[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

"
Shoxu wrote:
"
6aPMaJIeuKuH wrote:
cherrubim give you flat HP

Are you sure you make your calculations right? Did you compare damage with conc effect on Covenant and everything? Cause Im pretty sure you're wrong, I just dont understand how can tooltip be so much inaccurate that when it shows 30k for cherrubims, 35k for covenant its actually more damage with cherrubims.

No, but I be happy to check them later when I have a bit of time. Unfortunately i did not post any links to Cherrubim setups. Anyhow, that tooltip is borked in my opinion.

What I can recall from the top of my head: I only tested with conc effect in both setups, since i was only interested in boss dps - the build has plenty enough dps for map clear at any tier with any set up (think FC was the 7th link for Covenant but not sure, I chose the one with most damage).
Cherrub and Covenant were close with almost any setup I tested and the difference between them varied build to build. For example if you have a lot of cast speed to begin with, an FC gem will account for not that much more damage etc.
If you are interested in details, i will throw some pastebin links your way later.

Also keep in mind PoB is just a program as well (altough a very decent one imo) and it can contain flaws. And no way I am going to calculate all this stuff on paper. Unless someone pays me :p
Last edited by Artagas on Sep 14, 2017, 9:15:54 AM
"
Shoxu wrote:
"
6aPMaJIeuKuH wrote:
cherrubim give you flat HP

Yes but Covenant also gives 10% life and much more shield.

Stats with cherrubims: 5576 life 1427 shield
Stats with Covenant: 5486 life 2177 shield

So its a loss of total 90 hp for me and adds 750 shield.

I get slightly worse tradeoffs at my lvl and current gear, 101hp vs 632es.

Keep in mind that since you're BMing your totems you delay/interrupt your ES recharge whenever you put down a totem since it counts as if you take dmg.

As for me, I don't even factor the es as ehp due to my playstyle. We don't really have any way of recharging it besides not getting hit in contrast to our insane hp/mana regen. I treat it as a sidebonus to everything else, sort of like armor or evasion I'd get on gear.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that our pool of ES feels unreliable to me.
Last edited by Lysithea on Sep 14, 2017, 12:39:41 PM
Here's a little video I made from t15 map, it's strictly boss run not a full clear just to show people how easy it can be.

T15 Abyss - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUM9lykSDks

"
Lysithea wrote:

Well a shield is a shield it always protects from some damage, it works pretty well for me.
Last edited by Shoxu on Sep 14, 2017, 2:03:22 PM
"
Shoxu wrote:
Here's a little video I made from t15 map, it's strictly boss run not a full clear just to show people how easy it can be.

"
Lysithea wrote:

Well a shield is a shield it always protects from some damage, it works pretty well for me.

nice! wonder how the hack you do so much more damage to that boss than i do. we play fairly similar setups i checked your profile. main difference is that i link my wither with faster casting or temporal chains instead of the skeletons. (also you have 3 more % quality on your dp :p )
i mean i can down t15 bosses, or even guardians but surely looks like it goes much faster for you.

for sure im trying those skellies out when i get home from work.
Last edited by Artagas on Sep 14, 2017, 2:39:15 PM
"
Shoxu wrote:

"
Lysithea wrote:

I agree, I think it's mostly a difference between our mindsets in how we play/think. Anything that I cant count on all the time for that one bad moment when the stars align is something I value way lower when building for hardcore.

ps. get some 30ms boots! It hurts watching that runspeed! :D

"
Artagas wrote:

nice! wonder how the hack you do so much more damage to that boss than i do. we play fairly similar setups i checked your profile. main difference is that i link my wither with faster casting or temporal chains instead of the skeletons. (also you have 3 more % quality on your dp :p )
i mean i can down t15 bosses, or even guardians but surely looks like it goes much faster for you.

Skele casting is huge difference, see calcs I did same pages back via pob
"
Artagas wrote:
main difference is that i link my wither with faster casting or temporal chains instead of the skeletons.

Are you serious!? That Wither setup in our build is like made for the skellies...

"

Ye you deffinaetly should! ;)

"
Lysithea wrote:
ps. get some 30ms boots! It hurts watching that runspeed! :D

Trust me it hurts me more then you ^^. But you know what hurts watching even more then that?

This shit:

I mean CMON!... What kind of shit is that... I guess they doing this on purpouse, making all the greatest gear look stupid so you go and buy their fancy skins in poe shop...

Here's a full clear video from t14 map:

T14 Shaped Promenade - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K7_nGmjAnE

Really enjoing this build, and especially The Covenant for this badass garbage trench coat with some ugly ass alien worm look...
Last edited by Shoxu on Sep 14, 2017, 3:13:06 PM
So... all in all, a pretty great build, tbh.

My gear is awful, my gameplay is ridiculously bad, didnt even use wither cwc, and it still trivializes everything I have found so far (except some map bosses which rip the mana, but thats fine).

I'll start transitioning to wither cwc now and see if there is a difference on the bosses, but as it is now (t6 maps rn) it rolfstomps everything with a tabula and 2 apeps. Whenever I get more currency I'll try to invest on better gear.
One more video just to show people how easy uber lab is for this build. Basically I just run through all the shit that stands in front of me, I dont stop for nothing, i dont care about traps, mobs, nothing... The only thing I pause for is to set totem on the ground to refill my speed flasks. Even Izaro is not a challenge.

Summary, this build is great for all the game content.

Uber Lab - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv2f4H89SGU

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ill just link my other videos so they can all be in 1 post.

T14 Shaped Promenade (full clear) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K7_nGmjAnE
T15 Abyss (Boss rush) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUM9lykSDks
Have to give thanks to Orion72 for this build - really enjoying it.
I have just over 100c that are burning a hole in my pocket so i was wondering if someone could advise me as to any obvious upgrades. I'm an older person and a bit slow so defence is important but any build improvement is welcome - thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info