Constant disconnects when loading zones

I keep getting "an unexpected disconnection occurred" everytime: i log in, i use a waypoint, i'm using a tp, i go to someone else hideout and when i'm in loading screen! This game is perfect....love it..
bump
i am going to tell you the same thing support just told me and it seems to work

switch to direct x 9 or 9ex in game

its under options on the first page close to the bottom

for most it well say direct x 11

use the drop down and change it to a 9 so far after doing this i havent had problems
"
Turalyon288 wrote:
The pattern is too repeated for it being coincidental.

When I start the game (via steam), the following ALWAYS happens:

I get to the server screen - I hit Login
I get to the character screen - I hit play

Then the game loads for about a minute and then, EVERY TIME, I get the disconnect message "Your authentication for instance transfer was invalid."

Then I log in again, hit play again. Then the game loads for another minute (the cogwheels stand still after 5 seconds) until I'm thrown back to the server screen with the "An unexpected disconnection occured"

After a third login, the game loads normally.

And, when I have played two locations, always two, and I try to enter another one, the game ALWAYS gives me another "An unexpected disconnection occured" message

That happens EVERY SINGLE TIME I play.

That's EXACTLY what happens to me also. Cannot be coincidence. Described it few posts before:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1933509/page/60#p14845179

I have also reported this (and whole thread) to mail GGG support, but without any concrete answer yet...
GGG gets a crash report after you restart the client after you disconnect/crash. They probably won't come to a 60 some odd page thread. They get a crap ton of telemetry from those crash reports, which contain way more information than "I've disconnected changing areas/loading a zone".
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Last edited by Aragorn14 on Sep 17, 2017, 7:29:07 AM
I am trying to complete merciless lab for my new toon. Every time you change to another part of the lab you are opening a new instance. Every time you fight Izzy you are creating a new instance. I am not talking here about the two or three tries you must go thru to just boot up the game. Today it took me four tries before I could get online.

By my calculations you have about a 42% chance of any new instance crashing. Do the math folks! I cannot complete the lab not because I have been killed. I haven't. I cannot complete the lab because of the damn disconnections.

POE is a game of changing instances. You go to town, then your hideout, then you open a map and go for it. I defy you to do all these things in a row without disconnection!!

Come on folks. This game is almost unplayable there no defense against a DC. No amount of "getting gud" is going to help.

In fact I am good, I haven't died except due to lag or DC.

Please fix this wonderful game and I promise I will buy all kinds of stuff I really want more things but not for a game I CANNOT PLAY.
"
soloni wrote:
i am going to tell you the same thing support just told me and it seems to work

switch to direct x 9 or 9ex in game

its under options on the first page close to the bottom

for most it well say direct x 11

use the drop down and change it to a 9 so far after doing this i havent had problems

seems everyone is just whining and spamming in these threads, and nobody reads other peoples answers

if you have DCs while zoning -> DX9Ex

if you have freezes under DX9Ex (scorching ray users get them, maybe others too) -> disable multithreading

if disabling multithreading causes massive lags -> texture filtering down to trilinear

its not pretty but it works!
Switching to 9ex doesn't help with the DCs. I don't think it's related to graphics.
DCs have been less frequent for me lately, but I still sometimes get them during peak hours.

EDIT: Yes, I am on DX9
Last edited by PoofySleeves on Sep 19, 2017, 8:48:04 PM
Bump.. Fix this already please

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info