because I can't leech fast enough to recover from a heavy hit. Am I doing something wrong ?

Single elemental reflect mod mechanism has changed in 3.1 and you no longer need to use Sibyl ring. You can replace it with a high damage rare opal ring instead.

You can also consider using Pure Talent Viridian Jewel.

Also, I have updated the recommended gears section so you can take a look at the amulet + aura setup listed in there.
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
Arator95 wrote:

Single elemental reflect mod mechanism has changed in 3.1 and you no longer need to use Sibyl ring. You can replace it with a high damage rare opal ring instead.

You can also consider using Pure Talent Viridian Jewel.

Also, I have updated the recommended gears section so you can take a look at the amulet + aura setup listed in there.

I believe my damage output is ok, my main complaint is with how easy I die and not because of elemental reflect.
For example let's take the Guardian of the Chimera: the adds (especially the dogs) often killed me simply because 1 hit takes me down to 20% hp, and another quick consecutive hit will finish me cause my life just doesn't go up fast enough. I was wondering if that's just the effect of vaal pact nerf and if there's anything to do about it.
Hey man sorry to bug you again, just running into a couple predicaments and I'd like your input if you don't mind.

So I see you updated the recommended amulets. Issue is, the cheapest Impresence is like 1.4ex (Flammability).
Cheapest 5L Bronns with the colors needed is 1.5ex, and that Watcher's Eye jewel recommended is 1ex.

Which of these would be best to upgrade first?

Was running Carnage Heart but I see that was removed from the recommended, so now I'm not sure what to run for an amulet.

Running Belly right now because I got extremely lucky and got it as a drop, replaced my random 5L Rare.

Second thing, Labs and Trials are actually impossible for me, which is frustrating because the boss fights are soooo easy with this build but Vaal Pact is making handling traps very difficult.

Gotten to the point where I actually skip over Trials during maps. Also frustrating because I really would like those extra passives.

I even ran with the flask setup you recommended, although I used instant recovery bleed flasks instead of the 50% instant flasks, not sure if that matters?
"
Arator95 wrote:

I believe my damage output is ok, my main complaint is with how easy I die and not because of elemental reflect.
For example let's take the Guardian of the Chimera: the adds (especially the dogs) often killed me simply because 1 hit takes me down to 20% hp, and another quick consecutive hit will finish me cause my life just doesn't go up fast enough. I was wondering if that's just the effect of vaal pact nerf and if there's anything to do about it.

Chimera adds do huge DOT and have been well known to be more deadly than Chimera himself.

And yes, the changes to Vaal Pact makes Chimera adds phase more potent. I find the following strategy against them to work best for me:

"
- Place totem at (1), between the 2 gates at the right side of the room. Totem will block incoming damage from (5)

- Cyclone near the gate at (2)

- Ensure totem is always up at (1) as you take out the mobs at (2) and (1)

- Once all mobs from (1) and (2) are cleared (you will know this when the rare mob at (2) shows up), place totem at (3), near center of room

- Cyclone near the totem at (4)

- Keep totem up while you take out the mobs

Also, you can run Enfeeble curse when you fight Chimera, you will still have enough damage to down him and take less damage from the adds.
Last edited by kira1414 on Dec 30, 2017, 8:07:33 PM
I was toying around in PoB and it looks like Hatred does more damage than Anger in the ring slot with Impresence IF and only if you don't have the watchers eye jewel. Also balancing resist with a Bronn's, Devotos, Impresence, and an unset ring was really hard.

Also what are you thoughts on Blood Rage. I see you use in in the PoB and in your characters but it seems to have such a long duration that if i run out of enemies it takes like 50% of my life by the end of it.

Also same question with Flame golem over lighting golem?
"
Kelevradog007 wrote:
I was toying around in PoB and it looks like Hatred does more damage than Anger in the ring slot with Impresence IF and only if you don't have the watchers eye jewel. Also balancing resist with a Bronn's, Devotos, Impresence, and an unset ring was really hard.

Also what are you thoughts on Blood Rage. I see you use in in the PoB and in your characters but it seems to have such a long duration that if i run out of enemies it takes like 50% of my life by the end of it.

Also same question with Flame golem over lighting golem?

Yes, if you are not using Watcher's Eye, Hatred > Anger vs Shaper. If you have Watcher's Eye, you will want to run Anger instead.

Check out the recommended gears section. I have included preferred aura setup for Xoph's Blood and Impresence. Take a look at that.

Blood Rage is good but I tend to not use it as the degen is painful to manage.

For golems, either are fine. Pretty much based on the colors of your slot that you will be placing the gem in. Lightning golem will provide slightly more damage.
"
- Place totem at (1), between the 2 gates at the right side of the room. Totem will block incoming damage from (5)

- Cyclone near the gate at (2)

- Ensure totem is always up at (1) as you take out the mobs at (2) and (1)

- Once all mobs from (1) and (2) are cleared (you will know this when the rare mob at (2) shows up), place totem at (3), near center of room

- Cyclone near the totem at (4)

- Keep totem up while you take out the mobs
Also, you can run Enfeeble curse when you fight Chimera, you will still have enough damage to down him and take less damage from the adds.

I tried out your execution and it does help a lot!
About my complaints about survivability, there seems to be a bug affecting the scion https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2048321
Last edited by Arator95 on Jan 1, 2018, 10:57:32 AM
I have a question regarding the curse, So I am playing a friend all the time and he uses passive for extra curse, from what i understand that if i use my curse it will overwrite his, so using curse from my side is not a good thing? what do you recommend me to do in this case, do i bother with curse or what.
"
BlightBoy17 wrote:
I have a question regarding the curse, So I am playing a friend all the time and he uses passive for extra curse, from what i understand that if i use my curse it will overwrite his, so using curse from my side is not a good thing? what do you recommend me to do in this case, do i bother with curse or what.

If your friend runs curses, then yes, your curse can cancel off his. You can consider running Hatred or Anger instead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info