"You are just spoiled from Legacy and Breach being loot pinatas"

Then, you sir, are obviously not old enough a player to have been around for Anarchy, Ambush+Invasion, Beyond and generally every other league that has had enough meat to keep players playing, because they felt that they can in fact progress at a generally comfortable pace. Hell, that list even includes Essence.

You can enjoy your snail pacing of progress in standard if that's what you want. Farm chaos recipes all day long so that you get those mirror services and think that's how progress is done.

Meanwhile, I expect to be able to actually earn more than 2 alteration orbs after a map's loots is done, have a functioning economy due to people having fun and not quitting the league in 2 weeks and actually have the feeling that I'm playing an ARPG where I'm not a hopeless hobo.

No, it's not that I, or anyone else in that regard, is spoiled from Breach or Legacy. It's that YOU are spoiled enough to think that your standard pacing should be the default. And if you are going to bring your standard in my leagues, then we're going to fight.

No, I didn't get spoiled the last 2 leagues. This is what GOOD leagues have always been about. You were just too snob to realise it until GGG got it even more right than usual and it finally picked your interest as well.
Last bumped on Aug 15, 2017, 9:00:25 PM
"
Apos91 wrote:
Then, you sir, are obviously not old enough a player to have been around for Anarchy, Ambush+Invasion, Beyond and generally every other league that has had enough meat to keep players playing, because they felt that they can in fact progress at a generally comfortable pace. Hell, that list even includes Essence.

You can enjoy your snail pacing of progress in standard if that's what you want. Farm chaos recipes all day long so that you get those mirror services and think that's how progress is done.

Meanwhile, I expect to be able to actually earn more than 2 alteration orbs after a map's loots is done, have a functioning economy due to people having fun and not quitting the league in 2 weeks and actually have the feeling that I'm playing an ARPG where I'm not a hopeless hobo.

No, it's not that I, or anyone else in that regard, is spoiled from Breach or Legacy. It's that YOU are spoiled enough to think that your standard pacing should be the default. And if you are going to bring your standard in my leagues, then we're going to fight.

No, I didn't get spoiled the last 2 leagues. This is what GOOD leagues have always been about. You were just too snob to realise it until GGG got it even more right than usual and it finally picked your interest as well.

Who are you even talking to buddy? This post makes you look like a crazy person. Random ranting.

Also it's actually typical that the league that come with a HUGE content update will be a bit poorer in mechanics compared to all the other leagues you mentioned.

if you earn only 2 alts per map than you fail at rolling maps.

The economy and orb prices are better and more stable than they have been for the last 5-6 leagues. By this time exalted would have skyrocketed but they are steady because ES got the nerf it deserved.

I had absolutely 0 trouble accumulating wealth and getting all the items I want and having a decent enough for me bank.

Anyone denying that Legacy was not a LOOT fiesta is clueless. Compared to any other league.

All in all you are just trying to justify getting things handed out to you and crying when it;s hot happening anymore. Play the game better and you can get stuff.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"
Apos91 wrote:

Who are you even talking to buddy? This post makes you look like a crazy person. Random ranting.

Also it's actually typical that the league that come with a HUGE content update will be a bit poorer in mechanics compared to all the other leagues you mentioned.

if you earn only 2 alts per map than you fail at rolling maps.

The economy and orb prices are better and more stable than they have been for the last 5-6 leagues. By this time exalted would have skyrocketed but they are steady because ES got the nerf it deserved.

I had absolutely 0 trouble accumulating wealth and getting all the items I want and having a decent enough for me bank.

Anyone denying that Legacy was not a LOOT fiesta is clueless. Compared to any other league.

All in all you are just trying to justify getting things handed out to you and crying when it;s hot happening anymore. Play the game better and you can get stuff.

I'm typing to every typical "you should enjoy the game no matter how bad GGG decides the league to be" player like you who keep repeating the quoted argument as if it holds any merit.

Well, it doesn't. We have had plenty of loot fiesta leagues in the past. And guess what, they are the leagues that were actually enjoyed by the community.

Sorry, I don't plan on playing Warbands again.

Also, hyperboles, learn about them. That's the point of the 2 Alt example.

Accumulating wealth and having fun doing it are whole different goals. I prefer doing both at the same time.

