[3.9] Windz's Generic Miner Sabo (Arc/Pyroclast focused)

ok, not sure what I'm missing here. I'm following all the recommendations in this build and I just started using GC in a 3L lifesprig.

There are some rares I cannot even kill. My mines do horrible, horrible damage. killing Gravicius took like 2 minutes. I'm also using herald of storm.

What's going on here? Am I missing something crucial about mine placement? Should I level with something else?

I've never played mines before, but my limited experience thus far has been awful

Also, how come sometimes when im placing mines near packs of enemies they just disappear? can mobs kill the mines? Like I'll place 3 and only 1 detonates

edit: just equipped a bitterdream and doesnt seem to help much...it moved my "avg damage" from 251 to 267....
Last edited by broseidon07 on Dec 18, 2017, 11:18:40 PM
"
broseidon07 wrote:
ok, not sure what I'm missing here.

Getting Clever Construction early helps so your mines/traps do not get destroyed. (Unless you start using decoy totem, then it can wait)
I just leveled with a bitterdream and had no problems. I don't know why you have pain attunement, but try and get at least Saboteur.

I used hatred, and would recommend you do the same instead of herald of storm and get a decoy totem ASAP.

In terms of mine placement I had to get used to hanging back a bit, because if the mobs are too spread out the dmg can be meh while leveling. Get your decoy totem out so they all funnel into an almost straight line, put your mines down and then onto the next pack.
Last edited by champ3n on Dec 19, 2017, 12:03:08 AM

Picked up one of these.. if you can afford it, its absolutely insane for this build.

Vaal Clarity spam works well for general mapping but for big bosses and such that block vaal skills this potion essentially lets us at will use vaal clarity.

Feels amazing man.
Last edited by Nothigface on Dec 19, 2017, 1:19:06 AM
Hello. I started the new league with this and so far so good. I have some issue with mana reg but i saw some advices and i'm working on that too.
i only have issu when i take spike damage in my face tho)
Clear speed is good, damage is insane. We could use more mobility but i'm looking to use that hammer later.

I just don't really know what to focus right now, I changed my amulet (which was insanly bad) and if i want to change something now it will cost a lot : Change for a better dagger, better shield, the helm W/enchant (60-120 C depend on what i'll take. I need some rez tho. I could check for Jew/6L/Flask
(maybe it's where i'm. Just stacking currency and change for expensive stuff)

That flask is really beautifull tho. but so expensive *o*

i think my character is not locked, if anyone with experience can it check for advices.

thanks
Sorry for my quite bad english. Try to do my best <3
Hi there, I am using this guide to build a hogm farmer, I am curious if you have suggestions, the damage is actually there, even at 68 of course I could use plenty more nodes, I am just here to see if someone can help me steer my spec towards grandmaster farming. feel free to inspect I am mainly looking for defense for hogm. Thanks

one question ..
are the kaoms realy worth?
i have about 30% dodge Chance due to items like

i would loose all and cant skill blind.
what are ur thoughts?
im running t10-t11 maps right now and i feel fine for now
"
broseidon07 wrote:
ok, not sure what I'm missing here. I'm following all the recommendations in this build and I just started using GC in a 3L lifesprig.

There are some rares I cannot even kill. My mines do horrible, horrible damage. killing Gravicius took like 2 minutes. I'm also using herald of storm.

What's going on here? Am I missing something crucial about mine placement? Should I level with something else?

I've never played mines before, but my limited experience thus far has been awful

Also, how come sometimes when im placing mines near packs of enemies they just disappear? can mobs kill the mines? Like I'll place 3 and only 1 detonates

edit: just equipped a bitterdream and doesnt seem to help much...it moved my "avg damage" from 251 to 267....

Buy a cheap 4/5L white chest and put your mines in there instead of the sprig.

This was my setup during the league start and 1/2 mines would finish every pack.

"
rotheee wrote:
one question ..
are the kaoms realy worth?
i have about 30% dodge Chance due to items like

i would loose all and cant skill blind.
what are ur thoughts?
im running t10-t11 maps right now and i feel fine for now

I have a similar setup to you (at t10 also) - switched to koams and couldn't stand the slow movespeed. I've stuck with 30% MS rare life/res boots - based on windz current gear setup.
Last edited by toddmc on Dec 19, 2017, 4:46:13 AM
Would one extra mine be preferred over %mine dmg? Seeing those shaped helms, wondering if I'm gonna buy one with +1 mine or just go for the %dmg
But how do you deal with stun without Kaom?
We can deal with freez thanks to the ring in the guide, i guess we can pass on Temporalchain, but stun are painfull. It's was my main issue before getting the boots (but i agree, the slow speed is anoying AF)
Sorry for my quite bad english. Try to do my best <3
"
KouboMog wrote:
But how do you deal with stun without Kaom?
We can deal with freez thanks to the ring in the guide, i guess we can pass on Temporalchain, but stun are painfull. It's was my main issue before getting the boots (but i agree, the slow speed is anoying AF)

hmm i dont get stunned very often. if theres an abbys or a box .. i stay safe, shildcharge out and my Stone Golem take those stuns ..
i think i wont take kaom for now .. still have enough to upgrade ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info