[3.2] That Doomfletch Life | 3.1 VIDEO GUIDE UP! Tree/PoB | All Content | Reviews

"
Firestrike9 wrote:
Can someone give me a definitive answer on whats the best 6L Gem setup for Barrage if I want to kill shaper?
Currently using Barrage + WED + Slower Proj + Elemental Focus + Chance to bleed + Physical Projectile Attack Damage.

GMP was higher than almost every gem for a while, but Maim surpassed it for me. I currently run Barrage + WED + Elemental Focus (or a Crit gem for shock) + Chance to Bleed + Maim + PPAD. Path of Building will actually tell you which gems result in the biggest DPS increases, and you can adjust for quality and gem level.

"
Neronne wrote:
What's the point of balancing res if you space flasks ? You must use wise oak + ToH + Dying Sun in the same time to fully benefit wise oak ...

Because Guardians, for example, do not die instantly and staying alive is more important to me. In some cases, where add spawns are sparse, it can be more beneficial to use Wise Oak and Dying Sun/ToH separately to drag out your resistances being capped until the next wave of adds refills all of your flasks.

Hydra is one such boss, because it takes quite a few sets of adds to kill her, and she deals a tremendous amount of damage. Her AoE is tied to RNG and the random blasts of water going across during the fight with her can be deadly. Keeping cold capped is important to survival there.

Most bosses aren't capable of one-shotting me, so Enfeeble can cover gaps for me in most mapping cases. For Guardians, it's a necessity to prevent Minotaur or Phoenix from one-shotting me while face tanking.

"
My question is two fold....Wise Oak is REALLY hard to nail same/same/same resist cap but ya...is this how we get resist capped along with being a Pathfinder? Cuz I'm seeing a shortage of resistances.

Also, is another ascendancy out of the question or do we need to be Pathfinder for the flask perks to get resists?

I hope I have enough accuracy and the whole resists thing makes me really nervous. OP's gear is total standard league fantasy land and not reasonable to try and copy. I hope this is not going to be a waste of time lol

I'm running a Raider on an alt, and I just transferred all of my Pathfinder's gear over 1:1 (except Kaom's; can't wear it, and don't need it for leveling). Raider is great for mapping speed, but Pathfinder is the better boss killer. Deadeye doesn't have the speed or safety of the others, namely by not having an Elemental Status immunity.
Last edited by Eninya on Sep 18, 2017, 11:50:32 PM
"
Ahfack wrote:
"
Edzilla wrote:
"
Rolling with the doomfletch prism on my tornado shot raider and it's doing pretty good - Just a quick question though:

I'm playing HC and don't want to use Abyssus - will my damage still be pretty good without it? With just some Steel Rings and well rolled jewelry?

No input on this?

starks and the new Yriel's fostering chest would be great for HC

you need to concentrate on getting you life pool up, sans kaoms and going from there. Scale life pool/tankiness first, damage second. flat phys and wed/flat ele on EVERYTHING

Yeah, this is my tree for level 90. It's got 206% max life and IR - so it's pretty tanky. But you think Starks is good? I'll probably go with Belly and eventually Kaom's Heart. Yriel's Fostering does seem pretty nice though. But I dunno if I got the currency for it at the moment. I still need to 5link my bow.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Last edited by Edzilla on Sep 19, 2017, 12:21:54 AM
"
Ahfack wrote:
well...if you were pathfinder you wouldn't have to worry about flask uptime because it would most likely be up all the time. You just would need to do enough damage to deal with shaper quick enough. Doesn't have to be a one-shot, but enough to last through his adds, fill your flasks up again, then get him again.

I understand what you are saying here, but it seems that me and a few other people in this thread cannot reach that level of DPS due to lack of currency.

"
peterjai wrote:
What if you run out of flask charges while fighting a boss? I used all my flask charges but haven't killed the boss, then i died due to low resistances.

"
Neronne wrote:
I have an issue while balancing wise oak, my res are too low when i don't have flask up. Since you have dying sun + ToH your cold and fire res will be very low and light res will be descent
Against some bosses my flask are not up the whole time, meaning i'll have low fire and cold res during the rest of the fight... Loosing damage output and being exposed to high ele dmg taken.

"
Neronne wrote:
"
Eninya wrote:
Kill adds, kite, or space flasks. Wise Oak caps everything, and Taste of Hate is really for countering physical damage. Most flasks should last around 6 seconds.

What's the point of balancing res if you space flasks ? You must use wise oak + ToH + Dying Sun in the same time to fully benefit wise oak ...

So for us who do not have enough DPS to mow down the boss before flasks run out, is there anything we can change or should we just leave Guardians and Shaper till when we get better gear?

I also noticed that the Master Surgeon ascendancy was not picked. We will lose ~10% DPS, but does it work well enough to ensure that flasks can stay up permanently for budget builds?
Ok. So thanks to some kind soul on reddit discord we've managed to improve my map clear speed a bit (and save some money buying 2nd +1 arrow drillneck).

