[3.2] That Doomfletch Life | 3.1 VIDEO GUIDE UP! Tree/PoB | All Content | Reviews

Could you look at my character and tell me what I could improve, except for gem levels/quality? Leveling up those and trying to get helm enchant atm.
Only 1 character, Emmarel on Rhade31 account.
I have problems with rare guardian maps, I can complete t15 maps but not without dying.
well just by grabbing a +1 drillneck n using Main instead of inc crit on barrage u would gain 400K vs shaper. From 800k to 1.2M.

I would do that first then try to get some ring with t1 flat phys n not mastercrafted, ofc don't forget the +2 enchant once u got the budget for it.

here's the POB code of those change:https://pastebin.com/yyL4xmnE
A day w/o dealing with stupid ppl is like....Never mind. Ill tell u if it ever happens
Last edited by philophil on Nov 10, 2017, 5:15:26 PM
"
Vakarlan wrote:
"
juerk wrote:
Ok...the "reddit investigation crew" strikes again I guess? Or not?

After the "statistical analysis" (LOL) videos of loot drops from X maps (ft. a stupid amount of doctor cards/exalt drops + stupid loot filters) the "bullshit build thing" seems to be the new hot thing out there.

I initially quite liked the idea. A lot of build guides are quite deceiving when it comes to PoB numbers and there is no consensus whatsoever when it comes to settings. Quite annoying to have to check which buff is up, how many dps flasks are used and what legacy gear is to exclude.

Imo there is almost NO WAY for newer players to tell if build(guide) A is better then build B based on a PoB number. Or even a PoB pastebin. It's just a giant cluster**** without common standards. Therefore people feel free to advertise their build to the max and claim unrealistic numbers. Where the "bullshit builds guy" comes in.

But...why did he pick this build out of all the builds out there? There's even a 100% mirror service bow build (tri-balancing res. with the mirror items) out there to pick and criticize!? Or Probably too hard to find or not worth it for reddit? I could think of a couple of other bow builds as well, but that's a different story.

So, he chooses this build for the sole fact of "DPS boosted with mirrorgear", even admitting that he likes the build as it is and that it's capable of the endgame in the league.. So why making a "bullshit-build-video" out of it? Pure clickbait? Ahfack NEVER claimed that his items/numbers are possible to get in a temp league.

On a sidenote, this guy has no clue how to make a bow build work on budget. Picking the boots with 120 life (while wearing Kaoms) but not bothering fixing the WO-res or getting the extraproj :D. There are a TON of secondary items and options for quiver/helmet/body armour w/e

helmet: starkonja's, rat's, devoto's, tempest's binding, rare with projs. +2 Devoto has been cheap for ages till the league died out.
quiver: something remotely decent with +1 proj, NOT drillneck w/o proj. for barrage or drillneck +1 isn't that expensive.
body armour: QotF for mapping, Yriel's for dmg, Belly to save currency. Can't be bothered to have a 1hr+-writedown on this topic.

People have written dozens of pages about gearing/preparing for specific encounters and Ahfack even included some noteworthy reviews in the guide. FFS.

The reference to the number of people complaining is a funny one as well. I played the build from day 5-6 of the league and perceived it like this:

1) doomfletch is an (obvious) contender for a meta build, people see this guide and are happy with it at first. Prices are on the higher side but still affordable.
2) around the 2. week: people are getting their endgame gear and doing guardians/shaper with good results. The distribution of people in this thread is heavily skewed to the experienced/bow/meta-build-players though.
3) around the 3. week: following 2) doomfletch becomes REALLY meta and the prices on the suggested uniques explode. However there are still a bunch of affordable solutions out there.
4) around 5.-6. week: league starts to die / goes into the currency farming phase. This build isn't flashy enough for this phase to compete with wanders/windripper, a lot of metaplayers leave and some key items drop in price (also fusing/exalt reatio crashes). In the same time some of ziggyd followers / people disappointed with neversink's build arrive.

4) - 5) people start complaining about the build for some reason (unclear to me!)

Based on that I don't get the message of the video. I would rate the build around 8.5-9/10 and don't see a SINGLE valid point of criticism mentioned in the video. There are a few to be made but he's clearly not bothering going that deep.

TLDR: superficial clickbait video. A video comparing different build guides for a subclass (like bow builds) with analysis of+beyond the PoB would be useful. But naahh, that's not flashy enough...;)

P.S. played the build in 1)-3), have done around 60 guardians + 15 shapers + random other stuff (uber/vinktars) with it. Imo it's very good at shaper even w/o abyssus. Ok-good vs guardians w/o abyssus. Didn't bother to min-max the gear and switched to a wander afterwards.

