[3.2] That Doomfletch Life | 3.1 VIDEO GUIDE UP! Tree/PoB | All Content | Reviews

"
AzZinothAesiR wrote:
Due to Vaal Pack changed. How to build in 3.1 :)

Wait till the patchnotes are out and don't expect too much ;)

As of now there are still some options left to build around with (duelist ascendacies, acuity)

However, it's not impossible that GGG follows up with some unreasonable "double-dipping" aka barrage/enchant nerf. The remaining leech options may be deleted as well "to balance ascendacies or smth. like that", completely destroying the crit attack builds.

Even in the worst case you could kind of play this (I guess) with the hardcore-ish itemization. Especially if you prefer the playstyle over the Spectres/Golemancer builds, which may just be multiple levels stronger, if acuity/slayer are nerfed as well.
I get that we have 3 weeks left until next season, but i have built this toon up and wanted to see what i am doing wrong. I am dying too often.

Maybe its just that i have to get used to hitting wise oak every 6 seconds? Any ideas would be great, I want to have a fun three weeks. :)
Last edited by phocas99 on Nov 17, 2017, 8:22:48 AM
Also i currently have 31 fire res 31 cold res and 91 light. When i pop all three flasks my res goes to 128 128 131

What the hell did i miss?
"
phocas99 wrote:
Also i currently have 31 fire res 31 cold res and 91 light. When i pop all three flasks my res goes to 128 128 131

What the hell did i miss?

Do uber lab
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
juerk wrote:
"
AzZinothAesiR wrote:
Due to Vaal Pack changed. How to build in 3.1 :)

Wait till the patchnotes are out and don't expect too much ;)

As of now there are still some options left to build around with (duelist ascendacies, acuity)

However, it's not impossible that GGG follows up with some unreasonable "double-dipping" aka barrage/enchant nerf. The remaining leech options may be deleted as well "to balance ascendacies or smth. like that", completely destroying the crit attack builds.

Even in the worst case you could kind of play this (I guess) with the hardcore-ish itemization. Especially if you prefer the playstyle over the Spectres/Golemancer builds, which may just be multiple levels stronger, if acuity/slayer are nerfed as well.

Well said.

In short: It all depends on what GGG does in 3.1 - we only know part of the puzzle right now, so it will only do so much good speculating.

There are a number of things we could do.

The new Vaal Pact is only 3 passives away from Point Blank, so luckily we're right there anyway. We could invest a little more in leech and get Vitality Void and whatever surrounding increased leech we think we need. We might not tank shaper beam the same, but it would probably still kbe pretty close.

If this doesn't work we could:

Use Acuities and balance res a bit more on jewels, or even use a rare helm instead of a unique helm. Yes, the damage output would go down a bit (especially since you want to use inc crit strikes instead of chance to bleed/maim), but it would maintain really really good survivability.

But again...only helps so much to speculate. There will be ways to figure this out, and I'll update the thread with what to change and different options once we get some concrete information.

Don't freak out guys ;) everything will be alright.
PoE is a balancing mess, with trashs that fall like dominos, even bosses, but cthe same mobs that you can one shot , can suddenly one shot you with a few bad mods and buff like increase speed, damage and frenzy buff.

It's D2 "multishot, lightning enchanted, very fast" all over again. Other games have overcome this damage spike by preventing certain mods to roll together but PoE do not care.

It wasn't so bad if the penalty for death is so harsh in the 90s.

The amount of deaths and having to play like a pussy des reduce the fun out of this build. But that's the nature of elation base bow builds.

About Vaal pact being nerd, I think it's okay if they tone down damage of mobs, which is out of control. You shouldn't need to have max life in every jewels, and high tier life roll on every gear to be viable in end game. Massive investment in life should only be reserved for tanks.

Edit: 2 Guardians down. No maps for the other 2 yet. Not bad consider my gems are not max level yet, & most are zero quality.
Last edited by KiadawP on Nov 18, 2017, 7:50:43 AM
"
KiadawP wrote:
PoE is a balancing mess, with trashs that fall like dominos, even bosses, but cthe same mobs that you can one shot , can suddenly one shot you with a few bad mods and buff like increase speed, damage and frenzy buff.

It's D2 "multishot, lightning enchanted, very fast" all over again. Other games have overcome this damage spike by preventing certain mods to roll together but PoE do not care.

It wasn't so bad if the penalty for death is so harsh in the 90s.

The amount of deaths and having to play like a pussy des reduce the fun out of this build. But that's the nature of elation base bow builds.

About Vaal pact being nerd, I think it's okay if they tone down damage of mobs, which is out of control. You shouldn't need to have max life in every jewels, and high tier life roll on every gear to be viable in end game. Massive investment in life should only be reserved for tanks.

I agree with pretty much everything you said (Path of hp-nodes, potential of boring gameplay if VP is messed up). That's why I disliked the ES-changes as well. Imo:

- life wheel is pretty underwhelming to reach for right side builds other than ascendant. In HC you may have to go there anyway but that's a different topic.
- every passive point makes a massive difference because of the triple-scaling (crit + usually 2 build-defining properties). Left side builds not only take a lot of life because they want to be tanky. There just aren't any nodes for them left to take (very limited scaling).

BUT...those builds are a LOT better at early game and the early lategame than the left-side-crit attack builds. Survivalwise they were not that much worse than the VP builds for a lot of encounters (with a huge bonus in lab), it's just the case for the high-end content. I still don't think builds with 20c investment and lvl 85 should be tankier than lvl 95 and 100 ex, if both build right. People are spending a lot of times leveling and doing lower/mid-tier mapping to acquire the lvls/currency needed for GG-items, I don't get it why this portion of the game is just left out of the discussion time and time again. It's not like everyone instantly has the wealth of several hundred shaped spiders/beachheads/vaults/ w.e. (very happy about the atlas changes as a sidenote).

Maybe GGG wanted to nerf the 0 life 0 defence currency farmers? Those are hurt the most out of all builds, after I think about it (2.5-3k hp full quant Windripper or smth. like that)?

P.S. A huge reason for popularity of some builds is the playstyle. Smth like leap-sweep juggernaut or a miner can't compete with a wander (extreme example), even if they have more dmg. Some skills could use some love/ mechanical rework.
Last edited by juerk on Nov 18, 2017, 8:27:33 AM
Nice clear. I can related to the points you made. The game favor heavily Big AOE trash killing mid teir mapping builds, which can be dead cheap, than balanced builds that can clear tough contents.

The rewards for clearing tough contents ain't ther but the punishment for dying is harsh.

We have to see how things go with new expansion.
"
KiadawP wrote:

Well i think the VP nerf is 1 of the best thing that has happen to poe so far. It made boss design very retarded, there was basicly 2 option either something u outleech or 1 shot mechanic. I feel like the VP nerf will force ppl to play less full potato n actually they might have to focus on boss fight to go trought them. Beside i think bringing back acuity has 1 of the chased unique is awesome we need more of those in this game. Ppl might not like it but its a great thing to have in the game. It put a goal for ppl to have X item n when they do get it they feel alot more powerful has oppose to rightnow everything feels meh.
A day w/o dealing with stupid ppl is like....Never mind. Ill tell u if it ever happens

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info