[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

"
Shoxu wrote:
By they way what about that guys BBBG setup? Orb of storms>curse on hit>temporal chains>enfeeble, is it good? Should I lose Decoy Totem setup for this one? As I said with this Wither setup, Decoy Totem is not even necessary anymore, in my opinion ofc.

you should only use a curseonhit setup with dual curse in it if you got an additional curse neck, otherwise only one curse applies. As for decoy, I still use it plenty when I want to manipulate the position of bosses to a better position.

Basically my setup works so that if shit hits me it auto enfeebles the mobs and summons golem and proccs IC. I can manually dual curse since I got my +1curse neck. There's other sources to get another curse but I chose a neck.
Last edited by Lysithea on Sep 10, 2017, 2:29:59 PM
"
Lysithea wrote:
you should only use a curseonhit setup with dual curse in it if you got an additional curse neck, otherwise only one curse applies. As for decoy, I still use it plenty when I want to manipulate the position of bosses to a better position.

Ooh right, now I see, that you have 1 more curse on your neck. Hmm so maybe I just switch temporal chains to something else, but no idea what would be good there. Maybe Blind Support or Culling Strike I dont know, what you think?

And ye Im thinking about keeping decoy totem but just like you in weapon slot instead of Inc Duration for immortal call.
Last edited by Shoxu on Sep 10, 2017, 2:54:25 PM
have been looking at this build off and on is there path of building link for sc variant
With regrets, I don't think I'm going to try to redo the original post after all. There is surely enough info provided for people to take the build and develop their ideas around it at this point. And I am temporarily out of cope.

I adore my children, but that moment when your 4 year old chooses the beginning of the last fight with Uber Izaro to begin shouting at you is not my favorite. Got distracted and missed an easy dodge at the opening of the fight, standing under an increased damage totem. Apparently Iz can do over 7.5k in a one shot under those circumstances. RIP my final experiment and about 300c worth of gear, representing the last of what I have lying around from an otherwise great season start.

So I think I might be taking a significant amount of time off. I 'spect I'll be back eventually, later this season or more likely next.

Final note: I did get far enough with my experiment to watch wither>CWC>skellies>inc dur make the 38-62 leveling process even more of a breeze and absolutely trivialize A10 Kitava at lvl 65. I can only imagine what it would do with guardians and Shaper, but the difference really is dramatic.

Hope y'all keep enjoying and improving on the build.

Best,

Orion
"
Orion72 wrote:
With regrets, I don't think I'm going to try to redo the original post after all. There is surely enough info provided for people to take the build and develop their ideas around it at this point. And I am temporarily out of cope.

I adore my children, but that moment when your 4 year old chooses the beginning of the last fight with Uber Izaro to begin shouting at you is not my favorite. Got distracted and missed an easy dodge at the opening of the fight, standing under an increased damage totem. Apparently Iz can do over 7.5k in a one shot under those circumstances. RIP my final experiment and about 300c worth of gear, representing the last of what I have lying around from an otherwise great season start.

So I think I might be taking a significant amount of time off. I 'spect I'll be back eventually, later this season or more likely next.

Final note: I did get far enough with my experiment to watch wither>CWC>skellies>inc dur make the 38-62 leveling process even more of a breeze and absolutely trivialize A10 Kitava at lvl 65. I can only imagine what it would do with guardians and Shaper, but the difference really is dramatic.

Hope y'all keep enjoying and improving on the build.

Best,

Orion

Thanks for the inspiration and take care.

Just to put some numbers in perspective on nonskele vs skele casting:

I'm basing numbers on the setup I posted here previously.

I'll use 10stacks of Wither which should be a rough average of what we can keep up in between moving and whatnot.

Setup for totem only is:
PoB->config->"skelelife" same as totem life to simulate cast on totem at 4547hp
Calc page says 70.6k dps, ~282k dps with 4totems up.

Setup for totem + skeles:
PoB->config->"skelelife" as actual skele life, in my case roughly 3k with minion life.
Calc shows 63.5k which would be 762k dps with 4totems and enough skeles to bounce at.
Setting config to boss: Shaper we get roughly 571k dps.

Pretty good if you ask me with dual curse and around 10k ehp with some es ontop, add some 1k combine regen to that

I imagine that number can go way higher if you didn't go all out on defenses like I do on the tree and added some more %dmg on gear (gloves, ring, neck, better jewels etc). Not to mention a sc build where Soul Mantle and crit may very well multiply that number many times over. For reference, a 10%spell dmg node says it adds 2,8k dps for me which means 33,6k dps with the full setup running, that only scales higher with a sc setting.

Did I go wrong in my calcs somewhere or just misunderstand how PoB works? Please let me know.
PoB pastebin here
Last edited by Lysithea on Sep 11, 2017, 3:06:37 AM
"
Orion72 wrote:

This why i played at soft. i have no time to do new character again and again in one league.
-Помню, как толпа крестьян убить меня хотела,
После инквизиторы калечили мне тело!
Все восстало против молодого некроманта,
Сделав меня мучеником моего таланта.
Do we drop Arcane Surge in the setup with skellies, or just move Arcane Surge (to what setup?)
"
Aedax wrote:
Do we drop Arcane Surge in the setup with skellies, or just move Arcane Surge (to what setup?)

Why not use Whiter-cast while chenneling-scele-minion life?
-Помню, как толпа крестьян убить меня хотела,
После инквизиторы калечили мне тело!
Все восстало против молодого некроманта,
Сделав меня мучеником моего таланта.
I really have to thank you, Orion72, who initiated this DP Quad-Totem Hiero thread.
I've never felt this secured and strong at the same time with such inexpensive gear settings.

I learned so much. I didn't know the easier way to change the socket colors. I have never really cared about "Decoy Totem" and "Wether" until I encountered this thread. I never went this far in PoE.

All thanks to you! I'm hoping that we see you again.
"
6aPMaJIeuKuH wrote:
"
Aedax wrote:

Why not use Whiter-cast while chenneling-scele-minion life?

So we don't need Arcane Surge anymore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info