"You are just spoiled from Legacy and Breach being loot pinatas"

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
None of that denies that you're spoiled... just that you remember stuff too.

Oh... when you see a spoiled kid, or god forbid have to teach one... don't blame the kid. Totally on the parents. All kids are born spoiled. It's natural to be that way.

Funny thing is that I don't even think it has to live up to Legacy's standards for people to actually have fun. Even Essence standards would be ok.

Just give us at least 1-2 binding orbs guaranteed per map so that rares get rolling. Anything will do and I hope they don't go conservative with the update.

And seriously, Beachhead being such a low RNG chance was a terrible mechanical decision. At least in breaches you have a sense of progress towards the bosses. Even if you don't get the breaches you are close to finishing, you still progress towards something else.

Meanwhile 12 harbinger orbs later...
Personally I'm enjoying the league, maybe it's because I chose not to participate in the beta so I had a 2 month break from POE so there is a lot of new stuff for me to do and a lot of new builds to try out.

I agree the league is bland. Way bland. But they wanted it that way. There's a whole new game before maps. You rushed through it and are expecting a better end. That's exactly what they didn't want you to do. The League is bland so that you'll spend time in the main content. Roll up another character... take it through again. Roll up something for fun... not simply because it will cheese maps. Treat this league differently, because it's different.

They should have made challenges to that effect. Complete Act 10 with one of each character... shit like that.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Aug 14, 2017, 9:16:45 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I agree the league is bland. Way bland. But they wanted it that way. There's a whole new game before maps. You rushed through it and are expecting a better end. That's exactly what they didn't want you to do. The League is bland so that you'll spend time in the main content. Roll up another character... take it through again. Roll up something for fun... not simply because it will cheese maps. Treat this league differently, because it's different.

They should have made challenges to that effect. Complete Act 10 with one of each character... shit like that.

I starting to feel like that - want not to do end game maps, but... enjouy PoE with different builds/chars :)

Oh. here were leagues like 'level all chars to lvl 65' and this time something like that could fit more, not again - grind end game bosses/kill shaper/do all that T1-15 map mods(unid, twinned boss, corruped)...
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
Anyone denying that Legacy was not a LOOT fiesta is clueless. Compared to any other league.

Are you high?

You are rambling that Anarchy was a "high loot density" league, when the leaguestone "Anarchy" completely eclypsed Anarchy in every shape and form.

Anarchy league: Chance for a Rogue exile per zone (aprox 30-50%)

Leaguestone:

Essence league? Same thing.

And you could slot 3 of those things at the same time. Hell, even just slotting onslaught gave you a static "you get 20% more stuff" bonus.

Legacy was *the* loot fiesta league. It was a loot pinata, put into another loot pinata on top of a quantity bonus.

In fact, legacy was so bad, the follow up league would have been a disapointment no matter what they'd put in, unless it was perma-mayhem. That said, the league is especially bland.

Legacy was cool but the inventory mgmt made it annoying for me. My personal favorite of recent leagues was Breach. :) Loot...but hard shit to fight.

Second favorite was Perandus simply because so many build-enabling uniques were relatively cheap.

My dream league would be one where you fight a breach like hoard of monsters and if you do it, at the end is a slot machine where you get something like Cadiro would offer.

Would be tooo awesome.
Why do people care so much about Harbinger? Let's not kid ourselves, 3.0 is the 'league'.

At least wait for the update this week before passing judgement.
I only ever played Legacy & Harbinger. Never played Standard expect in Beta for like 2 seatings.

I enjoyed the added content of new acts, but the loot drop is significantly dropped. Breach is no more in the story mode (haven't done map yet), & no legacy stne for extra monstor packs.

The loot from Harbringer is underwhelming. SHould have given actual currency instead of shard expcet maybe for the rares ones like mirror & Ex.

Purely from story mode persepctive, I am in act 10 now, & hopefully mapping soon. I am taking my time.
"
Apos91 wrote:

Other than that. No it wasn't. Let me give you an example.

In 2.6 I played an ele bow build. Stuck to windripper since I didn't find a bow that was comfortable enough to replace it with. However I ended up with great jewelry, etc and even got a legacy windripper in my first legacy stone. Initial plan was to go for a legacy RotC and play Ice Shot, but plans change.

In total, the build was able to do everything up to guardians with ease. It wasn't always able to, but it actually scaled properly and if I bothered more to get a pair of skyforths and a good amulet, maybe eventually do shaper. Not in Day 1, but in good pacing after 1.5-2 months into the league.

Now the build has lost a ton of crit mult, a frenzy charge and has to invest much more passive points into life, because life is still terrible in terms of investment value, yet mandatory.

So, in total, the build is dead. It now needs a statistically impossible rare bow to even compete.

And apparently that's a good thing, because it was a necessary sacrifice, alongside many more T3-2 builds, who people still enjoyed playing just because they liked them. They knew they shot themselves in the foot, but were willing to take the bullet just to have fun, after all the builds were eventually able to scale properly most of the time.

I do not consider that an end that justified the means. This balance update is terrible. The amount of collateral damage is huge.

Do you even understand the concept of the Legacy league had? It was intended to be an absurd loot fest to celebrate the end of a major chapter of the game. I guess GGG did not account for people like you who expect every single league from now on to be a loot fest. Typical self entitled generation.

So what if you build got destroyed. Make another one - there are plenty of options. it's called balancing. Things change.

It is absurdly ridiculous how you counterargument yourself in your reply:

You got a legacy Windripper - it's legacy for a reason buddy. Be thankful you got the opportunity to get one last league instead of crying about this league. It's not the same league and it has different mechanics.

You clearly state your build was able to do guardians with little investment (you played ES right?) with good damage. You immediately complain that now you have to invest to much in life: well BU HU HU. What about all the people who loved to play life and HAVE ALWAYS had to invest tremendous amounts of points to make viable builds?

