[3.0] VP DP OP - Dark Pact Berserker - New Minotaur Facetank Video

"
Tagnol wrote:
So tried playing around with PoB with the profile in the OP and found you can get an extra 300k dps out of the build for the small small price of 1500 life (and saving you 300 chaos) and ~5% crit. Do so by swapping to 2x Apep's and Covenant robe. I'll admit I am kind of new to PoB so I might not be thinking of something. Pastebin https://pastebin.com/bHMAcgKb

Should note fast casting is not needed as you already probably cast too fast with 2x apep's

300k DPS is 8.5% of our DPS. 1500 life is 17.6% of our life. This is a build that expects you to face tank bosses, and losing almost a fifth of our health is not acceptable, especially not for like a third of a support gem worth of damage.

Do what you like with your character, but I'm not recommending that setup for a reason.
Last edited by Enblighten on Aug 14, 2017, 7:33:37 AM
What kind of jewels looking for and investing in? What stats/combinatons?
"
imarunk wrote:
What kind of jewels looking for and investing in? What stats/combinatons?

Sample gear is in the PoB link. Other than Eldritch Knowledge, we're looking for life, crit chance for spells, damage with spells when wielding a staff, and any 12% damage modifier that applies to DP
interesting version of dark pact.

i personally think crit is not the way to go with a 5% crit chance gem and no charge/flask sustain against endgame bosses (you won't have charges with assassin's mark most of the time against endgame).

don't rely too mutch on PoB for life and DPS, it's lvl 100, gear is overly optimistic and flask/power charges are not maintained all the time against bosses. you should edit your title, you will be very VERY far from what you announced : you won't get 8.5K life, you'll be more likely under 7k, your dps will not be over 1M, and it's a multiple mirror gear price, not something i would call budget or starter friendly (and don't call things OP before testing them ;) )

you should drop acuity, it's dangerous when you don't have diamond flask charges, plus it's very expensive (22+ exalts) just to get some worthless crit and eco 3 passives. just drop some damage (3M chaos DPS is 10X overkill, i've stomped the shaper with a fraction of that) and take vaal pact.

you need at least one more health or hybrid potion to sustain longer fights.

here is my take on DP, it's different but you could use some pieces : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1956777
Last edited by Zboublemeteor on Aug 14, 2017, 4:17:06 PM
I have quite a few problems with your pastebin. It's very misleading. First off, youve set the level to 100. Not many people reach 94+ in temp leagues aside from the very active, hardcore players. Youve filled all of your gear slots with GG items that cost at least 5 ex a piece on our current league, which is also unrealistic to most players. All these unrealistic items/levels/point investments (anything over 114 is pushing it) show a false amount of DPS and Life to the average player, its just a flashy tactic to draw people in to your forum post, when in all reality this build is much weaker and squishier with REALISTIC gear. Perhaps you should be more honest with the people reading your guide, and make a pastebin link for average gear, and an obtainable level for the average player (85-90). Everything about this build is advertised as broken/overpowered, but its a front.
"
H4RM4G3DD0N wrote:
I have quite a few problems with your pastebin. It's very misleading. First off, youve set the level to 100. Not many people reach 94+ in temp leagues aside from the very active, hardcore players. Youve filled all of your gear slots with GG items that cost at least 5 ex a piece on our current league, which is also unrealistic to most players. All these unrealistic items/levels/point investments (anything over 114 is pushing it) show a false amount of DPS and Life to the average player, its just a flashy tactic to draw people in to your forum post, when in all reality this build is much weaker and squishier with REALISTIC gear. Perhaps you should be more honest with the people reading your guide, and make a pastebin link for average gear, and an obtainable level for the average player (85-90). Everything about this build is advertised as broken/overpowered, but its a front.

I looked around the forums and this is how people advertise their builds. I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary. Anyone knows the advertised dps and defenses are the absolute upper limits of the build.

And I don't even think that's a bad thing. If you don't have an objective Schelling point like this, there is no comparing builds. What if one build maker thinks 10c gear is "reasonable" and another thinks 50c gear is reasonable? Then the 10c gear person is at a disadvantage in getting his build noticed. He may realize this and set his threshold to 60c. Someone else comes along, raises the prices slightly. Eventually builds will trend toward advertising based on the highest possible numbers, just like they do now. This is simple economics.

And I didn't even do anything super crazy like another DP build did. Some other guy leveled all his gems to 21 in PoB and got an extra 2M DPS out of it.
Last edited by Enblighten on Aug 14, 2017, 7:35:49 PM
"
Zboublemeteor wrote:
interesting version of dark pact.

i personally think crit is not the way to go with a 5% crit chance gem and no charge/flask sustain against endgame bosses (you won't have charges with assassin's mark most of the time against endgame).

I disagree with you, but there are a ton of non crit builds floating around if you want to use them.
Hell you even published one.

Also AM is as much for the extra crit chance and damage as it is for the power charges. It's unfortunate that they don't make charge and flask sustain easier against long single target fights (unless you're Occultist I guess), but I worked with the game I have.

