[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

"
Lysithea wrote:

Skele casting is huge difference, see calcs I did same pages back via pob

How did you get totem life for those calculations? PoB does not display that (or maybe it does and i missed it).
So what would be the final gen setup with the wither, CWC, summon skellie. Since you would have to drop one of the other gem setups to make this happen
I just tried with the setup Shoxu was using (wither-cwc-skelly-minion life) and it was great. 0 death chimera deletion on a corrupted 7 mod map.

my earlier attempts with a cwc-skelly 4link were much worse when i was using inc dur or fc instead of minion life. So I think the minion life is by far the best choice here. It gives you both skelly longevity and increased dark pact damage.

Thanks for the tip.
"
Artagas wrote:
"
Lysithea wrote:

Skele casting is huge difference, see calcs I did same pages back via pob

How did you get totem life for those calculations? PoB does not display that (or maybe it does and i missed it).

Based on this page

Just wanted to give props to Orion for this awesome build. I'm still just leveling (job, life, only lets me play in short bursts) but man.... with Tabula and wither/cwc/ summon skeleton I'm melting every boss. I've played many great builds and this is one of the greatest imo.
Any help please as to improving my build?
"
Lysithea wrote:

Based on this page

Oh. how did i miss that...thanks!

Ok so based on this the deal seems to be that if you have 3+ skeletons up around target it is a (significant) dps increase, with 2 you break even and with a single one you lose dps. That is why it is not so great vs bosses who quickly clear them i guess.

Your calculations are super helpful though, thanks for the pastebin link....and the screenshot :)
Last edited by Artagas on Sep 15, 2017, 2:05:59 PM
"
Artagas wrote:
"
Lysithea wrote:

Based on this page

Oh. how did i miss that...thanks!

Ok so based on this the deal seems to be that if you have 3+ skeletons up around target it is a (significant) dps increase, with 2 you break even and with a single one you lose dps. That is why it is not so great vs bosses who quickly clear them i guess.

Your calculations are super helpful though, thanks for the pastebin link....and the screenshot :)

I believe this is not correct. DP can chain 3 times as soon as you have 2 skellies up, since it appears to chain back and forth between the first two skellies. There is also no downtime between the casting of the skellies and the totems using them for darkpact, rendering them potentially useful even with bosses that destroy them relatively quickly.

-O
build is super fun and tanky!

spent abit on this guy, most on a character this league

thanks for sharing./

any tips on upgrades? the armor is hard to upgrade there is not much carnal armors out atm
"
Dylan2341 wrote:

any tips on upgrades? the armor is hard to upgrade there is not much carnal armors out atm

Frankly this looks fine, you should be able to clear up to t15 as is, without any major problems.

I'd get a corrupted 20/20 dark pact gem asap.

Other than that it is nice to have an fcr ammy, or spell damage maybe on gloves, but none of those are a big deal.
Devoto's helmet is nice if it doesnt mess up your resists. Dream fragmants can be good as well, depending on what you are running.

Getting good jewels is kind of important in this build (especially if you are playing with the 7 jewel tree), but not sure what you got right now.

Other than that you could start saving up for one of the nice 6-link unique body armours (see previous 30 or so pages of discussion on which one to pick). It is going to cost a lot but meh.
Also 21/20 dark pact would be nice i assume.

All in all your gear looks good, and you will probably have to invest quite a bit to see significant improvements.

edit: dont think efficacy is actually worth it. trash clear: increased area, boss: conc effect.

edit2: what i like to do (but it is a preference) is to ditch inc dur from decoy and move it to the three link, freeing up a slot that i use for vaal summon skellies. in my experience one of two things happen before decoy would expire: - enemies die, - totem dies. so inc dur feels pointless.

Also see the above discussion about the wither-cwc-minion life - skeletons 4 link. It is spiffy. Could replace your frenzy 4 link.
Last edited by Artagas on Sep 16, 2017, 11:30:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info