[3.2] That Doomfletch Life | 3.1 VIDEO GUIDE UP! Tree/PoB | All Content | Reviews

"
rainzer wrote:
I came back to this game after a couple of years (work sucks) and saw this build because it was tagged low budget in the build list and I really like rangers.

So maybe i'm stupid or I just don't get it, but I click the budget build recommendations and it says things like your hobo belt is 1 exalted. It recommends I level with a 6L Belly of the Beast (which is like 500c on ladder).

Comparatively, if I look at low/high budget builds of like a Shadow, a low budget build is like 10c total and the high budget version is 300c total. Your low budget leveling chest alone is more than the entire budget of the high budget of another class.

???

to be quite honest with you..you can use this treee and just get an high pdps bow or even flat edps. Play with some link and manage to pull out a workable starting budget build. Then you have lots of room to improve. I just got done with a10 with very budget gear. except the bow. But like mention before,other bow are probably better to level. The endgame results is all about getting penetration and more arrows per shot. But you dont need 5million dps to be able to play. 90% less and you can still have fun lol.
"
rainzer wrote:
I came back to this game after a couple of years (work sucks) and saw this build because it was tagged low budget in the build list and I really like rangers.

So maybe i'm stupid or I just don't get it, but I click the budget build recommendations and it says things like your hobo belt is 1 exalted. It recommends I level with a 6L Belly of the Beast (which is like 500c on ladder).

Comparatively, if I look at low/high budget builds of like a Shadow, a low budget build is like 10c total and the high budget version is 300c total. Your low budget leveling chest alone is more than the entire budget of the high budget of another class.

???

Again, this build was made in standard. People are doing a great job adapting this build to league. I showed a 6l belly because I don't have a non6l belly lol... In standard that 1ex hobo belt is for sure a hobo belt :)

If you want to see super cheap gear that gets the job done, this guy has linked it in item display showcase area. Stuff like this can get you started.

🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
Ahfack wrote:

Again, this build was made in standard. People are doing a great job adapting this build to league. I showed a 6l belly because I don't have a non6l belly lol... In standard that 1ex hobo belt is for sure a hobo belt :)

If you want to see super cheap gear that gets the job done, this guy has linked it in item display showcase area. Stuff like this can get you started.

I love you. Thanks for taking the time.
"
xMustard wrote:
i use lightning arrow. i find it is the best clear skill you can get. i also just have pierce from tree (+2) and +1 from drillneck and thats all thats needed especially with lightning arrow.
tornado shot just feels too clunky, and ice shot isn't as good as clearing wide packs, but great for clearing deep packs.

flat phys is great, but it honestly doesn't seem to be king of all kings. once you have enough flat phys it seems like wed is better. wed is best on belt since you can use a double life leather belt with resistances. girdle is horrible even for leveling.

but a good place to get phys dmg is gloves and jewelry. and actually, as far as PoB calculates it, chance to bleed gives just slightly more damage than added cold damage. but legit just slightly. im not sure if pob is calculating the phys dmg properly tho (being added as all elements of damage) but it is possible.
44-66 dmg is essentially 48-72 to each element, which is 144-216 where as added cold is 169-254. however you'll have better scaling on the flat phys with phys increases and such.
but anyway, a green socket is easier to get than a red, since we want 2-3 off colours anyway. (depending if running ele focus or not)

Yeah, sometimes I continue to question PoB's calculations. But, we're in the "Path of PoB" age right now. hahaha
"
rainzer wrote:
"
Ahfack wrote:

I love you. Thanks for taking the time.

You're welcome! Get to farming and get your currency up then start following the guide ;) Check under "Leveling tree" section
ya. people this build can be run in new league. i used it as my league starter.
the most expensive thing i've bought so far was doomfletch prism itself @ 40 chaos. they are slightly more expensive now it seems, but its still a pretty good deal for a complete end game bow that your build is based on.

where im at my next upgrade will be to get an abyssus and a 5L on my barrage. so i need to 5-6 socket my doomfletch prism which means i gotta level vorici (f that).
abyssus is around 30 chaos.

now im running maps though, and i just did my first t6 map without an issue. even on a 4L without great gear, as long as you have doomfletch prism, you can wreck bosses. i've died here and there but its because im used to play standard and being so godly that i just play lazy.
so right now farming it up im getting chaos recipes done and it won't be too long before i have 2x 5L, abyssus, and gonna start on upgrading my rings.

the hardest thing i've found so far is maxing resistances and getting decent life. my 5L chest is great because its 5L but its stats are not good so it will have to be upgraded too, eventually. farming t6 and lower maps will get me the currency needed for all of these things, easily.

a tip for getting doomfletch prism. a great place to farm is act 8 the imperial fields. you can get rain of chaos cards, to get chaos, as well as farm that place for div cards that give 2x exalted, which sell for chaos or you can save them and get exalts.
also you can farm the high gardens for the currency div cards, that give 5 currency, if you feel lucky
^
🎈🤡LEGACY MINER & TRAPPER MIRROR SERVICE: 1713980🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER UNIQUE: KAOM'S SPIRIT🎈Designer: IronVsWild🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER SINCE APRIL 2012🤡🎈
🎈🤡IGN: CLOWNPOWDER & CLOWNLIVESMATTER🤡🎈
"
xMustard wrote:
ya. people this build can be run in new league. i used it as my league starter.
the most expensive thing i've bought so far was doomfletch prism itself @ 40 chaos. they are slightly more expensive now it seems, but its still a pretty good deal for a complete end game bow that your build is based on.

where im at my next upgrade will be to get an abyssus and a 5L on my barrage. so i need to 5-6 socket my doomfletch prism which means i gotta level vorici (f that).
abyssus is around 30 chaos.

now im running maps though, and i just did my first t6 map without an issue. even on a 4L without great gear, as long as you have doomfletch prism, you can wreck bosses. i've died here and there but its because im used to play standard and being so godly that i just play lazy.
so right now farming it up im getting chaos recipes done and it won't be too long before i have 2x 5L, abyssus, and gonna start on upgrading my rings.

the hardest thing i've found so far is maxing resistances and getting decent life. my 5L chest is great because its 5L but its stats are not good so it will have to be upgraded too, eventually. farming t6 and lower maps will get me the currency needed for all of these things, easily.

a tip for getting doomfletch prism. a great place to farm is act 8 the imperial fields. you can get rain of chaos cards, to get chaos, as well as farm that place for div cards that give 2x exalted, which sell for chaos or you can save them and get exalts.
also you can farm the high gardens for the currency div cards, that give 5 currency, if you feel lucky

Great feedback! I'll put that in leveling section as well. Keep sharing your experiences/stories. I made this as a GG endgame build that can do all content while utilizing all the inexpensive uniques possible. I was confident it could be implemented well for league play, but never actually did it myself. Thanks!
I approve of this build.
Currently collecting some gear for it to test out a semi low budget version, will update with how it goes when I'm done gearing. It's looking very promising though!
Having a great time with this build, thanks so much for the great guide.

I opted to go Ice Shot over TS while using Rigwald's Quills in my clear setup, and Drillneck in my single target setup. Absolutely loving Ice Shot with Rigwald's, and found this too be much more effective at lower gear levels. I didn't really miss the physical damage from Drillneck for clearing packs, and Ice Shot drastically improved my coverage with the forks from Rigwald's Quills.

Now that my gear is better I'm sure TS would be great, but this is definitely a fun way to play the build and I think I'll stick with it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info