[3.0] VP DP OP - Dark Pact Berserker - New Minotaur Facetank Video

"
dankNstein wrote:
Lmao, looks like you dropped the terrible build I called you out on and made it into a new one.

I'm glad I could help a bunch of you in this thread that messaged me in game though, don't be mislead by people putting fake shit into PoB and by a clickbait title. Had tons of people messaging me and pming me on this forum asking for help and how upset they were at how much currency they invested in this guys initial build that ended up being terrible.

You should feel bad for what you did before for a chance to make a popular build, I can't believe you are still trying to get people to use belt of the deceiver end game and lioneyes remorse + divinarius over rares but at least you are taking a step in the right direction.

Didn't drop it because of you, you're still wrong about a lot of things, you're still incredibly rude, and you're still not welcome in my thread.

Some of your suggestions turned out to be reasonable, but they weren't things I was unaware of, I was just trying to do something different. When that different thing didn't work, the things you said that weren't wrong were obvious.

You were complaining about how expensive the gear in my PoB link was (when it was intended as a guide and never as a suggestion on what gear people should actually have), and now you're complaining that I'm telling people cheap alternatives to expensive rare gear?

Also you should frankly be embarrassed that you've been playing since 2012 and you can't tell how good deceiver is.
Last edited by Enblighten on Aug 20, 2017, 8:30:54 PM
Looking forward to that guide, need some help with what passives to go for at what level, skills to use, links etc. Playing on hardcore.
"
Dreamion wrote:
Looking forward to that guide, need some help with what passives to go for at what level, skills to use, links etc. Playing on hardcore.

Path to VP, only stopping for health clusters you don't have to path to to start taking. Don't take VP until you have Cloaked in Savagery. Start leveling a Dark Pact gem as soon as you can (when you complete A Fixture of Fate) but don't use it until you have VP and Cloaked in Savagery. When you have CiS, take VP and switch to using DP.

After that, get any remaining easy health nodes. The two Area Damage clusters come next. Then go for Fangs of the Viper and the Blood Drinker cluster (finish it, don't stop at the notable), followed by the Cruel Preparation cluster. Then go for Method to the Madness, then Atrophy. After that, you can go for Doom Cast, the Instability Cluster and Jewel slots in whatever order you like. After that, the Scion life wheel. Revenge of the Hunted should be second to last, and the very last cluster you get should be Throatseeker.

Let me know if I missed anything on the tree. I think I got it all.

I'm going to paste this into the OP.
Last edited by Enblighten on Aug 20, 2017, 9:14:35 PM
"
Re: Controlled Destruction

This gem is kind of a reverse trap. Even if you're going crit, the more damage modifier is so huge that losing 5% effective crit (which is what 100% reduced means on a 5% crit base spell) is worth it, unless you need the crits for a specific mechanic more than you need DPS. This was true when we were setting up to get acuity, but it is no longer true.

100% reduced crit looks scary, but it's not that bad.

That said, added chaos is also very good on this spell. I'm not sure what "obnoxious guy"'s links were, but if he didn't run added chaos he was wrong.

This is generally correct.
My comment was specifically aimed at dankNstein's setup, which currently looks like this:

Dark Pact > Spell Echo > Inc Crit Damage > Controlled Destruction > Void Manipulation > Conc Effect

He doesn't have Added Chaos in there, which is probably THE best support gem for Dark Pact, as it almost doubles Dark Pact's chaos damage and has no downside.

lolbifrons, what are your thoughts on my previous post suggesting either The Covenant Armor or Vagan's lv1 Blood magic Support weapon craft to make MoM + Acuity work without mana issues? Wouldn't that save your old build?
"
loltaze wrote:
"
Re: Controlled Destruction

This gem is kind of a reverse trap. Even if you're going crit, the more damage modifier is so huge that losing 5% effective crit (which is what 100% reduced means on a 5% crit base spell) is worth it, unless you need the crits for a specific mechanic more than you need DPS. This was true when we were setting up to get acuity, but it is no longer true.