ES was broken for ages and life was always the regarded child. They simply normalized the numbers now and they are on par. The only reason people don't play it anymore is because the almighty deserved nerf hammer hit their OP stand in sharper slam and not care builds.

You need a statistically impossible bow to compete? It just shows how little you care about what is possible and how much you care to cry without reason.

One link:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Doomfletch%27s_Prism

Have a brain and use it. Cheap and easy to obtain. I sold 4 in the current league.

The balance changes were totally on point from all aspects including boss HP. Bringing in normal numbers for both survivability and damage the clearly overpowered steamrolling train that any ES build was is not collateral damage. It is the clear intention and this was stated. DEAL WITH IT.

Also why are you automatically suggesting that a new meta needs to be buffs? No one ever said that and it's not a given fact. It can be only nerfs. It's still a new meta.

Finally ES and life build can compete on equal grounds without one being way more superior to the other.

I love life builds and never touched ES BECAUSE it was so stupidly unbalanced. And life was always punished and sub par to any ES build. Check my posts. See if I ever complained and asked for buffs or nerfs for either. I just play the cards i'm dealt and make choices as an adult.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"
Apos91 wrote:

Other than that. No it wasn't. Let me give you an example.

In 2.6 I played an ele bow build. Stuck to windripper since I didn't find a bow that was comfortable enough to replace it with. However I ended up with great jewelry, etc and even got a legacy windripper in my first legacy stone. Initial plan was to go for a legacy RotC and play Ice Shot, but plans change.

In total, the build was able to do everything up to guardians with ease. It wasn't always able to, but it actually scaled properly and if I bothered more to get a pair of skyforths and a good amulet, maybe eventually do shaper. Not in Day 1, but in good pacing after 1.5-2 months into the league.

Now the build has lost a ton of crit mult, a frenzy charge and has to invest much more passive points into life, because life is still terrible in terms of investment value, yet mandatory.

So, in total, the build is dead. It now needs a statistically impossible rare bow to even compete.

And apparently that's a good thing, because it was a necessary sacrifice, alongside many more T3-2 builds, who people still enjoyed playing just because they liked them. They knew they shot themselves in the foot, but were willing to take the bullet just to have fun, after all the builds were eventually able to scale properly most of the time.

I do not consider that an end that justified the means. This balance update is terrible. The amount of collateral damage is huge.

Do you even understand the concept of the Legacy league had? It was intended to be an absurd loot fest to celebrate the end of a major chapter of the game. I guess GGG did not account for people like you who expect every single league from now on to be a loot fest. Typical self entitled generation.

So what if you build got destroyed. Make another one - there are plenty of options. it's called balancing. Things change.

It is absurdly ridiculous how you counterargument yourself in your reply:

You got a legacy Windripper - it's legacy for a reason buddy. Be thankful you got the opportunity to get one last league instead of crying about this league. It's not the same league and it has different mechanics.

You clearly state your build was able to do guardians with little investment (you played ES right?) with good damage. You immediately complain that now you have to invest to much in life: well BU HU HU. What about all the people who loved to play life and HAVE ALWAYS had to invest tremendous amounts of points to make viable builds?

ES was broken for ages and life was always the regarded child. They simply normalized the numbers now and they are on par. The only reason people don't play it anymore is because the almighty deserved nerf hammer hit their OP stand in sharper slam and not care builds.

You need a statistically impossible bow to compete? It just shows how little you care about what is possible and how much you care to cry without reason.

One link:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Doomfletch%27s_Prism

Have a brain and use it. Cheap and easy to obtain. I sold 4 in the current league.

The balance changes were totally on point from all aspects including boss HP. Bringing in normal numbers for both survivability and damage the clearly overpowered steamrolling train that any ES build was is not collateral damage. It is the clear intention and this was stated. DEAL WITH IT.

Also why are you automatically suggesting that a new meta needs to be buffs? No one ever said that and it's not a given fact. It can be only nerfs. It's still a new meta.

Finally ES and life build can compete on equal grounds without one being way more superior to the other.

I love life builds and never touched ES BECAUSE it was so stupidly unbalanced. And life was always punished and sub par to any ES build. Check my posts. See if I ever complained and asked for buffs or nerfs for either. I just play the cards i'm dealt and make choices as an adult.

You actually say that Legacy Windripper is too strong? That a T2-3 build deserved to be destroyed? Why?

You are clueless. You will justify anything, no matter what.

Doomfletch Prism smokes legacy Windripper out of the water and is what I have transitioned my build into. Legacy version of Windripper isn't even a top tier weapon anymore, just another unique left to rot by GGG's nerf squad, never to be revisited and rethought.

Up next you will say that it's ok for all bow skills to be shit while barrage exists the way it is.

You have no ground to stand upon other than saying "This thing had to happen", "This thing was necessary", "This thing deserved to be like that".

Grow some arguments first. No, nothing HAS to happen. Unless you can provide a solid argument why the game needed to slow down so much, spare me the apologetics.

Oh and by the way, I have always asked for Life buffs. So i don't hold kindly on the argument about how ES made people who liked Life feel bad. Now everyone feels bad, because life WAS NOT IMPROVED. They even removed the 40 Oak life bonus, so until you transition to full T1 life+life hybrid rolls, life was actually made worse.

And the reason no one plays ES anymore is no where near what you mentioned and no, it can't compete with life, but hey, you know better anyway. I guess being excluse to aurabots, LL RF and ED occultist/tricker builds counts as "competing" nowadays.

Never understood how people in this community are so obsessed with taking away more and more from the game. As if their enjoyment is based on the frustration of others.
Last edited by Apos91 on Aug 14, 2017, 11:44:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info