[3.11] Kitava's Thirst Builds - Flame Surge/Blade Vortex - Sirus /T16 Farm

The new Purifying Flame skill seems liek it would fit in well with this, any opinion?
Get laid, get paid, drink Gatorade.
"
TheMaker51 wrote:
The new Purifying Flame skill seems liek it would fit in well with this, any opinion?

I'm still waiting for details of those skills, but both Purifying Flame and Wave of Conviction look like interesting choices to boost DPS.
It is tempting to try this league as an Inquisitor to get full potential with consecrated ground.

The elemental exposure thing instead of reduced resistance is also a little weird, looks like a nerf for the moment (it would be the first nerf since 3.0), we'll see.

Still hyped, as usual. :)
Bump, good news as usual for this patch.
Hey, build looks really interesting but I have few questions:

1. How well would this work as a league starter? Think it could get to Guardians on a budget? (By budget I mean stuff like Tabula, no Eye, no Mark of the Shaper etc.)

2. Is the +9 to lenght actually significant?

3. I was gonna ask about a leveling guide but I booted up the good ol' PoB and answered my question :D

4. About Kitava's Thirst, do you need to spend 100 with one cast for the spells to actually work? Or can I spend 2x50 mana for it to cast out the spells?

Not gonna lie, this build is looking pretty juicy so I'm probably going to start with it regardless, but thanks in advance for answering the questions.
Hi !

1. I played this build several times as a leaguestarter, it is fairly easy (not the best though), having a 5L Pledge helps a lot.
Tabula is not needed at all, only core item is the helmet (and increased mana gloves/jewel).
Don't rush it to activate the build though, you need a mana pool large enough to sustain Flame Surge and MoM.

2. Base radius is 30 at the moment, so the new Flame Surge (39) with Concentrated Effect (27.3) is almost like the old one without. Not huge, but compensating CE is still pretty good in my opinion.

3. The leveling is very flexible, what I like to do is to build the "backbone" of the build, like shown in the leveling tree, to be close to all the important nodes. I take Armageddon Brand with Flame Surge at lvl 28, and equip Malachai's Artifice ASAP.

4. You need to spend 100 mana per use, each time. No way around that, unfortunately.

Good luck !
Looking forward to an updated 3.6 tree for this one.
Yup, I'm on it right now. Life build is pretty much the same, the ES one will be based on my 3.2 build. :)
"
Sarodh1 wrote:

It is tempting to try this league as an Inquisitor to get full potential with consecrated ground.

The mana regen of Inquis got extremly nerfed. Would be hard to get enough mana regen now to sustain casting.
Looks like it, yeah, it's not too bad though, but you'd depend on Warlord's Mark and Watcher's Eye jewel. And Trickster changes look very strong for ES builds.

Edit : btw, new pob link is out for ES build.
Last edited by Sarodh1 on Mar 6, 2019, 4:27:38 PM
''Besides dealing tons of damage, Flame Surge is also among the fastest spells in the game (equaled only by Dark Pact and Blade Vortex), which benefits greatly this build.''

Nah mate, Tempest shield + Orb of Storm is fastest by far

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info