[3.2] That Doomfletch Life | 3.1 VIDEO GUIDE UP! Tree/PoB | All Content | Reviews

I honestly don't get why a lot of people are complaining about astronomical costs, my version which doesn't use Abyssus costed around 20ex. At 95 now.

I have 1.2M dps with charges vs Shaper and it feels great.
Hats off to Ahfack for making this amazing build.

Also got this:

(by no means necessary - just felt like corrupting it after I finished everything except Uber Atziri)

https://pastebin.com/XHk6WKJE
If anyone is interested in looking at my mundane gear with terrible jewels.
Well u did it again i respecced my pathfinder to this build after i found a mirror in HSC first tries i deleted shaper/uber atziri/chayula! Once again thx for the build, keep em coming!

heres the gear i used for the bosses:
(currently at around 6.7k life)
Last edited by chongg420 on Oct 11, 2017, 3:50:54 AM
"
MAD_DAN wrote:
I have somewhat of a noob question.

Are we sure that Ele Focus is the best one in slot?

You'll have to check your own sims in PoB, but generally Shock is a massive damage increase. Elemental Focus will typically show up as a top contender.

Currently, I run 2G3R1B, but I'm considering switching to 3R and 2B for Crit Chance/Multiplier. If you're using The Tempest's Binding, the Harbinger add will periodically apply Shock/Freeze through you, but it's a bit spaced and can be random if you're relying entirely on it.
hi, beginner here
been following your guide since the beginning, so far so good
but i cant afford the doomfletch prism and now im lvl 50
First, to answer to the person above as I always hate when I post something and someone comes over me and ignores the post completely:

Please take note that the bow 6l is actually the cheapest piece of gear. The rares you need to achieve big dps in this build will be way over 10 exalted each.
If you buy normal rare gear, like 40-1 ex each, you will probably have 7-800 k shaper dps in the end which is not bad.

Ok, back to business now, so I used the above pastebin suggested by the build owner:

https://pastebin.com/kk6Jsfve

On which I did my tests on wether Elemental Focus is BiS.

Let's say we start with the following 5 links: Barrage, Elemental damage with attacks, Increased Crit Strikes, Phys Porjectile Attack Damage, and Chance to Bleed.

We're going for all of them 20/20.

On that setup, I added in turn, all the rest of the gems to see which is bigger.

So i got this DPS on shaper:

Elemental Focus:
Enemy Shocked: unchecked because we lose status ailments
DPS: 1479350.0

HypoThermia:
Enemy Shocked: checked, we shock with lightning damage
Enemy Chilled: checked, we chill constantly with cold damage
DPS: 2013731.4

Increased Crit Damage:
Enemy Shocked: checked because we shock
DPS: 1880710.2

Innervate:
Enemy Shocked: checked, we shock
DPS: 1532876.2

Phys To Lightning:
DPS: 16534692.2

Maim:
DPS: 1908423.8

So, based on PoB, Hypothermia would be best in slot, followed by Maim, and Increased Crit Damage.
Actually Elemental Focus seems to be the worst in slot as it is lower than all the suggestions above.

The only question remaining is, does PoB calculate shock for 3.0? since we hit small hits, how much do we shock? It's not constant 50% increase so this is the main problem here.

How the hell do we know exactly how we shock with this build so we can know what gem is best in slot?

If shock in PoB is correct then Hypothermia is a huge increase to dps in place of Elemental Focus.

However I believe we can't shock shaper with this build because if wiki is right we would have to do 5% of his max health in 1 hit, which i'm sure we don't. That means PoB is failing when calculating shock, which is sad :(
IGN: SCHVAITZERIZER
Last edited by MAD_DAN on Oct 11, 2017, 8:55:01 AM
"
The only question remaining is, does PoB calculate shock for 3.0? since we hit small hits, how much do we shock? It's not constant 50% increase so this is the main problem here.

Been having problems deciding gems on some chars since Shock changes as well, not sure how it's calculated atm on 3.0, but wiki says:

Increased damage from shock is capped at 50% at 10% of the target's maximum life dealt by Lightning damage

So you need to do 10% of guardians/shaper on a single hit, that would be 950k for Hydra/Chimera, 1.25m for Minotaur/Phoenix and 2m for Shaper, i don't think any build can reach those kind of numbers even with mirror-tier gear and legacy items, so how effective it really is i'm not sure, i tend to go Elemental focus for the guaranteed consistent damage and don't bother trying to get Chill/Shock on T16+ through damage. PoB always calculates it as 50% which isn't correct.

Don't think there's more info unless someone tested it thoroughly, if it's a linear increase/decrease then we'd get 5% Shock at 1% damage, which is still a lot of damage for a crappy Shock, increased Shock effect could help, assuming there isn't a threshold like Freeze has.
Last edited by Phosphenez on Oct 11, 2017, 8:42:29 AM
i also tested OP's pastebin in PoB dmg on Shaper, let say we have 8m dps with 9 barrage proj, and each do about 15k lightning damage, which is 0.075% of Shaper's 20m HP.
We barely do any increase shock damage on Shaper, but for normal boss map it's a huge increase anyway.
So i think Hypothemia is best for mapping boss, and Ele focus is for Shaper
jesus relax man im not complaining
i read your post
"
MAD_DAN wrote:
First, to answer to the person above as I always hate when I post something and someone comes over me and ignores the post completely:

Please take note that the bow 6l is actually the cheapest piece of gear. The rares you need to achieve big dps in this build will be way over 10 exalted each.
If you buy normal rare gear, like 40-1 ex each, you will probably have 7-800 k shaper dps in the end which is not bad.

aight
Did anyone here farm lab for pen on boots? Was curious how many runs I should expect to do.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info