In my POV, just let reddit have their 2 to 3 days of fun. No one is getting hurt, everyone including ahfack / the video creator/ reddit can just laugh about it and move on, I mean if I can get that huge amount of people to hate me so much in a video game cause I have more in game currency than them, I would take it gladly, sadly I'm just a pleb.

Yeah, both you guys are on point. He obviously just did it because he got bombarded by requests to do it. It seemed like he was just going to do the "tank shaper with 5k life" or whatever build, which you can see at the beginning of the doomfletch episode, so he gave the sheeple what they wanted :D

Either way, yeah I've had 7 mirror services since the video ( _1_ 2-3-4 5-6-7) and I've had some really good laughs with some people. What's funny is people think I was raging out about it, when in reality I'm just kind of a dick all the time anyway, so they probably read into it too far haha :)

But the ultimate funniest part was, "Just play blade flurry" hahahaha

Anyway, I don't know you guys but thanks for posting - I appreciate it, and glad to hear some people chat about it online that have higher than a room temperature IQ <3
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
philophil wrote:
well just by grabbing a +1 drillneck n using Main instead of inc crit on barrage u would gain 400K vs shaper. From 800k to 1.2M.

I would do that first then try to get some ring with t1 flat phys n not mastercrafted, ofc don't forget the +2 enchant once u got the budget for it.

here's the POB code of those change:https://pastebin.com/yyL4xmnE

Will get Drillneck +1 and Maim on Barrage.
I didn't take Claws of Pride skills, it looks like Projectile Damage and Attack SPeed skills from the start give me more dps.
As for the rings, I didn't find better ones to buy, with life, strenght and elemental damage, without loads of ex. I also considered the phys dps difference isn't that big, my rings have 16 phys dps and t1 rings would give ~20?
Last edited by Rhade31 on Nov 11, 2017, 7:13:02 AM
well test it on POB urself Claws of pride is more dmg then proj start from ranger. Also if u go for t1 phys u gain 100K dmg vs shaper but really what would boost it alot would be getting better jewel that have at least 3 good mods some of ur jewel are 2 mods at best.
A day w/o dealing with stupid ppl is like....Never mind. Ill tell u if it ever happens
So what are the best mods for jewels, in order of importance? I see proj damage, attack speed and increased physical damage as prefix. And as sufix, proj damage, crit mult, crit chance..
"
spr4ts wrote:
So what are the best mods for jewels, in order of importance? I see proj damage, attack speed and increased physical damage as prefix. And as sufix, proj damage, crit mult, crit chance..

Multi huge in the jewel department, crit chance itself has diminishing returns especially as you use Diamond Flask so remember that.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Now level 87,
Manage to finally balance wise Ork. I rerolled implict on my 2 tone boots to balance cold & fire, Then I bought Ammy with high Lighting resist, & just make up the difference (to goal of 60% more lightning resist) with a jewel with exactly the lightning resist I wanted. Boom.

I imported my chracter to PoB, & manage about 1million shaper DPS, with Starjoka without 2 add arrow, & level 19/Qty 0 gems.

At 94, which is my target, I should be able to get 1.3million shaper damage with 20/20 gems, & 1.6 million with +2 add arrow Starjoka, & 2million shaper dps with +2Abbyssus.

Not too shabby with my non GG gears.

I do notice, no matter my gears (Abyssus or Star),
Chance to bleed->Miam->Increase critical strike.

Last edited by KiadawP on Nov 15, 2017, 2:03:16 AM
"
KiadawP wrote:
Now level 87,
Manage to finally balance wise Ork. I rerolled implict on my 2 tone boots to balance cold & fire, Then I bought Ammy with high Lighting resist, & just make up the difference (to goal of 60% more lightning resist) with a jewel with exactly the lightning resist I wanted. Boom.

I imported my chracter to PoB, & manage about 1million shaper DPS, with Starjoka without 2 add arrow, & level 19/Qty 0 gems.

At 94, which is my target, I should be able to get 1.3million shaper damage with 20/20 gems, & 1.6 million with +2 add arrow Starjoka, & 2million shaper dps with +2Abbyssus.

Not too shabby with my non GG gears.

I do notice, no matter my gears (Abyssus or Star),
Chance to bleed->Miam->Increase critical strike.

Cool! Yeah as mentioned, unless you have top tier Phys/multi rolls on everything then chance to bleed will be better than crit strikes
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Due to Vaal Pack changed. How to build in 3.1 :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info