Constant disconnects when loading zones

@Ziumbala's method is unfortunately not working for me. I tried to find a solution, but I was defeated. I just wait for now. Maybe GGG or someone find a way how to fix those DC problems. Good luck.
Zoning through the game Restart = New POE reality =)
ing Ubervalg \ FutureRAMA
First case (laptops or pcs with 2 video cards: one integrated and one dedicated)
- run the game with dedicated card
- run the game with administrator run
- at loging screen: click options, tick vsync, untick dynamic resolution, chose directx9, shadows to off, all to minimum, triliniar etc.
- try to play.
Yes, i know, you will remove the dynamic resolution, but it looks like that is the problem.

In case there is someone that has a single video card, without integrated one, or someone with dual vcards, post here pls.
"
zodiac_sj wrote:
First case (laptops or pcs with 2 video cards: one integrated and one dedicated)
- run the game with dedicated card
- run the game with administrator run
- at loging screen: click options, tick vsync, untick dynamic resolution, chose directx9, shadows to off, all to minimum, triliniar etc.
- try to play.
Yes, i know, you will remove the dynamic resolution, but it looks like that is the problem.

In case there is someone that has a single video card, without integrated one, or someone with dual vcards, post here pls.

Might be GPU related, since some people can go through the same content at the same time without a crash or a disconnect. I have my integrated GPU disabled and only use the GTX 980Ti.

I, myself, got stuck right after the waypoint in Grand Arena, where I could not zone between first areas without an application crash. Tried clearing/disabling shader cache, changing gateways, fiddling with the graphics settings - disabling vsync, unticking dynamic resolution, changing between DX11 and DX9, even tried the standalone version, since I use the Steam version - nothing helped at all.

Could've played with more settings to try and pinpoint the culprit, but the situation really killed my mood yesterday, so I just went to bed.
I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
people are having these game-breaking bugs (myself included) and ggg is busy selling mtx instead. thanks ggg.
i get everytime wehn im try to reviving an windows error "PathOfExile_x64Steam stopped working" anyone have the same problem?
I just started to experience this today. There's no problem at all yesterday.
I even got my pc BSOD when poe crashed.

Tried every single solution ppl posted, as well as that bsod fix I found on the internet (driver reinstall, chkdsk, defragment, bad registry, etc) nothing works :(
Tried to run other games to see if its my pc's fault. Other games run normal (tw:wh and bf1 30 min each, while I can barely get poe running up to 5 min)

I just spent whole 7 hours trying to figure out how the hell I can get thru mud flats in act 6 without my game crashing, but it keeps crashing.

I wish the guys at ggg will look into this matters cause it was running real smooth yesterday.
IGN: JagdGard, Gisena, Reivelt, ManamiKato

The only limitation to you is in your head
Actualy the game can change automaticaly the resolution or what video card are you using after disconnect, even windowed/fullscreen mode. It looks like a problem from the game itself that need to be corrected by GGG with a patch. But ofc, they don't care to much about this problem as long top players don't have the problem. Also, this problem was present in beta too and what i found rude is to restrict the access of regular people to that information, because you can find a resolve there.

Edit: i found that running with integrated video card i get less d/c then dedicated video card.
Last edited by zodiac_sj on Aug 7, 2017, 5:58:03 AM
Are the servers massively overloaded or something? I'm on the Australian gateway.

I gave up on the first Labyrinth because I kept getting disconnected halfway through when zoning between sections.

Even in places you can town portal from/to, portals are destroyed when you disconnect/reconnect so you can't even lay one down as insurance just before changing zones.
Hi There,

The same for me, and it s real boring to have the game stop responding one tp over two ;(
But we are a lot to have the same problem...
I tried every things:

Re dl 3 times
Path of exile error scan.. Nothing
Scan steam... Nothing
Test oher games bo problem..
My config is op and new i7 7 a 1080, 32 go rams Windows 10..
Try others direct x.. No way..
Try to make a goats sacrifice in the Garden.. Not work..

Plz Can wr have some help??

Thanks

Initial post https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1939270

In Burst I trust!!!
Last edited by Fürax on Aug 7, 2017, 6:11:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info