100% reduced crit looks scary, but it's not that bad.

That said, added chaos is also very good on this spell. I'm not sure what "obnoxious guy"'s links were, but if he didn't run added chaos he was wrong.

This is generally correct.
My comment was specifically aimed at dankNstein's setup, which currently looks like this:

Dark Pact > Spell Echo > Inc Crit Damage > Controlled Destruction > Void Manipulation > Conc Effect

He doesn't have Added Chaos in there, which is probably THE best support gem for Dark Pact, as it almost doubles Dark Pact's chaos damage and has no downside.

lolbifrons, what are your thoughts on my previous post suggesting either The Covenant Armor or Vagan's lv1 Blood magic Support weapon craft to make MoM + Acuity work without mana issues? Wouldn't that save your old build?

Ah yeah, no surprise here, he makes some really bad choices.

The Covenant would fix the issue, but lower our health, which was already too low. It does give a 7L like Pledge, though. But in any case, the new build is just better than the old one in almost every way, so I'm not too interested in trying to salvage the MoM thing. But yes, that would be an interesting avenue to fix it if that were something I was doing.

As far as vagan's mod, can you put that on pledge? I don't think you can, and using a 2h that isn't pledge is like the worst of both worlds.
Hi. i made a DP character. Now im 83 lvl 5.5k hp, but on tooltip i see only 30k dps. But i have carcass Jack, divinarius etc/ is somothing wrong or ishoudnt look at tooltip cuz its lies?
"
Gaduest2 wrote:
Hi. i made a DP character. Now im 83 lvl 5.5k hp, but on tooltip i see only 30k dps. But i have carcass Jack, divinarius etc/ is somothing wrong or ishoudnt look at tooltip cuz its lies?

Tooltip doesn't account for a lot of things. 30k is around where you should be with alright gear at that level. I have 54k tooltip dps in hideout with arcane surge and light golem up.
"

The Covenant would fix the issue, but lower our health, which was already too low. It does give a 7L like Pledge, though. But in any case, the new build is just better than the old one in almost every way, so I'm not too interested in trying to salvage the MoM thing. But yes, that would be an interesting avenue to fix it if that were something I was doing.

As far as vagan's mod, can you put that on pledge? I don't think you can, and using a 2h that isn't pledge is like the worst of both worlds.

I'm not too sure about The Covenant lowering your health, but I didn't check the numbers.
It would allow you could drop The Pledge for a dagger + shield setup, which would give you additional life.

Sadly you cannot craft on uniques, the Vagan mod requires an open prefix.
You can craft it on a +3 to Chaos staff though, or maybe a +2 with spell damage - not sure which would turn out better, you'd have to crunch the numbers yourself.
In that case, Dark Pact, Added Chaos and Void Manipulation would get the full +3/+2 benefit - especially on Dark Pact and Added Chaos that could be huge.
"
loltaze wrote:
"

I'm not too sure about The Covenant lowering your health, but I didn't check the numbers.
It would allow you could drop The Pledge for a dagger + shield setup, which would give you additional life.

Sadly you cannot craft on uniques, the Vagan mod requires an open prefix.
You can craft it on a +3 to Chaos staff though, or maybe a +2 with spell damage - not sure which would turn out better, you'd have to crunch the numbers yourself.
In that case, Dark Pact, Added Chaos and Void Manipulation would get the full +3/+2 benefit - especially on Dark Pact and Added Chaos that could be huge.

I mean a +3 staff is great and all, but the only reason we weren't using a shield is because of the mana pledge gives and to have a 6L with kaom's. If we're ditching pledge in the MoM build, might as well do covenant and dagger/shield. Though I believe I saw that build on the forums. I won't do that to avoid overlapping with the other build.
Im going to be honest I really would love to hear a lot of WHY you have these is all. Im new to it and some of these options make tonnes of sense to me but as a newer player I dont understand why you have some stuff and other gems etc

Sorry im not trying to be rude I just like to know

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info