[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

"
mangalower wrote:

Controlled Destruction stats
Only for hard bosses
uber Izaro died in 1 second
Spoiler

Why don´t you put Fire Penetration in your staff?

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Dec 12, 2017, 11:45:44 AM
"
redix27 wrote:

For more tooltip DPS of course! *giggle*.

No but really, fire penetration is much better. OP should use it.

Also 4k4 life with Kaom. Damn! That INT looks really juicy thou.

IGN: _Gaia_

Where to download my hideout: https://poe.house/hideout/76oNuBpb

Where to trade currency between leagues: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2156864
Last edited by _Gaia_ on Dec 12, 2017, 11:56:42 AM
"
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Just one problem with it - no resists. Especially if you want to use Kaom's Heart. I guess Kraityn for +15% all res instead of 2 skill points is always an option.

Hi, Kel! We still can use rare amul with 80+ int, life and res. Essense crafted belt is much harder to get...

Good point. Slightly less INT on the amulet is totally worth it. Astra had 2 reasons to be used: high INT and helping with Str/Dex requirements. But the new unique belt will take care of that. We can finally drop Astra!

"
Ngzpro wrote:
In the leveling guide you recommend this "At this point your staff should have these gems: Scorching Ray - CwC, Cold To Fire, Concentrated Effect, Fire Penetration (5S), Elemental Focus (6S)." I currently have a 6 socket staff and was wondering if this is the correct layout. Under the gear in the 3.0 that you had in Harbinger the Gems were places just a little different with Elemental focus outside of the 4 link and Concentrated effect in the 4 link.

The only required link is Scorching Ray - CwC. The rest of the gems can be anywhere. Icestorm uses all support gems without the need to link them.

"
Graiaule wrote:
You sure you're limited to 1 curse even with the Asenath gloves? The mobs appear to have both the temporal chain and the enfeeble halo on them when I use the gloves.

Asenath gloves don't grant an extra curse. You are just seeing interchanging TC/Enfeeble icons on the mobs because the curses constantly re-apply and overwrite each other. But you won't see both curses on the same mob at the same time.

Asenath becomes detrimental to the build around Act 8-9 and needs to be replaced.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 12, 2017, 12:13:04 PM
"
redix27 wrote:
"
mangalower wrote:

Because it is a universal staff
its current socket colors BBBBBR
For FP need BBBBRR

for map cleearing i use Spell Cascade
for max dps boss kiling need second staff ( CWC+SR+FP+EF+CE+CtF)
"
redix27 wrote:
"
mangalower wrote:

Controlled Destruction stats
Only for hard bosses
uber Izaro died in 1 second

Use FP over CD. It's much better. I know that PoB shows higher damage with CD, but it's wrong. I've tried CD and it sucks compared to FP.

"
mangalower wrote:
Because it is a universal staff
its current socket colors BBBBBR
For FP need BBBBRR

for map cleearing i use Spell Cascade
for max dps boss kiling need second staff ( CWC+SR+FP+EF+CE+CtF)

Use BBBBRR and swap CE for Spell Cascade for the clearing. It works better.

SC is totally awesome. It makes the Abysses easy. And it will be super useful for HoGM. You can easily off-screen anything with it.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 12, 2017, 12:19:19 PM
thx Kelvynn

your BBBBRR CWC+SR+EF+CtF+FP+SC(CE for bosses) is perfect
Damn, I'm soooo busy this week, only have like 2 hr to play per day. But it's so worth checking the market early in the league.

for 4c! I found something like this at the start of the previous last league too. Grab this stuff before the prices go up!
So Cyclopean Coil is the new official BIS ?
---
"
Kelemn wrote:
So Cyclopean Coil is the new official BIS ?

Dunno if it's BiS compared to a rare Elder belt, but it's pretty damn good.

There's one up for 2c that was corrupted to give a level 15 Purity of Elements, so roughly 22% to all resists in exchange for at most 40 max life.
Last edited by Graiaule on Dec 12, 2017, 6:25:15 PM
Finally made the switch at level 51 (currency issues). Spent 2 chaos and 4 alchs getting 5 socket WI staff, Icetomb, Black Sun Crest and 2 x Brute Force Solutions. I'm absolutely destroying mobs, it's glorious. Life leech from Normal lab ascendancy is doing fine, I won't take Vaal Pact yet.

4-link Sunder with self-found/self-crafted weapons was great. I took a different pathing to Duelist to get some melee damage and some at Marauder start which carried me. Of course I'll refund these points later but it was totally worth it.
Timezone: GMT +10 (Australia). CASUAL player but I play whenever I can.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info