[3.11] Kitava's Thirst Builds - Flame Surge/Blade Vortex - Sirus /T16 Farm

Hey there ! Before i fully commit to that build (it was itching me for some time hehe), what would you advise as the more solid version against end game bosses (particularly Uber Elder obviously).

I see you are testing the hybrid version on your new char : it seemed to satisfy you but on what point (clearing, bossing ?)
What about perfect form ? are we loosing too much evasion with that one ?

last (maybe stupid) question : while browsing for watcher eye i see often clarity+zealotry mode. Is 50% mana reserved too much ? (and by the way i suppose we should get ride of herald to be able to run that, so maybe a bad idea).

thanks for the build anyway, seems enough fun !
"
Wedges wrote:
Hey there ! Before i fully commit to that build (it was itching me for some time hehe), what would you advise as the more solid version against end game bosses (particularly Uber Elder obviously).

I see you are testing the hybrid version on your new char : it seemed to satisfy you but on what point (clearing, bossing ?)

Hi, for the moment I'd say the life version, but it is quite expensive. Hybrid has a lot of potential, I'm currently farming T16s like a breeze, and my gear is pretty cheap.

"
What about perfect form ? are we loosing too much evasion with that one ?

Perfect Form is totally fine, you have a little less base eva, which lowers the ES from Escape Artist, but you gain increased dex, increased eva with cold res, and free Arctic Armour and Phase Acrobatics.

Try it out, you can also try Hyrri's Ire, QotF, Kintsugi, Cloak of Defiance, Fox's Fortune, and even rare Shaped with base crit chance. The choice is yours to get a gear with a good balance between es and evasion.

"
last (maybe stupid) question : while browsing for watcher eye i see often clarity+zealotry mode. Is 50% mana reserved too much ? (and by the way i suppose we should get ride of herald to be able to run that, so maybe a bad idea).

Sure, you can get Zealotry, with a watcher's eye you should manage the mana cost, don't forget that you're sacrificing lots of mana for MoM though. However, MORE DPS. :)

Good luck !
So its somehow a glass connon build ?
[discontinued] Dyadus Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1886525
[discontinued] Flame Surge Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1892524
Life is ethical
Life is Life.
Life is nonMETA.
"
cr4ck4r wrote:
So its somehow a glass connon build ?

Flame Surge's range makes the build riskier than the average spellcaster, however I can get up to 8k effective hp, with lots of evasion, and I can farm the hardest content in the game, so you tell me. :)
Bump, with some news. :)
Bump, another update, and a proper Uber Elder video.
Last edited by Sarodh1 on Apr 1, 2019, 4:19:45 PM
@Sarodh1

Do you have an alternate armour for Cloak of Defiance to bladefall build, or is it for MoM?
And what properties to concentrate for sceptre. For the dagger I have Divinarius for now.
"
tanaceleb wrote:
Do you have an alternate armour for Cloak of Defiance to bladefall build, or is it for MoM?
And what properties to concentrate for sceptre. For the dagger I have Divinarius for now.

Sure ! Lots of chests are fine for this build : Hyrri's Ire, QotF, The Perfect Form, Kintsugi, rare eva/es chests, and so on. As long as it has stong eva or eva/es stats, it's all good.

Edit : about the scepter, the primary stat is extra elemental as chaos, then extra phys as X, then crit multi, then any kind of damage you can find.
Last edited by Sarodh1 on Apr 2, 2019, 12:47:22 PM
Just wanna give my build comments.

Decided to play the build and it was really good choice ;)
So far lvl 93 could have been 95+ if not braindead mapping and stupid deaths from synthesis bosses when I try to zerg them with 6+ mods LUL

So far I started with pure life build, with top notch roll on loreweave etc. and my pb was showing 5,5 mil shaper dps with power/frenzy charges witch is insane, however life build lacks surviveability, a lot. I was having troubles with chimera, or other phys bosses. Tried uber elder with 4.2k hp and 30% mom and it was not enough unless you know the fight at your best and can dodge all the shit. In my case it was my 2nd uber attempt ever, so i just tried to zerg his phases but usually was out of mana because of MOM (actually this part triggers me the most).

Then saw that you OP killed uber with hybrid and that you have ~7k effective hp, so I switched to hybrid and gosh it was DAY and NIGHT. You can tank way more shit, your mana drops only when you are damaged by things that is going through the shield or when you are out of the stacks.

Tried uber again but failed hard burned 3 sets i think, but again i was trying to skip phases and ignore half of the fight (my ass was burning the same way enemies does in this build ^^)

So today decided to try it again and thx god i am done with this cancer fight. Not clean at all but w/e kill is kill.

Pushing last 6 challenges and I am done with this crap league, lol.

Ah yea, the ignite combo (neck + ring) for the life build is actually really good. It is cheap, it pushes your dmg into the sky (was not able to beat it for quite a while) with hybrid/es build. However it has the problem that you leech only when ignited and sometimes there were deaths when i wasn't able to leech incoming damage (hello synthesis projectile mobs) because i was not ignited. Switching to constant 0.5% leech on the neck/corruption is a big difference (tested)

PB: 4.7mil dps atm. with all the shit up. (sad that double corruption on helm only has burning damage)

So yea, fun build. GJ OP.
Last edited by prophets on Apr 2, 2019, 2:35:44 PM
Hi, thanks for your input, much appreciated. :)

Indeed, hybrid is the way to go for now, much better, and cheaper.
I always try to keep the build flexible, so I can choose the best way to navigate the meta. The more time passes, the more options we have.

The Uber fight is tough. It took me several leagues to train, and properly farm it. Mobility is the main issue, even above tanking (the Blade Vortex variation was a breeze, with Whirling Blades). The Flame Dash buff, and now the improved movement speed, makes the fight easier to manage.

I'll try to push towards 95, to get that last life node, but I tend to die stupidly too.

Glad you like the build, good luck ! ;)
Last edited by Sarodh1 on Apr 2, 2019, 5:58:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info