[3.2] That Doomfletch Life | 3.1 VIDEO GUIDE UP! Tree/PoB | All Content | Reviews

"
Eninya wrote:
"
okeeey wrote:
"
joaco127 wrote:
Hey guys, just tried this build on a old char... i spent
a great amount of money actually and i'm dying quite a lot,
don't know if it's just that i'm not used to the playstyle or
if i'm missing something.

Could anyone please take a look and recommend something,
wouldn't ask if i had any idea about what to do next.

Thanks in advance!!

Same doubt

@Both

Don't use Abyssus for anything but Shaper. Anything physical is almost guaranteed to kill you in the endgame, and it's wholly unnecessary for killing anything in the game.

Ahfack's gear is basically a museum showcase, so with a more realistic approach I recommend going defensive. The Tempest's Binding is (imo) the best in slot helm. Barring that, any rare with a good lab enchant and some life/resists is great, though uniques offer more damage.

I run Decoy Totem, Blind, and Enfeeble because I have lot of damage on my old Pathfinder. Get yourself a CWDT + Immortal Call + Increased Duration setup. Taste of Hate also contributes to helping mitigate physical damage by converting 20% of it to cold and running it through your resist (which should be 78% with it active alongside Wise Oak). If your Cold Resistance is situated right, you can take advantage of Wise Oak's further mitigation.

Though it'll tank your damage further, an extreme survival option is to use Enfeeble + Blasphemy on top of a lab enchant to increase its effectiveness.

Correct, my endgame gear/setup is really to show how to squeeze the most damage out of it. Abyssus while leveling isn't the best idea, and many different helmet options have been discussed in the thread and shown on the main post, as well as in the faq/reviews section. I personally choose Lightpoacher for 2 flat phys/life/ias jewels, but tempest is great and people have used them since harbinger.

I wouldn't exactly say you should plan on leveling while chaining guardian bosses or anything, but I did hit 97 easily, using this build doing t15 elder maps. There's been people hitting 100 with this build in league as well. Just gotta found out where you are most comfortable leveling, then maybe when you hit a new level when you're at 0% just go full on balls out on guardians and do rippy shit for fun. That's what I usually do haha.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
I'm getting near the 1mill TotalDPS (Not on bosses thou), and i cannot figure out why Slower Proj. have higher DPS both in tooltip and PoB than Physical Proj attack.
My links are: Barrage, Chance to bleed, ele focus, ele dmg with attacks, slower proj, phys proj att (Char is SpirB if need inspect)

I think the specific line here is the difference:

Phys Proj:
Supported skills deal 50% MORE Phys proj attack damage
Which in my head means it scale "only" the raw phys (which then gains the 300% ele dmg from Doomflech afterwards)
This gives me 23.5% total DPS in PoB

Slower Proj:
Supported skills deal 30% MORE proj damage
Which in my head scales both the raw phys AND the 300% ele dmg which might be why it's higher total dps
This gives me 30.8% total DPS in PoB

Not sure if it's just a visual thing, or it's cause my overall flat phys ain't high enough. i got a TON of flat ele dmg on abyss jewels as those give me just as much, if not more total dps over only flat phys.

I'm not using Mirage Archer, and argueing with myself if i should drop Slower Proj or Phys Proj... or just keep both and leave Mirage Archer as it gives more spam on the screen to look at (Bleed is a tad bit higher than Phys Proj, but not much... i presume it's cause my not-so-high-flat-phys)
My Tree is a bit different as i use my normal route for survival and dps (and works better for me when not having a TON of currency for mirror worthy gears). Also not using Wise Oak as dual 60res below cap is a little squicy when out of flasks in certain conditions, i rather play it safe than have 500mill dps :P

Could someone explain it to me as if i was a 3year old what i'm missing?
Spir83 on Youtube and Twitch, hope to see you there =^.^=
Last edited by Spir83 on Jul 23, 2018, 11:32:54 PM
solved in another thread, is a bug in the advanced mod description

Hey, great guide. I was looking for something good after returning to the game, and I think I found it.
Was a pain to balance wise oak, but finally I did it and I will try to get the rest updated in the next steps.

But I have one question for now:

Can I use a blessed orb on my doomfletch to make the implicit value higher? Or will I damage something with it? Because I saw so many different doomfletch versions out there, I am so unsure what to do.

Here it is:

Thanks for your replies,

Tom
Last edited by Tom79 on Jul 27, 2018, 5:05:57 AM
Hi, first of all thanks. Great build and well made guide! Thank you very much.
Just a question, don't know if it's already been asked but I can't search only this thread... Why not Vessel of Vinktar? Another 20% phys to lightning, some other leech and another 10% penetration don't make up for the 50% increased incoming damage?
I am looking to take on Uber Elder soon, are there any cheap/small (<2ex) things I can improve on my character (Std btw).

Spoiler

Jewels on my Tree:
1. Lion Eye's Fall
2. 16%Inc. Phys, 11%Crit Multi, 6% Max Life
3. 15% Inc. Phys, 10% Fire+Light Res, 5% Max Life
4. 16% Inc. Phys, 10% Crit Multi, 5% Max Life
5. 12% Proj, 14% Cold Res, 5% Max Life

Link to the Character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/IronCrown/characters

Last edited by IronCrown on Aug 12, 2018, 8:24:40 AM
3.4 viable ?
I'm hoping this is still viable as i find myself back here for the second time following this guide :)

Bring it on!!!
Thank you Ahfack for writing this guide!

That was my second attempt to this build, when I first tried it a few months ago I quickly gave up due to the below reasons:

1) I didn't use Kaom and didn't prioritize life on other gear pieces (I died too many times);
2) I focused on 21/20 gems only in Lightning Arrow weapon spec, the one with Barrage was filled with some trash level gems this gave me a false impression that this build is weak against single target/boss
3) I don't recall using Mirage Archer at that time, thus this probably contributed to another false impression of having slow clear speed.

To sum up, once you follow all pieces of advice (including Wise Oak Balance strategy) listed in Ahfack's guide you should have a character with a reliable single target damage and decent clear speed.

Additional note: it takes 0.5 second to cast Vaal Haste, whereas it only lasts (in my case) 4-5 seconds making this not really often used skill in my arsenal...

Obviously, I am not wealthy enough to get similar gear to yours, but even with lesser gear I am very happy with this build. For those who are interested in checking gear that I am using, have a look below (Still need to find decent Watcher's eye with Hatred mods, get 'Pene' uberenchant on boots and fill in utility gems in helmets):

Last edited by Talamoe on Nov 1, 2018, 1:08:34 PM
Hey Ahfack or anybody is it better to use herald of purity now instead herald of ice for our Doomfletch pathfinder?

Last edited by CheyTac4537 on Jan 25, 2019, 8:57:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info