Spoiler

It costs something about 100-200c with 45%+ projectile damage so we're saving quite a lot of chaos instead of buying second +1 Drillneck which currently is 6-8 Exalted orbs (420-580 chaos) in HSC.

If you're concerened about your resistances not being balanced just because of this quiver, all i can tell you don't be. We don't need Wise Oak balance for clearing map trash, this is absolutely not necessary. I'm talking from my own experience using both quiver for clearing maps.

Seems like the aboslute way to go for map clearing setup. Link Tornado Shot to - GMP - PPAD/Ice Bite (PPAD worked for me waaay better) - Chain (instead of Pierce) - WED - Crit Strikes and spec out of all the points leading to Piercing Shot (as we mostly use them for map clearing speed) and invest them in Fangs of Frost (Frost Pen + Additional Cold Dmg dealt with attack skills). Since most of our damage come from Frost (at least mine do), we use Hatred/HoI/Taste of Hate it not only boost our map clear speed, but also ST DPS.

Also if anyone else is/was torn apart between choosing map clear skill (Lightning Arrow/Tornado Shot) - definitely go Tornado Shot if you can get the +Tornado Shot secondary projectile enchant. Otherwise Lightning Arrow/Ice Shot felt way better.

I didn't like the Abyssus, even with 6,3k Life, cuz i felt very vulnerable, even when mapping (might just be me) so my helmet of choice was:

for mapping (with TS secondary projectile enchant and:

for bossing (Shaper/Guardians) with +2 barrage enchant (which is very cheap in comparsion to +2 Barrage Rat's Nest/Tempest's Binding and of course:

Just try my suggested map clearing setup and i promise you won't be dissapointed as it improves your clear speed and single target damage and saves you a lot of money buying 2nd +1 Arrow Drillneck.
Last edited by szulerecki on Sep 19, 2017, 4:09:32 AM
"
szulerecki wrote:
Ok. So thanks to some kind soul on reddit discord we've managed to improve my map clear speed a bit (and save some money buying 2nd +1 arrow drillneck).

Spoiler

It costs something about 100-200c with 45%+ projectile damage so we're saving quite a lot of chaos instead of buying second +1 Drillneck which currently is 6-8 Exalted orbs (420-580 chaos) in HSC.

If you're concerened about your resistances not being balanced just because of this quiver, all i can tell you don't be. We don't need Wise Oak balance for clearing map trash, this is absolutely not necessary. I'm talking from my own experience using both quiver for clearing maps.

Seems like the aboslute way to go for map clearing setup. Link Tornado Shot to - GMP - PPAD/Ice Bite (PPAD worked for me waaay better) - Chain (instead of Pierce) - WED - Crit Strikes and spec out of all the points leading to Piercing Shot (as we mostly use them for map clearing speed) and invest them in Fangs of Frost (Frost Pen + Additional Cold Dmg dealt with attack skills). Since most of our damage come from Frost (at least mine do), we use Hatred/HoI/Taste of Hate it not only boost our map clear speed, but also ST DPS.

I'm a bit confused, if money is an issue why not just use another Drillneck without +1 arrow?
"
Emanon wrote:
"
szulerecki wrote:

Spoiler

I'm a bit confused, if money is an issue why not just use another Drillneck without +1 arrow?

Because regular drillneck is affordable by mostly anyone and +1 Drillneck is not. It's middle ground and Rigwald's Quills is way better than regular Drillneck. Also, after PoBing my char quite a lot seems like

is better for single target DPS than +1 Arrow Drillneck. Yes i've tried with and without pierce nodes/gems. But also cost almost double the +1 Drillneck, so...

I'd even argue if

is better than perf rolled Ele Atziri's Promise (DMG Wise) with the full tree nodes presented in this guide (no Fangs of Frost actually chokes ToH DPS gain), but on the other hand ToH also grants you some more surivability.
Last edited by szulerecki on Sep 19, 2017, 8:43:43 AM
"
szulerecki wrote:
Rigwald's Quills is way better than regular Drillneck.

That's the part I'm confused about. My PoB is showing that a regular Drillneck that costs less than 10c gives much higher DPS so I'm not sure what makes Rigwald's Quills better.
"
"
Ahfack wrote:
You got it man!

Your last link in 6L barrage if you are NOT point blank, should be slower proj, if you ARE point blank, then inc crit strikes.

Your last link in 6L TS should be Crit strikes.

Care to explain this bit please? What BP has to do with slower proj? New to this and a noob in general :)
"
Emanon wrote:
"
szulerecki wrote:
Rigwald's Quills is way better than regular Drillneck.

That's the part I'm confused about. My PoB is showing that a regular Drillneck that costs less than 10c gives much higher DPS so I'm not sure what makes Rigwald's Quills better.

For regular mapping Rigwald's is very good because of the free fork. Your projectiles pierce first and then fork. It's a QoL feature not for DPS.
Build works with atziri acuity?

my best farm in league. RNGesus IS real!

Spoiler

Drop from 10 sets Uber Atziri.
Last edited by Extremo_X on Sep 19, 2017, 11:38:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info