[3.11] Kitava's Thirst Builds - Flame Surge/Blade Vortex - Sirus /T16 Farm

Hi mate,

Nice idea overall, and really pleasant playstyle/build. It was a bit rough to level tho.

Since i've seen the %spell leeched as ES, and the trickter new additions i've always wanted to try a hybrid build.

Can you check this PoB and tell me what you think about it ?

https://pastebin.com/ryYvjNn7

Hi, Life/MoM with Ghost Shroud looks indeed very strong, basically you get just enough ES to be able to hold at least a recovery.

One thing though : I think you have too much ES, and not enough evasion.
-Jade/Stibnite is mandatory if you want to maximize the benefits of Ghost Shroud.
-With those two flasks, you get to 27k evasion, which means that you don't need that much ES to hold one recovery. You can drop Discipline to free some mana which is useful for MoM.
-Throw in a nice Clarity Watcher's Eye and you're set.

As a personal preference, I'd take Light Eater instead of Ethereal Feast, the slight drop in ES leech is worth the increased damage. Both are fine though.
If you want to get more defensive, a Quartz Flask is a nice addition.

In total, you get 8k effective HP, tons of evasion, dodge, with a nice ES buffer with recharges almost fully when you get hit. It makes me remember the glorious days of the Aegis Aurora. :)

Currently I'm playing CI, but I think I'll respec, and try a hybrid version later in the league.

You're welcome to try anything else you might find interesting, suggestions are always welcome. Good luck !
Hey my man great build overall but i have a serious problem. I am always out of mana with like 2 casts . Weave the arcane doesn't seem to come even close to sustaining the mana. Is there any other way for mana leech or something? i can't enjoy the build cause i almost always can't cast.
CWDT + Warlord's Mark is usually the easiest solution to begin with (see my "How to manage Mana" section).
"
Sarodh1 wrote:
"
tanaceleb wrote:
@Sarodh 1

Are you going to update blade vortex build too to 3.6? I have an old Kitava build by Darkblitz9. But he haven't been updating it since forever :)

I would like to play with it again and I saw your version of it. But pob link is version 3.4, i think?!

Yeah, 3.4 tree is broken on PoB, unfortunately.
Here's a new compatible link : https://pastebin.com/tkhjKnceE
I'll update the guide soon.

Thanks mate. Items are still the same as in your guide shows? I've got some spare time at hand, so I'm going to check my Kitava shadow to work properly.
"
tanaceleb wrote:
Thanks mate. Items are still the same as in your guide shows? I've got some spare time at hand, so I'm going to check my Kitava shadow to work properly.

Items might change, but the general idea is there. My account is public, so you can check my current character on PoB.
"
Sarodh1 wrote:
"
tanaceleb wrote:

Items might change, but the general idea is there. My account is public, so you can check my current character on PoB.

I was checking your gear, and I noticed that you are using Intensify instead of controlled destruction. Are you just testing or it's just better to use intensify?
Intensify is much better, it's easy to get to 4 stacks, and the buff comes with very few drawbacks compared to CD.
I'm back with an update on this,

https://pastebin.com/zx3RcgjB

Currently sitting at 1.2M Shaper Dps, didn't kill it yet but the overall mapping/cleaning process is quite good and impression, uber izaro was a piece of cake btw.

N.B : still on a 5L, 6L (immolate) would up the dps by a minimum of 400K on shaper.

Very very nice Poe experience.
"
Werynn wrote:
I'm back with an update on this,

https://pastebin.com/zx3RcgjB

Currently sitting at 1.2M Shaper Dps, didn't kill it yet but the overall mapping/cleaning process is quite good and impression, uber izaro was a piece of cake btw.

N.B : still on a 5L, 6L (immolate) would up the dps by a minimum of 400K on shaper.

Very very nice Poe experience.

Glad you like it. :)

I'm pretty much at the same point at the moment, except I'm CI. Around the same DPS with a 5L, I'm farming T16s.

Careful, your herald has a mana multiplier because of Arcane Surge.

I like the QotF/Three Step combo (nice 5 off color btw), makes me want to switch to hybrid right now. Maybe with Hyrri's Ire.
Last edited by Sarodh1 on Mar 18, 2019, 2:37:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info