Horrible Fps since 3.0

"
Crazy1984 wrote:
same problems here since 3.0... tried many many fixes: uninstalled everything clean and reinstalled PoE, uninstalled GPU Driver clean and reinstalled, switched PoE off my SSD to HDD, fiddled around with my processor settings, sound settings and my GPU settings alot.

I7-4770k + GTX 1060 here. No problems in other games except D3 (some tiny lags), but well this has a shit engine too ^^

Since 3.0 i drop in regular fights to 30 or even 20 fps and its spiking like crazy

But well, im happy you guys post here and raise the voice. Was sure im in the minority here ^^

-
Nope many ppl having that problem about 40% of my FL are gone since 3.0 including ppl who spent enough Cash for Beta Invitation

We only can hope that the will hear us once the XBox lauch is done

*Free Termites for all*
KWIW
Good job GGG, good job. Earlier your game just looked like a sh#t, but now it in addition lag like a sh#t.

"
rau1duke wrote:
Good job GGG, good job. Earlier your game just looked like a sh#t, but now it in addition lag like a sh#t.

If you're only contribution is unconstructive, small-minded stupid posts like this please piss-of to the Reddit where they generally belong.
“Close your eyes and let the mind expand. Let no fear of death or darkness arrest its course. Allow the mind to merge with Mind. Let it flow out upon the great curve of consciousness. Let it soar on the wings of the great bird of duration, up to the very Circle of Eternity.”
"
Crasss wrote:
"
rau1duke wrote:

If you're only contribution is unconstructive, small-minded stupid posts like this please piss-of to the Reddit where they generally belong.

And what are you bringing to the thread yourself ? Except a small minded opinion about Reddit ? Those whiteknights ... You got a report option if you don't like a post, so you're contribution is unconstructive aswell.
At least i hope you will learn the report button with mine.
Pas ici pour rendre service ;).
Un jeu avec autant de qualités que de défauts, malheureusement ignorés et soutenus par une marée de supporters nolifes sans aucune objectivité.
pls guys.. dont hate each other. i dont want this thread to get closed. i want that we get the help we need. most of us dont even play the game now cause its no fun at all and believe me at least i want to play hard. was my most productive league until 3.0.1 hits the server. so pls fight via pm or at best dont fight. ty :)
my fps drops from 60 to 20 when there is burning ground. Would be nice if we could get simpler graphics to which we can switch if we have problems with that.

Edit: Some disable all player effects would be cool too...

Edit2: You could sell that option as microtransition, i would pay for it..
Last edited by mchang on Aug 31, 2017, 9:26:32 AM
I've noticed that between the times I played at launch, 1.2, 2.3, and now 3.0, all of the old particle effects for spells, MTX, and environments were never optimized. Some of the newer visuals don't lag, things introduced much more recently. However, older effects like any ground effect on a map mod, crush my framerate to this day. It runs exactly like it did on release day. I've conducted all the same optimizations back then as I did now, including more with the new graphics features. To no surprise, no graphics option affects this. Breaches, Harbingers, party play in general, MTX heavy players, and any other old effect from the older days of this game still destroys my frame rate. The only thing I haven't done is RAMdisk the entire game, which is a ludicrous notion in and of itself to fix an FPS problem. I quit hardcore in this game because I dislike conducting combat at 20-40 FPS, sometimes less.

Windows 7 64-bit (in all setups)
My specs back during 1.2 and earlier with the same effect/particle-related lag:
AMD Phenom II X4 945
Old MSI MOBO (cannot recall the model, but it wasn't bad)
6 gigs of 1333 Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM
Radeon 4850 HD
SB Audigy 2 ZS Gold
The game was installed on a Kingston SSD Stripe (Raid 0) for instant loads. I had the Shader cache on a RAMdisk, but it didn't really help. GGPK was defragmented, and the config file was heavily tweaked for performance.

Currently, including some overlap with 2.3:
i5-4690k
MSI Z97 Gaming 5
8 Gigs of Corsair 1333 Mhz RAM (9-9-9-24 iirc)
GTX 970 4 Gig Windforce (stock clocks with boost enabled)
Samsung EVO 500 gig SSD (TRIM enabled, ofc)
ASUS Xonar DGX

I had also used a Phenom II X6 1100T BE at stock (3.3ghz) and overclocked (as high as 4.0 ghz) with a Radeon 7870 prior to doing a full upgrade..

I've tweaked up and down Nvidia Inspector and the Control Panel. GGPK is defragmented, I've played with the graphics options in-game. Drivers are updated (including BIOS), and I only have my GPU driver (no GeForce Experience crap). I've played with HPET settings (properly; CMD console as well as BIOS settings). I've used software sound and standard. I've tried Windowed and Fullscreen. VSync and just a frame limiter. Config file tweaking just like before. I run virtually nothing but necessary system processes in the background, as I've disabled all unnecessary system services. I've gone and removed all of Microsoft's burdensome telemetry updates to windows. I've used Lockstep (stable 50 FPS to Washington and Texas servers), and Predictive (much less sluggish and not prone to random stutters). DirectX9, DX9EX, DX11, all the same. Engine multithreading functions, but its impact for me is minor. It alleviates some stutter, but doesn't help overall framerate. I've disabled the chat logging function and cleared the map cache as well.

Heat isn't an issue (and never has been), as I always check that if I'm getting performance problems. I rebuilt my PC with additional air flow and watercooling, so no surprise that isn't causing trouble now, either.

There isn't much else I could do to try and make this game run better. It has always run terribly, and continues to do so. Framerate is erratic, and the only place I even get good FPS anymore is in my hideout. Even in town it tanks due to all of the MTX players have now. Just firing my Lightning Arrow into a pack of mobs causes a small hiccup/dip in FPS.

I've played this game off and on for years, from its official release, and here and there, to now. Mostly, I played hardcore leagues in the beginning. But the awful performance of this game is a huge downer and saps the enjoyment from the endgame. Playing with others is actively discouraged because of this performance. Running in 6 man parties for master rotations is all I can stomach because 13-20 FPS is not enjoyable.

I didn't play in 2.6, so I don't know if it ran better then. This is really the only game I can't get a stable 60 FPS out of in all but the most desolate of places, and only the second game I've ever quit purely on the basis of performance issues. If this game ran like Diablo 3, it would be a much nicer experience.
Last edited by Eninya on Aug 31, 2017, 7:33:58 PM
Same problem here. Terrible fps/resolution. Have an i7 and radeon 7850
bump.
Game is cancer, cant finish my challenges, same shit like breaches or perandus from witch i lack challenges.
tried ultra low graphics and 800x600 resolution in witch i cant see anything, still shit, 3 fps.
Any player can design a build that works,
but it takes a casual player to design a build that barely works.
Last edited by assamite1 on Aug 31, 2017, 5:45:05 PM
"
rau1duke wrote:

+1

They seem not to care.. instead of fixing problems.. they are launching more stuff and making more MTX shit.. but never try to fix the issue that the masses are having.. as long as the top 5% are paying and they are getting money.. screw the rest of the player base..
Last edited by Hijjawi on Sep 1, 2017, 1:59:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info