[3.2] That Doomfletch Life | 3.1 VIDEO GUIDE UP! Tree/PoB | All Content | Reviews

"
89% chance to hit with Kaom's, even with 500 accuracy on jewelery. I will never have enough for properly itemized pieces , no idea why I dumped everything into this. Got a bunch of steel rings Ill take a loss on too.

I have about 88% chance to hit and resistances are only triple balanced outside of ToH/DS usage. (I could use a Vinktar and triple cap, but I don't see any reason to.) There's too much emphasis on a perfect balance during Wise Oak, Taste of Hate, and Dying Sun.

Just as well, accuracy really isn't that bad unless you're somehow reaching, say, 85%. I usually don't bother stacking it at all because it's a luxury stat. After physical and WED rolls, every additional min/max damage stat dramatically increases the price--crit multi, crit chance, accuracy, large stat rolls, high life, elemental damages, attack speed.
Steel rings are BiS for this build but NOT mandatory to make it work. You can do pretty well with any other rings with flat phys on it and decent res/life. Balancing res is also not mandatory to make the build works but only add more damage and perhaps extra defenses.

I spent ~ 8ex with mainly ToH and dying sun both costs me ~5 ex. Tempest Binding only costs me 40c and the bow ( prophecy) 40c. Lioneye's Fall was 150c when I bought it. All the other gears have been farmed from another build , self-crafted and drops.

So yes the build can be expensive towards very endgame(due to min maxing ) but can be play on a semi-budget if you dont planned to do Guardians/Shapers.
I'm actually asking myself if i should Just give up on balancing wise oak and take it off and play with atziri's promise instead. Its too boring not being able to get any New piece of gear without destroying my res balance
What about ele reflect? i seem to die when i encounter one in a map. Even with the pantheon chosen i still die.
"
Jiiks wrote:
Quickly whipped up a wise oak calculator just for this build: http://poe.rip/oak/
Maybe someone will find it handy :3

Great work sir!
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
XenoRi wrote:
What about ele reflect? i seem to die when i encounter one in a map. Even with the pantheon chosen i still die.

Sibyl's Lament in left slot on top of Soul of Yugul.

I can run Elemental Reflect maps with just Yugul as long as my flasks are up, but I have to AoE down Ele reflect mobs in the map; Barrage reflects too much damage to use without Sibyl's.
anyone tried with raider class instead? that seem to pack quite a lot of damage.
"

89% chance to hit with Kaom's, even with 500 accuracy on jewelery. I will never have enough for properly itemized pieces , no idea why I dumped everything into this. Got a bunch of steel rings Ill take a loss on too.

Definitely not blowing divines on the wise oak issue.

Im not enjoying this.

How do you have so low accuracy? I have 93% chance to hit with accuracy only on neck and 1 ring with my xp farming gear and 9% on 1 jewel. Taking the jewel out gives me 92%

"
Ahfack wrote:
"
Jiiks wrote:
Quickly whipped up a wise oak calculator just for this build: http://poe.rip/oak/
Maybe someone will find it handy :3

Great work sir!

Thank you :3
"
FenixLeeYiRen wrote:
anyone tried with raider class instead? that seem to pack quite a lot of damage.

Faster movement speed and mapping as a result, but less safety from your flasks. Don't try super hard to balance Wise Oak under Raider.
Just sharing what I did to balance the resists:

Swap out gear that gives out too much resist for other mods like life/phys/ele damage/etc (belt/boots/gloves/rings/amulets). The higher the resist the more gears needed to balance out one another.

It is extremely difficult to balance out the resists with only swapping ONE gear. It also limits your gear choices as usually if you look for an exact % resists in an item it's crappy or not the one you want.

What I did (exactly):

1. Make it so that the lightning resist is 60% above ONE of either cold / fire resist, pick whichever (cold/fire) is higher. This should not be difficult, try to use AS FEW gears as possible. Like seriously make it so you have 0% ANY resist in all your rings or amulets it makes balancing much easier.

2. Afterwards, determine how many gears you need to match the lower resist to the higher one that is exactly 60% below lightning.

3. If it's in the sweet spot of between 20-50%, my suggestion is to open 2 poetrade screens, 1 with the gear you want to swap on (I highly, highly suggest the "balancing" gear to be a more general item- NOT STEEL RINGS, it's cheap, more choices, and easier to get high rolls - I used gloves/boots). The 2nd poetrade screen is for the 2nd balancing item - if the difference is lower than 20 - to be exact, between 12-15, I highly recommend jewels. You can get super cheap ones with 7% life + damage mod + 12-15% one res.

So real example: 83% light, 23% fire, -30% cold. (53% cold res needed)

On Poe trade, look for gloves/boots (whichever one you wanna replace) that has 38-41% cold resist, but no other resist mods, that have okayish rolls. And on another screen, jewels with 7% life, 12-15% cold res, and a damage mod. I am extremely sure you can end up with not so awful gear + balanced res with this. I did this 2-3 times already on the character.
Last edited by fwrento on Sep 22, 2017, 8:45:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info