So what if Legacy was a loot fiesta? What is the damaging quality of such a feature? Apart from being the league with the biggest player retention rate. OH THE HORROR, maybe you can't handle having to play with more than 100 players left in a league.

Did they steal your lunch or anything?
Last edited by Apos91 on Aug 14, 2017, 8:24:09 AM
Legacy was PoE's prime. It can only go downhill at this point, especially with all these nerfs that make the game stale
Last edited by eXecut1on on Aug 15, 2017, 4:32:35 PM
stale was 2.6 and the dot meta.

stop being so negative.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

stop being so negative.

Absolutely nothing has gotten stronger in the meta. There were no buffs. The only skills that actually got introduced in the meta is Glacial Cascade and Dark Pact.

Every other skill that is strong in the current meta was indeed just as strong (and actually stronger when it comes to crit builds) in 2.6.

This meta made everything worse. Removing the "wtf, why is this possible" builds didn't make anything else better, just like the ES nerfs don't make life better in itself, they just make it the less bad option.
None of that denies that you're spoiled... just that you remember stuff too.

Oh... when you see a spoiled kid, or god forbid have to teach one... don't blame the kid. Totally on the parents. All kids are born spoiled. It's natural to be that way.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Aug 14, 2017, 8:48:38 AM
"
Apos91 wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

stop being so negative.

This meta made everything worse. Removing the "wtf, why is this possible" builds didn't make anything else better, just like the ES nerfs don't make life better in itself, they just make it the less bad option.

Good. Those things were too strong ("good" in your words) by far. There are a few things that could use buffs still, but overall it was a great balance update (maybe too heavy handed against es but whatever).

Also, in terms of the original post: Maybe some context would be good if you're going to start ranting like that. Otherwise you end up just looking like a crazy person and are super hard to take seriously.
"
"
Apos91 wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

stop being so negative.

Good. Those things were too strong ("good" in your words) by far. There are a few things that could use buffs still, but overall it was a great balance update (maybe too heavy handed against es but whatever).

Also, in terms of the original post: Maybe some context would be good if you're going to start ranting like that. Otherwise you end up just looking like a crazy person and are super hard to take seriously.

Context: Every thread in forums and reddit where people defend the league.

Other than that. No it wasn't. Let me give you an example.

In 2.6 I played an ele bow build. Stuck to windripper since I didn't find a bow that was comfortable enough to replace it with. However I ended up with great jewelry, etc and even got a legacy windripper in my first legacy stone. Initial plan was to go for a legacy RotC and play Ice Shot, but plans change.

In total, the build was able to do everything up to guardians with ease. It wasn't always able to, but it actually scaled properly and if I bothered more to get a pair of skyforths and a good amulet, maybe eventually do shaper. Not in Day 1, but in good pacing after 1.5-2 months into the league.

Now the build has lost a ton of crit mult, a frenzy charge and has to invest much more passive points into life, because life is still terrible in terms of investment value, yet mandatory.

So, in total, the build is dead. It now needs a statistically impossible rare bow to even compete.

And apparently that's a good thing, because it was a necessary sacrifice, alongside many more T3-2 builds, who people still enjoyed playing just because they liked them. They knew they shot themselves in the foot, but were willing to take the bullet just to have fun, after all the builds were eventually able to scale properly most of the time.

I do not consider that an end that justified the means. This balance update is terrible. The amount of collateral damage is huge.

Oh...and of course Ancestral Warchief still remains unchecked.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
None of that denies that you're spoiled... just that you remember stuff too.

Oh... when you see a spoiled kid, or god forbid have to teach one... don't blame the kid. Totally on the parents. All kids are born spoiled. It's natural to be that way.

"You were having fun wrong all these years. Let me show you how it's done. Warbands was the best league and you should have it hammered on your thick skull by force."
Last edited by Apos91 on Aug 14, 2017, 9:01:34 AM
lol I remember reading that quote in the title in someone's comment.

I agree that legacy league was the prime of PoE (at least for me), but this current league looks really really bad... bad mechanics (shards LUL), bad uniques (poison poison poison poison posion zzzz...), terrible looking mtx... just awful overall.
Last edited by golan4840 on Aug 14, 2017, 9:00:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info