"You are just spoiled from Legacy and Breach being loot pinatas"

The amount of people in this topic that think it's fine you have no chance of finding anything decent unless you play for 1k hour in a league is hilarious.

Don't matter, I guess you like dead leagues before the second week is over.
How delusional do you have to be to actually believe that the league is already dead?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
How delusional do you have to be to actually believe that the league is already dead?

How delusional do you have to be to actually believe people will play standard 2.0 for longer then 2 weeks.
"
Apos91 wrote:

You actually say that Legacy Windripper is too strong? That a T2-3 build deserved to be destroyed? Why?

You are clueless. You will justify anything, no matter what.

Doomfletch Prism smokes legacy Windripper out of the water and is what I have transitioned my build into. Legacy version of Windripper isn't even a top tier weapon anymore, just another unique left to rot by GGG's nerf squad, never to be revisited and rethought.

Up next you will say that it's ok for all bow skills to be shit while barrage exists the way it is.

You have no ground to stand upon other than saying "This thing had to happen", "This thing was necessary", "This thing deserved to be like that".

Grow some arguments first. No, nothing HAS to happen. Unless you can provide a solid argument why the game needed to slow down so much, spare me the apologetics.

Oh and by the way, I have always asked for Life buffs. So i don't hold kindly on the argument about how ES made people who liked Life feel bad. Now everyone feels bad, because life WAS NOT IMPROVED. They even removed the 40 Oak life bonus, so until you transition to full T1 life+life hybrid rolls, life was actually made worse.

And the reason no one plays ES anymore is no where near what you mentioned and no, it can't compete with life, but hey, you know better anyway. I guess being excluse to aurabots, LL RF and ED occultist/tricker builds counts as "competing" nowadays.

Never understood how people in this community are so obsessed with taking away more and more from the game. As if their enjoyment is based on the frustration of others.

Where does it state that a build that is strong NEEDS to be strong forever? That would be boring. Never any change. Game for insane people. To quote my boy Vaas:

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy."

So your build and others were trashed? So what? What's the problem? Is the game unplayable and impossible to beat? No. People farm Shaper and Uber Atziri in the fresh league already. The meta just changed and you need to adapt or call it a day and quit because your cheese build was nerfed.

You blatantly ignore all my arguments and say I have no ground to say the changes were necessary. Read this here buddy and don't ignore it this time. I'll make it easy for you to follow little man:

ARGUMENTS STARTING

20k+ ES Shaper slams tankers existed for so long. How is that okay in your eyes? How is that okay in relation to the fact that life builds have never reached that sort of numbers?

Bow skills are shit? You what m8? Lightning Arrow, Tornado shot, Shrapnel shot, Blast rain are all viable powerful bow gems. if you think they are shit it means you are to shit to play with them. You seem to me like a typical Hunter character I used to meet in wow: Huntards we called them.

And what is the problem with barrage? It's still usable with bows right? The only thing they need to remove is the stupidly overpowered +2 arrows from helm lab enchant that beaks the skill and makes it vastly superior.

ARGUMENT ENDING

I gave you arguments but your comprehension levels and logical argumentation skills are pathetic so you ignored them. Or you did it on purpose because you have no counterarguments.

The solid argument on why things need to change all the time is simple: diversity and fresh meta(irrelevant if it speeds up or slows down) because stagnation is dull and makes people quit. Only the boring people who are like robots and do the same thing over and over will stay and they are a minority.

What you hold kindly to is irrelevant as it is your power to change anything in the game. Life was improved by giving us hybrid rolls with life. Check your facts. plus life did not even need improvement: i cleared end game content every league playing life. This is what you fail to understand: ES was overpowered and needed a fine tuning. Stating that everyone feels bad is utter horse manure considering most people (as you clearly stated several times) are happy and defend the changes.

You are the vocal minority that rises with every major meta change in one way or another and that will dies down eventually when told off enough.

There are no apologizes to spare buddy. I am happy with the state of the game and I am enjoying it tremendously. You however seems to have a problem and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it than to take it like a man or cry like a little baby. You chose the latter I see.

Peace out and go put some points into % HP
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
"
Miská wrote:
The amount of people in this topic that think it's fine you have no chance of finding anything decent unless you play for 1k hour in a league is hilarious.

Don't matter, I guess you like dead leagues before the second week is over.

Check my harbinger character. I work full 40 hours a week and have a GF that, while I admit she was super nice and gave me time to geek out, did not lack attention from my side.

If you don't progress is because you are bad.

If you say you play SSF and you don;t progress that is your choice of handicap. Drop it and trade.

It's funny how your post actually really fits and counterarguments OP in the sense that you kids really got used to free stuff during legacy to much. POE was also a severe grind before that. You are either new around here or you need to have your memory refreshed.

The game is in such a much better state than it was years ago. I remember when I was paying 40 ex for Lioney's Glare (NOT 6L) back in the day. And now the bow is a joke. Should I start crying about that?

Grow the hell up.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
(1) There is no possible denial that the lack of Warband/Invasion/Nemesis/etc Leagustones means the average loot acquisition in this league compared to last has dropped dramatically. Anyone who played Beta noticed, and there were specific threads discussing it!

(2) There is also little concrete counter-argument against what is the purposeful nerfing and slowing of the meta game with the release of 3.0.

(3) Combine those and arguably the worst League mechanic since release, and the contrast from Legacy to Harbinger is glaring. Yeah, I've heard the "it's bland to showcase the new acts" crap, and that is weak.

(4) Updates are coming, whether they address the above significantly enough to revive some interest is the big question.

Side-note: feeling "poor" in an ARPG is the shittiest side-effect of GGG's continual emphasis on trade in this game, and I continue to despise it. Let crappy RNG make you feel poor, but if you feel poor because your trading/flipping/marketing game is weak, that isn't very ARPG-ish, is it?
Last edited by Slaanesh69 on Aug 14, 2017, 12:47:00 PM
I would understand this topic if it were made a week ago, but today? They already announced that this week they're buffing harbingers, making them more challenging and more loot-pinata-y and increasing harbinger orb beachhead rates and harbinger orb drop rates.

So wait until you see how big the 3.0.1 buff to harbingers is before you decide that harbinger is dead.
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
Side-note: feeling "poor" in an ARPG is the shittiest side-effect of GGG's continual emphasis on trade in this game, and I continue to despise it. Let crappy RNG make you feel poor, but if you feel poor because your trading/flipping/marketing game is weak, that isn't very ARPG-ish, is it?

I have said this for years:

GGG needs to make up their mind if they want to make this game Eve online or an ARPG

If it is the former, give the people their goddamn tools to trade and make beeing a trader more accessible, the situation that you can only be a good trader by using tools and mechanics that the game itself does not provide (api sniper), is incredibly toxic.

If it is the latter, for the love of pete, implement ways to get your bare minimum gear to play without trading easily accessible. Un-fuck masters, please. Hybrid mods on crafting benches at the very least. Who gives a fuck if that damages trading, its an ARPG.

This middle ground, beeing half-assed at everything and not really good at anything is bad. I had hoped the console port is going to adress this with 3.0 hitting, but aparently GGG expects you to use an iphone with poe.trade and poe.wiki up while playing. Thats going to work out totally fine. Yeah.
I love the title of this topic :). I miss legacy, I miss perandus, I miss beyond... Why did they not add Legacy to Standard league :(
P.S. For Emphasis.

Legacy was the tits. For reals.

Even after months I was happily logging in every day and really enjoying the game.

Harbinger? I am struggling, I really am.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info