Constant disconnects when loading zones

"
MFairfax wrote:
I think it's a matter of willingness to spend money. Servers are expensive. Servers that lag everything must be much cheaper. Perhaps it's as simple as that.

I doubt that it's as simple as that.

For one, I tried several different gateways with the same result, while other players I asked about seem completely fine for that matter.

Also, my internet is sporadically slow every few seconds (guessed) and I notice that while browsing. Here and there it is absolutely slow, as if there were some sort of DNS delay.

When I happen to load into another zone/instance during 'the slow', there is a chance that I get disconnected by the server as it doesn't get a response from my client within the time limit set on the server.

Once I'm in zones it's perfectly fine.
Same for like streams on my browser etc. Once the site is loaded it works as intended. Only when it needs to load new resources it's slow.
With slow I really mean that it's not responding for a short time.

This hints to some sort of relay problem or something like that.
I didn't see any ping related problems during the transition into other zones or during normal play, when the browser sill has problems loading a page for a bit.

It almost looks like the PoE client is routing all the connections through a bad DNS server.

Note that all this is just a guess. I have no hard proof of any of this, but it makes sense in my head.

Also, the problems are limited only to this local machine when the PoE client is running. No other machines experience any of the mentioned problems.

As soon as I close the client, no problems while browsing whatsoever.

I may do some more extensive testing to find out where my internet is being routed through if I find the time.

If this happens to be true, I really don't appreciate that all my local connections are being routed by a companies application.
If I want that, I have a VPN client!

Could any of the staff please look into it and explain what exactly is happening regarding the routing?

EDIT:
To be precise, the problem occurs once the client swaps to another server.
This can be in uber lab, in someone's ho (when trading) or any map or area.
The connection seems to time out randomly when trying to connect to the new server where the new instance is located.
This only happens every few instance swaps and is not related to a number of swaps.

Still can't figure out why it affects my browser etc!

I'm not skilled enough to do extensive testing with wireshark etc. Although it is GGG's support who should actually be doing that!
I'd like to think that they are, but since, again, they didn't reply here not even once, I have troubles thinking that they are working on it somehow.
Last edited by happylittletree on Sep 9, 2017, 7:22:39 AM
I am glad that worked for you. Some really good ideas being shown here. Some days are better than others. Todays gaming for me wasn't the worst, only disconnected 5 times completely, changing towns can be a problem and was today, got booted to login then it worked sorta.

Good luck guys.
I have suspicions that it has something to do with how ISPs connect to the instance servers.

I have constant disconnects joining instances (even the towns from logging in at times). I've done my fair bit of troubleshooting - 1) switching game servers, 2) running different graphical settings, 3) trying wired or wireless internet connections (but from the same provider) with no avail.

However, everything works fine when I did a tether from my phone's data plan. Taking the best example of a map where you have 6 portals. I opened the map when I was connected to my ISP, tried joining it thrice and got disconnected thrice. Swapped to my phone's data plan, and could enter, leave and rejoin it twice. Once I switched back to the ISP for the last portal again, I disconnected again upon rejoining.

This is my personal experience with troubleshooting this issue. And I have to say, this is not a solution, because tethering from a data plan I don't get good connection performance (laggy), and mobile data is limited.

TL;DR: My guess is that it has to do with specific ISPs and how they connect to instance servers.

Perhaps others would like to share their experiences?
Mostly I've given up on POE and it's great game. At least it was great until the "improved" it.

Since the last patch I can't play. My stuff can be invisible both personal and the stash are just not there. I can hover over stuff but it's invisible.

Herald of Ash puts square black boxes on my hands and lacerate puts out waves of blackness that cannot be seen through. Monsters are big clouds of black in which nothing can be seen. Lacerate with multistrike will still hit them but you can react to them because you can't see them.

Please GGG bring back our game. I can't play this shit. Please do something!!!!!!!
As a Spectres player this is beyond annoying, 100% crash when i go to town or enter the first Beachhead in a rotation. I'm quite surprised GGG didn't say anything yet taking into account the ammount of affected users.
A build that only has might is not mighty.
ADAPT OR RIP!
Last edited by KuaiGon on Sep 10, 2017, 2:20:08 PM
"
jaeden wrote:
I have suspicions that it has something to do with how ISPs connect to the instance servers.

I have constant disconnects joining instances (even the towns from logging in at times). I've done my fair bit of troubleshooting - 1) switching game servers, 2) running different graphical settings, 3) trying wired or wireless internet connections (but from the same provider) with no avail.

However, everything works fine when I did a tether from my phone's data plan. Taking the best example of a map where you have 6 portals. I opened the map when I was connected to my ISP, tried joining it thrice and got disconnected thrice. Swapped to my phone's data plan, and could enter, leave and rejoin it twice. Once I switched back to the ISP for the last portal again, I disconnected again upon rejoining.

This is my personal experience with troubleshooting this issue. And I have to say, this is not a solution, because tethering from a data plan I don't get good connection performance (laggy), and mobile data is limited.

TL;DR: My guess is that it has to do with specific ISPs and how they connect to instance servers.

Perhaps others would like to share their experiences?

Thanks for your feedback.

I don't have a data plan but I already tried it with different VPN server (within the same country) and had the same problem.
VPN means different ISP and DNS, for the ones who don't know.
Hi,
Some news ?
Please GGG , can we have an awser about this problems ?

My wife and me play together on PoE. I have no problems, somes crash in Beachead sometimes but not a lot.
We use same connection, my wife crash somethink like 20 times/day... And die often ... Portals disapear. Impossible for her to go in Beachead.
If there is a Hardbinger --> Crash.
Rampart map, Blood aqueduc, Whakawarua strand map -> impossible to play
On day, she got some loot from an hardbinger, she took it, she crash and when came back in game everything disapear. What the fuck ...

Say something please.
I played more than 2300hours at this game, never saw this before.
https://fr.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/70 Guilde Pantheon Francais
https://www.facebook.com/groups/213711515316599/ Groupe Facebook Pantheon Francais
The pattern is too repeated for it being coincidental.

When I start the game (via steam), the following ALWAYS happens:

I get to the server screen - I hit Login
I get to the character screen - I hit play

Then the game loads for about a minute and then, EVERY TIME, I get the disconnect message "Your authentication for instance transfer was invalid."

Then I log in again, hit play again. Then the game loads for another minute (the cogwheels stand still after 5 seconds) until I'm thrown back to the server screen with the "An unexpected disconnection occured"

After a third login, the game loads normally.

And, when I have played two locations, always two, and I try to enter another one, the game ALWAYS gives me another "An unexpected disconnection occured" message

That happens EVERY SINGLE TIME I play.
seems like changing compatibility to run as admin helped the situation , will comment more if anything new came up
Having the same issue. No update on this yet?

Playing on the Brasil gateway.
Potato girl keeps on runnin'

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info