"
Zboublemeteor wrote:
don't rely too mutch on PoB for life and DPS, it's lvl 100, gear is overly optimistic and flask/power charges are not maintained all the time against bosses. you should edit your title, you will be very VERY far from what you announced : you won't get 8.5K life, you'll be more likely under 7k, your dps will not be over 1M, and it's a multiple mirror gear price, not something i would call budget or starter friendly (and don't call things OP before testing them ;) )

Please see my reply to the person who posted immediately after you. Obviously getting 3.5M DPS and 8.5K life is not budget friendly, but you don't need mirror-worthy gear, kaom's heart or atziri's acuity for this build to be effective, and advertised numbers trend toward caps. Most people seem to realize that.

As far as not relying on PoB, I take it you didn't use PoB to make your build?

"
Zboublemeteor wrote:
you should drop acuity, it's dangerous when you don't have diamond flask charges, plus it's very expensive (22+ exalts) just to get some worthless crit and eco 3 passives. just drop some damage (3M chaos DPS is 10X overkill, i've stomped the shaper with a fraction of that) and take vaal pact.

I will keep this in mind when I get to that content if I feel unsafe. However, I suspect it won't be an issue. Even without diamond flask charges, we cast 7.5 spells a second and crit 3 out of every 4 casts (I believe crit is normalized like to-hit, and not truly random, so we don't even get a bunch of unlucky non-crits in a row in unusual circumstances). And I can use these numbers as a reasonable approximation because if you're at the point where you're considering acuity, you have the currency to make your previous complaints about expensive gear irrelevant. If you're trying to be budget, you'll have VP like you want.

"
Zboublemeteor wrote:
you need at least one more health or hybrid potion to sustain longer fights.

You barely need the one health potion. Every hit gets you to full. Maybe 4 activations of Lav's isn't enough for really long bosses, but I'm not there yet so I don't know. I'll look into it.

"
Zboublemeteor wrote:
here is my take on DP, it's different but you could use some pieces : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1956777

I saw this thread. I've taken some good ideas from some other DP builds and individuals running it. I've also given suggestions to builds I thought were good but could be better. After looking at yours, I didn't find the need to do either.
Last edited by Enblighten on Aug 14, 2017, 7:46:45 PM
I'm having a little trouble with bosses with no adds. I find myself running around in circles, then casting dark pact once or twice, then running around to regain health, rinse and repeating for a long ass time. Are you supposed to just facetank bosses? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the guide!
"
ekim43 wrote:
I'm having a little trouble with bosses with no adds. I find myself running around in circles, then casting dark pact once or twice, then running around to regain health, rinse and repeating for a long ass time. Are you supposed to just facetank bosses? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the guide!

It sounds like you don't have Vaal Pact or Cloaked in Savagery yet. I recommend using another main skill to level/clear cruel lab and switch to Dark Pact when you have both of these passives.

You should check out the Leveling section, it has a lot of good advice for making your way to level 70 or so.
Last edited by Enblighten on Aug 14, 2017, 7:42:16 PM
"

Please see my reply to the person who posted immediately after you. Obviously getting 3.5M DPS and 8.5K life is not budget friendly, but you don't need mirror-worthy gear, kaom's heart or atziri's acuity for this build to be effective, and advertised numbers trend toward caps. Most people seem to realize that.

As far as not relying on PoB, I take it you didn't use PoB to make your build?

it's still false advertising in my book, but no need to discuss this anymore.

On PoB topic, the important part of my sentence was the "too mutch", since your rely on stats you won't even get close to. Of course i used PoB for my build, and speaking of it, i've also posted both my theoretical build and the one i currently have, you'll see there is quite a difference even if i use non OP stat for life rolls and level 91 on the theoretical one.

"
I will keep this in mind when I get to that content if I feel unsafe. However, I suspect it won't be an issue. Even without diamond flask charges, we cast 7.5 spells a second and crit 3 out of every 4 casts (I believe crit is normalized like to-hit, and not truly random, so we don't even get a bunch of unlucky non-crits in a row in unusual circumstances). And I can use these numbers as a reasonable approximation because if you're at the point where you're considering acuity, you have the currency to make your previous complaints about expensive gear irrelevant. If you're trying to be budget, you'll have VP like you want.

keep in mind that spell echo roll crits only once for two cast. you'll see if it's okay since you're casting pretty fast it should be fine. i used acuity in 2.6 with a 4+ APS build and it did not felt safe sometimes and unlucky streak happened. but still, vaal pact is such a god keystone, it's just 3 points away and you'll save 22 ex and get yourself fingerless gloves loathing essence crafted gloves with double T1 life rolls for 1/5 of the price.

"
You barely need the one health potion. Every hit gets you to full. Maybe 4 activations of Lav's isn't enough for really long bosses, but I'm not there yet so I don't know. I'll look into it.

it's safer against guardians and shaper degen bubbles, shit happens.
Last edited by Zboublemeteor on Aug 14, 2017, 8:25:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info