[3.0] VP DP OP - Dark Pact Berserker - New Minotaur Facetank Video

"
Adambry705 wrote:
Im going to be honest I really would love to hear a lot of WHY you have these is all. Im new to it and some of these options make tonnes of sense to me but as a newer player I dont understand why you have some stuff and other gems etc

Sorry im not trying to be rude I just like to know

Of course. What are you confused about?
cleared more t15s deathless
Really cool build. But I got 3 Questions as I´m pretty new.

1.) This is my first league where I got into lategame mapping without losing the fun. Is this build able to kill Shaper?

2.) I think you have seen the build with Doon Cuebiyari where you just stack STR. I ran your to farm some currency in early maps, now I checked in PoB and WOW the transition to this full-Strenght build does more dmg while having a LITTLE less life (like 17k more dps just with Doon and Astramentis). Would you mention this in your guide to get to a endgame step? Why wouldn´t you transition to this?

3.) Is it worth to have a Brightbeak so you can shieldcharge faster, and then switch back to Divinarius/Doon Cuebiyari at the boss? That would just be a minimal investment into a 2nd shield and the skillgems for much faster movement.

Edit: Oh and why dont you use CWDT with Immortal Call like EVERY other build does? Cant we use it together with Bladevortex?
Last edited by Ionlyplaynude on Aug 22, 2017, 3:51:26 AM
"
Ionlyplaynude wrote:
Really cool build. But I got 3 Questions as I´m pretty new.

1.) This is my first league where I got into lategame mapping without losing the fun. Is this build able to kill Shaper?

2.) I think you have seen the build with Doon Cuebiyari where you just stack STR. I ran your to farm some currency in early maps, now I checked in PoB and WOW the transition to this full-Strenght build does more dmg while having a LITTLE less life (like 17k more dps just with Doon and Astramentis). Would you mention this in your guide to get to a endgame step? Why wouldn´t you transition to this?

3.) Is it worth to have a Brightbeak so you can shieldcharge faster, and then switch back to Divinarius/Doon Cuebiyari at the boss? That would just be a minimal investment into a 2nd shield and the skillgems for much faster movement.

Edit: Oh and why dont you use CWDT with Immortal Call like EVERY other build does? Cant we use it together with Bladevortex?

1. Almost certainly, but I haven't done it yet. I just had my first guardian map drop, and I'll be doing it soonish. School just started for me, though, so there's that.

2. I saw that build. I don't like it. It seems inelegant to me, and frankly not very strong, especially considering how gimmicky it is. If you like that build better, by all means use it. But I suspect if you saw improvements after switching to Doon, you were doing something wrong before the switch.

In any case, DP doesn't need weird tricks like that to improve its damage. I one-shot packs in t15 maps without casting totem or light golem, and bosses go down like their health was nerfed this patch. This is while I'm still using Div, which is not a very good spell dagger, as spell daggers go. I'm also using the HC version of my build, which drops AM and haste for Enfeeble and AA, and uses Remorse instead of a spell shield.

3. I tried this, and it was too clunky for my tastes. By all means do it if you like, but I don't want to recommend it to people as necessary.

I don't use IC for four reasons. First, Brine King pantheon power makes it a lot less necessary, as it handles all the stuns IC did and more. Second, we are running Berserker, and leeching back all our health after a big (stunning) hit is better than being immune to subsequent phys-only damage. Third, we are running Berserker, and therefore not WM, and therefore we aren't generating endurance charges. A .6 second IC is a waste of our very valuable socket real estate. Last, IC doesn't generate power charges in boss fights. PCoC on BV does.

I don't think you're new. The way you phrased your questions was also pretty rude.
Last edited by Enblighten on Aug 22, 2017, 4:53:08 AM
Have you considered using the new unique helmet that gives lvl 18 innervate + lvl 18 icebite instead of a 5L carcass jack? That way you'd be able to use a kaom's heart for additional life
"
KasLeberKas wrote:
Have you considered using the new unique helmet that gives lvl 18 innervate + lvl 18 icebite instead of a 5L carcass jack? That way you'd be able to use a kaom's heart for additional life

I haven't, but DP doesn't really want Innverate or Ice Bite. This build isn't an elemental build, and with no way to pierce resists, that damage does not go very far. That's to say nothing of the fact that those support gems don't help us as much as the ones we're using even if we ignored resists and they were level 20.
Any advice for a new player? wich items should we get until lvl50 or something to lvlup faster
"
drewPOE wrote:
Any advice for a new player? wich items should we get until lvl50 or something to lvlup faster

Level with sunder and whatever highest DPS applicable weapon you can find/afford. Buy a goldrim and 4-link it asap. Get move speed on your boots. Use Warlord's Mark on your Blasphemy until around level 70. Use at least one quicksilver flask, maybe two, until you can reliably shield charge faster than you can run.

It's tough for me to give good advice to brand new players because I've been playing for 5 years and I don't remember what isn't obvious when you're new. The other day someone PMed me asking why their damage is so low after switching to DP, and it took me a while looking at their character before I realized they hadn't leveled up a DP gem while leveling, and it was level 1 while they were 56.

That kind of stuff is second nature for old players; unless it's brought to my attention I don't really think about it.
Last edited by Enblighten on Aug 22, 2017, 5:50:28 AM
"

I don't use IC for four reasons. First, Brine King pantheon power makes it a lot less necessary, as it handles all the stuns IC did and more. Second, we are running Berserker, and leeching back all our health after a big (stunning) hit is better than being immune to subsequent phys-only damage. Third, we are running Berserker, and therefore not WM, and therefore we aren't generating endurance charges. A .6 second IC is a waste of our very valuable socket real estate. Last, IC doesn't generate power charges in boss fights. PCoC on BV does.

I don't think you're new. The way you phrased your questions was also pretty rude.

Sorry if this sounded rude, I don´t know why it does for you. I started in the middle of legacy. So i consider myself pretty new.

I always thought IC is for Porcupines and the insane damgage they do with salves. Not stuns. Is this wrong?
Last edited by Ionlyplaynude on Aug 22, 2017, 6:25:07 AM
"
Ionlyplaynude wrote:
"

Sorry if this sounded rude, I don´t know why it does for you. I started in the middle of legacy. So i consider myself pretty new.

I always thought IC is for Porcupines and the insane damgage they do with salves. Not stuns. Is this wrong?

I'm pretty sure you can't kill porcupine packs all at once even with IC.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info