[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

"
4ethe1w01f wrote:
"
NeverSober wrote:
Do you have the latest version of Path of building?

When I try to import the pastas you gave it says 'Invalid tree link (unknown version number '202#######' )

Maybe it's something on my end ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i do have the latest, kinda hard not to when it autochecks every time you open it. and i actually had the same problem when i made those and had to fix them. i'm sorry though, i really don't know what to tell you.

EDIT: best i could do real quick-likie:

tree
https://imgur.com/RXKWKWz

asc
https://imgur.com/39zwTdl

Thanks for your time and the pictures dude.
Got lv76, new items and new passive tree

Seems that in this league you need more damage for leeching fast..only 2.6K hp and MOM (about 3.8K Ehp) but trying T3-T4 alchemy´s map and no deaths atm. Still not lucky with 6s (spent about 220 jewels).

Passive Tree

Gear
Spoiler

Damage Ice Storm
Spoiler

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
My notes for the build this league:

-Cascade is amazing for clear and can easily be swapped for elemental focus on hard, small bosses like shaper.
-
gives you shock and ignite immunity and a huge int boost. It's inferior to a well rolled essenced elder belt, but that will be a very hard item to make.
-Astramentis is not as important as it used to be with the extra 30 dex from the tree. I picked up
for 1c and it's about the same damage as an average roll astramentis.
-You can trade 40 mana regen for 10int and 20str by pathing above ancestral knowledge instead of through the center.
"
Shinsoo wrote:

-Cascade is amazing for clear and can easily be swapped for elemental focus on hard, small bosses like shaper.

Now i have 20 FPS (down from 90 )
"
Shinsoo wrote:

Hey, thanks, this is amasing! fps down but all screen full of storm and pretty fast for leveling:)
"
redix27 wrote:
Still not lucky with 6s (spent about 220 jewels).

"Not lucky"? Right...

With vorici you need 350 jewels for 100% 6s.
You know what is "not lucky"? It's when you spent so much, when it was cheaper to do with vorici, and still don't get what you wanted...

You still spent twice less than vorici/jeweller's touch, so you are certainly in a "lucky" group. Don't even try to object.
"
DBAWolflord wrote:
Thank you for your guide! I love Whispering Ice!

In your leveling guide 1-38 you write...

"
- Up from the Marauder start
- Born To Fight
- Harrier
- Constitution

I think instead of Harrier, you mean Shaper?

Oops! Fixed. Thanks.

"
Richu wrote:
so you can do 40 challenges with this in 3.1?

That's the plan.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 11, 2017, 12:27:31 PM
I've started my WI char in the league, can look at the char AbyssWIZ and import him into PoB. Unfortunately, I don't have as much time to play PoE right now as I would like, so it's a bit slow for me at the moment.

Updating the leveling guide as I progress. Apparently, I miscalculated the points at about lv 60-70, so I arrived at the planned lv 73 tree at lv 69. But we'll need some more life anyway.

Got to Act 10 with a 4S staff bought for 1c and only a couple of deaths (those Abyss things make for a steep learning curve). A little bit of luck: dropped an exalt, so now I have Astra, a 6S staff and some budget for more upgrades.

The nerf on VP feels in this way: you need to do more DPS earlier now. 40% leech is still fine, especially after you do the Cruel lab and get Cloaked in Savagery. But you need the sheer amount of damage to feel comfortable. Merc lab was pretty bad on the 2nd day (curses + gargs), I tried with 4S and got killed. But with 6S it wasn't bad at all.

One mistake in gearing was holding me back: I bought the Asenath gloves early for 1 alc, and it was nice for the early acts. Slowing everything was cool, and I couldn't afford Enfeeble at that time either. But later on it made things harder, since you can have only 1 curse. TC is not the curse you should be using in Act 9-10. So if you are running with Asenath's - replace it by Act 9 and start using Enfeeble. It makes things a whole lot easier.

Now I'm just starting on the maps. Gonna try Spell Cascade for clear speed, which should also be good for the Abysses.

And I'm SO glad that I'm not playing in HC. With all this new stuff going on, you can't possibly have any fun in HC. I already saw every streamer die at least once, can't imagine how bad it is for the regular HC players.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 11, 2017, 12:49:07 PM
I'm having issues with labirynth traps with this build and don't know how to fix it ^_^ using 2x life flask one instant and one HoT, basalt, quicksilver and sulphur, still traps just melt me. Never had those issues with any other build i played. Any suggestions how to fix that?
Sounds like we have a new best belt: Cyclopean Coil
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cyclopean_Coil

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info