[3.0] VP DP OP - Dark Pact Berserker - New Minotaur Facetank Video

Tried this build, with budget gear (missing kaom's heart and alcurity). Very squishy in the 70s, can't even hit 4k life even with plus life in all available gear possible.(trying to go for life node now instead of charges and maximum mana) Dps is also no where near advertised. Wouldn't recommend this build.
"
JaytheJazz wrote:
Tried this build, with budget gear (missing kaom's heart and alcurity). Very squishy in the 70s, can't even hit 4k life even with plus life in all available gear possible.(trying to go for life node now instead of charges and maximum mana) Dps is also no where near advertised. Wouldn't recommend this build.

I'm sorry you feel this way, but this hasn't been my experience or that of anyone else I've spoken to who has actually tried it. Could you make your characters tab public so I can see your gear and tree? I may be able to offer some suggestions.
"
JaytheJazz wrote:

Would you consider mine then? The tree should roughly be the same and is pretty cheap to gear bar kaom's.
Blight Pact

Really sorry lolbifrons for hijacking your thread!
[3.0] BLIGHT PACT | Guardians+Shaper Down on a 4l! Budget To Not So Budget | 9k life | Starter Build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1957148
Last edited by lumosnoxlumo on Aug 15, 2017, 3:28:37 AM
"
lumosnoxlumo wrote:
"
JaytheJazz wrote:

Would you consider mine then? The tree should roughly be the same and is pretty cheap to gear bar kaom's.
Blight Pact

I thought about doing it this way but I suspect your build will not be as strong. Dark Pact has such a low cast time that a flat .35 of a second is actually too slow. Plus you're dropping 3 support gems to be able to use CwC and the gloves.
Last edited by Enblighten on Aug 15, 2017, 3:40:03 AM
"
"
lumosnoxlumo wrote:
"
JaytheJazz wrote:

Blight Pact

I thought about doing it this way but I suspect your build will not be as strong. Dark Pact has such a low cast time that a flat .35 of a second is actually too slow. Plus you're dropping 3 support gems to be able to use CwC and the gloves.

I would admit without a doubt that the deeps pales in comparison! However, I feel that blight pact has very little reliance on gear, which makes the transition from first equiping the gloves at lvl 69 to defeating guardians and shaper at arnd lvl 90, very smooth and seamless. It also offers a different playstyle to yours; fast and glasscannonish for yours to slower but tankier for mine.

I really do like your build tho! Cheers!
[3.0] BLIGHT PACT | Guardians+Shaper Down on a 4l! Budget To Not So Budget | 9k life | Starter Build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1957148
"
JaytheJazz wrote:

So I looked at your character. You skipped Heart and Soul cluster on the tree, which is a good 18% inc life and 28% inc mana. It'll give you almost 300 life and 150 unreserved mana.

Your links are also pretty messed up. You don't have faster casting on your wither totem or flame dash, you aren't using arcane surge at all. These things are important against bosses.

You've also grabbed crit before your two other jewel sockets, which can give you an additional 14% increased life if you look for the right jewels, as well as additional damage.

Your lightning res isn't capped. In fact, it's 15%. I bet you everything that's making you feel squishy is dealing you lightning damage. Lightning damage is dealing you 3.4 TIMES the damage it should be.

While you have decent life on your helm, and roots gives a lot of life, you have none on your gloves, amulet or rings. These are all places where you are expected to have plenty of life. You also have no resist on your boots or gloves, which explains why you're not anywhere near cap on your light res. You're missing a ton of health and res you could easily have for very little investment.

Last, your life flasks should be Seething Divine Life Flasks and your mana flask should be Lav's Spirit (when you can afford it; it's 45c).

If you remedy these things, I think you'll find that the build is not lacking.
Last edited by Enblighten on Aug 15, 2017, 4:05:19 AM
"
lumosnoxlumo wrote:
I would admit without a doubt that the deeps pales in comparison! However, I feel that blight pact has very little reliance on gear, which makes the transition from first equiping the gloves at lvl 69 to defeating guardians and shaper at arnd lvl 90, very smooth and seamless. It also offers a different playstyle to yours; fast and glasscannonish for yours to slower but tankier for mine.

I really do like your build tho! Cheers!

Makes sense. Good luck. Maybe our friend above will like it better.
So far I really like the build, currently 51 - it certainly is not squishy, nor does it deal little damage.
It's fun and stronk. Thanks!
Patch 1.3 - never forget the big qq!
"
Patsn wrote:
So far I really like the build, currently 51 - it certainly is not squishy, nor does it deal little damage.
It's fun and stronk. Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words. Been getting a lot of criticism lately lol
Did anyone manage to kill shaper with the build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info