"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
Apos91 wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
stale was 2.6 and the dot meta.

stop being so negative.

Absolutely nothing has gotten stronger in the meta. There were no buffs. The only skills that actually got introduced in the meta is Glacial Cascade and Dark Pact.

Every other skill that is strong in the current meta was indeed just as strong (and actually stronger when it comes to crit builds) in 2.6.

This meta made everything worse. Removing the "wtf, why is this possible" builds didn't make anything else better, just like the ES nerfs don't make life better in itself, they just make it the less bad option.

perhaps you are missing the point of nerfs then.

they arent designed to make something else better . they are designed to make something over performing less powerful.

so "nothing has gotten stronger" ... ok? that a bad thing? the main reason why everyone was sick of 2.0 meta was that at the end of the day the best options were so much better than everything else that there was now reason to do anything else.

nerfing es was not about making life good. nerfing es was about eliminating the obvious choice. and i say that even while holding the opinion that they over nerfed es.

frankly it sounds like you were spoiled by just how shit the balance of 2.6 was. it was a joke . people were laughing at how bad the balance of 2.6 was .

Whoa. Someone that actually understands the purpose of nerfs for the health of a game? NO WAY. GET OUTTA HERE. Fuck off Chipmunk you're making too much sense. This thread is about making entitled, short sighted complaints, 2 weeks into a massive meta shift. We don't have 6 months to wait for the meta be solved! WE WANT EVERYTHING, AND WE WANT IT NOW!
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:

Whoa. Someone that actually understands the purpose of nerfs for the health of a game? NO WAY. GET OUTTA HERE. Fuck off Chipmunk you're making too much sense. This thread is about making entitled, short sighted complaints, 2 weeks into a massive meta shift. We don't have 6 months to wait for the meta be solved! WE WANT EVERYTHING, AND WE WANT IT NOW!

Whoa. Someone who thinks there was a huge shift in the meta, whereas its literally the same things that were T2 in 2.6 just moving to T1 with only 2 notable additions, Dark Pact and Glacial Cascade making it into the meta.

WHAT A HUGE SHIFT, HOW CAN PEOPLE POSSIBLY MANAGE TO DEAL WITH IT WITHIN 2 WEEKS.
"
Apos91 wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:

Whoa. Someone who thinks there was a huge shift in the meta, whereas its literally the same things that were T2 in 2.6 just moving to T1 with only 2 notable additions, Dark Pact and Glacial Cascade making it into the meta.

WHAT A HUGE SHIFT, HOW CAN PEOPLE POSSIBLY MANAGE TO DEAL WITH IT WITHIN 2 WEEKS.

Annnnnd like I said, with the changes to everything from ES to Ailments, I would BET... just a guess... that given some more time, there will be a much more fleshed out meta, more in line with what we have been used to ever since the 2.0->2.6 Meta was defined... But again, short sighted-butthurtedness.
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:

Annnnnd like I said, with the changes to everything from ES to Ailments, I would BET... just a guess... that given some more time, there will be a much more fleshed out meta, more in line with what we have been used to ever since the 2.0->2.6 Meta was defined... But again, short sighted-butthurtedness.

Not everyone was CI or poison in 2.6.

These builds were already fleshed out and playable in 2.6, we had the technology.

Do people legitimately believe that everyone was poison in 2.6? CI, sure, a large majority since it was more convenient, but here's the catch, most poison builds were boss killers, not something people used 24/7.

And tra

All of what is meta right now was already theorycrafted in 2.6, with the exception of Dark Pact and Glacial Cascade. That's it. There's nothing to flesh out.

There's not even any interesting new mechanics since most of the uniques are for poison, which was dumpstered. The only thing I expect right now is cospri's discharge to possible make a small return with the new Council boots, but that's it and even that might be unlikely due to the AoE nerfs keeping people away from it.

Other than that, maybe some variations of already existing builds with Harbingers uniques, but nothing too breaktaking so far. The sword was the only REALLY interesting piece and they decided to give it a 1 second internal cooldown. A whole second.

Just hoping that something new will pop up is not enough without some actual meat being added to the game. There's hasn't been any with this patch.

How many times do you expect the game to provide more opportunities with everyone being on a crusade to make everything pure crap?

Well, they made a Glacial Cascade build have 1 million DPS. I bet GGG will remove AoE overlapping like they removed shotgunning. No use of mechanics allowed, you are only supposed to do 50K dps and kill shaper with it.

Except if you're Ancenstral Warchief. For some reason they never nerf that thing.
Last edited by Apos91 on Aug 15, 2017, 2:56:53 PM
IMO Legacy was one of the most boring leagues ever. The entire league I didn't even get a single Key so what loot pinata do you speak of? Even if I did get a key it would not even be worth using as only a couple items were worth getting, while it was stuffed with useless items, some which were worse then their non legacy counterparts.

Breach was fun, its mechanic aloone meant more loot, good or bad. Sure maybe some people got spoiled there. Harbinger league is boring. It might be a little different if harbingers added more enemies to the map but they dont, they simply assume control over existing enemies in the map. They however never assume control of anything of value, and don't provide any bonus' to killing those enemies. If harbingers added a buff that increased item quantity to the enemies it controls, maybe they be worth farming.

I'd much rather see harbingers assume control of named enemies and bosses than normal trash that you can instantly kill as soon as they are spawned.

It is not about the league mechanics dropping tons of loot, although that does enhance the fun. It is about the league mechanics being good, and harbingers are a boring mechanic. They are just moving strongboxes essentially.

You would think GGG would have learned by now that players enjoy league mechanics where they can choose to participate, like opening a box, opening a crystal encased essence holding monster, stepping on a breech, and so on. While you can simply run away from harbingers, you also have no real incentive to farm them in the first place.

Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
"
Jgizle wrote:
IMO Legacy was one of the most boring leagues ever. The entire league I didn't even get a single Key so what loot pinata do you speak of? Even if I did get a key it would not even be worth using as only a couple items were worth getting, while it was stuffed with useless items, some which were worse then their non legacy counterparts.

Are you being purposely obtuse? No one is talking about the reliquary keys. They were a footnote compared to Legacy Stones.

Nemesis+beyond+warband stones for example = increased rare mobs, tons of rares/uniques from exiles and warband members. Corruption tempests, invasion bosses, Cadiro, must I go on?

It's a desert out there in Harbinger, with the odd exile dropping by to say hi.
"
Jgizle wrote:
... It might be a little different if harbingers added more enemies to the map but they dont, they simply assume control over existing enemies in the map. ...

This is clearly false to anyone who has played anything except a "clear the screen no matter what's on it" build.
What I would like to know is why the OP feels so entitled to have every league conform to their idea of fun and balance?

There is nothing wrong with going 'This league is not for me, if you did X then I'd play it, but see you in 3 months.' If you are upset about the ES changes then the door is over there. They are not coming back anytime soon. Maybe, maybe, next balance pass they come up a bit, but until then another game forum might appreciate your entitled whining a bit more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info