[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

Question about whispering ice.

If 1400 int = 140% spell dmg?

cant I just get more dmg by taking nodes combining elemental, spell, and cold dmg combined = alot more than 140%?

The reason I ask this is because of the pathing like, into the duelist area just to take the 30 int node, = 3% spell dmg? couldnt i get alot more taking spell damage nodes?

Please help me understand what I'm missing here?
Last edited by Fraktal_ on Dec 12, 2017, 10:17:52 PM
"
Fraktal_ wrote:

cant I just get more dmg by taking nodes combining elemental, spell, and cold dmg combined = alot more than 140%?

The reason I ask this is because of the pathing like, into the duelist area just to take the 30 int node, = 3% spell dmg? couldnt i get alot more taking spell damage nodes?

Pathing into Duelist is for Vaal Pact. If you take the Dex nodes on the right side (coming down from the top) you can use the jewel slot to convert Dex to Int. The +30 Int node is probably just because you're already going past it.. one passive for +30 Int is pretty good.

Whispering Ice and Black Sun Crest give you % increased Int - so your flat Int is being multiplied a lot.

Int is great because it gives us damage AND gives us the Mana we need for Mind Over Matter which greatly increases our effective health pool. More Int = more damage, more survivability and of course more damage means a better Vaal Pact.

As for using another class - of course you *could* do that, but Berserker gives us base life leech and the all important Cloaked In Savagery notable. The notable that gives 40% more damage is also really really good.
Timezone: GMT +10 (Australia). CASUAL player but I play whenever I can.
"
Fraktal_ wrote:

If 1400 int = 140% spell dmg?

Ice storm skill deals 1–3 base cold Damage per 10 Intelligence and add 0.15 seconds to skill effect base duration per 100 intelligence. That's what we take int for, %spell dmg in staff is just a bonnus.
In late game(1300+ int), pure 10 int give me alot more dps than 10% spell dmg.

Last edited by ngtrungkhanh on Dec 12, 2017, 11:15:59 PM
Thanks for the reply's i wanna try this build think it will be ok to start without having int rolls on all my jewelry and stuff?
"
Fraktal_ wrote:
Thanks for the reply's i wanna try this build think it will be ok to start without having int rolls on all my jewelry and stuff?

Should be okay. Just make sure you use 2 x Brute Force Solution and/or Fertile Mind (depending on where you socket them) right off the bat, and that you've pathed to Elemental Overload and got Int elsewhere too. Kelvynn has listed his level 39 starter gear on the first page of the post to give you an idea. I've got a bit over 500 Int at level 54 and cruising along at my level so yeah at least initially you don't need to worry *too* much about adding Int everywhere.
Timezone: GMT +10 (Australia). CASUAL player but I play whenever I can.
"
systemdown wrote:

Just make sure you use 2 x Brute Force Solution and/or Fertile Mind (depending on where you socket them) right off the bat, and that you've pathed to Elemental Overload and got Int elsewhere too.

Pathing down the lower right side spends 4 passive points to get at most 54 int, probably not the best use of the points.

So if you don't do that, then you only need 1 Brute Force and 1 Fertile Mind.
Now at lvl 65 and act 9 and all goes smooth. only 3 death because of dump playing.

have only 4 link staff til now and thats not a problem. dont found an ex :-( and only 10 chaos. now i will try to get the chaos recipe.
Wich the jewels i think the abyss jewels will be much more better then the one you buy. but for 4 chaos its a famous deal.
got a 18 ws staff for 2c early.

It only me or has other players the same thing. til lvl 35 the abyss loot was much better then now. every abyys i had 2 yellow and one blue gem. Now at 64 i have often only one blue.
Or is that all about rnd luck?
"
Now at lvl 65 and act 9 and all goes smooth. only 3 death because of dump playing.

have only 4 link staff til now and thats not a problem. dont found an ex :-( and only 10 chaos. now i will try to get the chaos recipe.
Wich the jewels i think the abyss jewels will be much more better then the one you buy. but for 4 chaos its a famous deal.
got a 18 ws staff for 2c early.

It only me or has other players the same thing. til lvl 35 the abyss loot was much better then now. every abyys i had 2 yellow and one blue gem. Now at 64 i have often only one blue.
Or is that all about rnd luck?

Play with rarity gear
Spoiler

and alchemy all maps :-)

Also you can put IIR GEM in your staff if 6s

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Dec 13, 2017, 7:15:41 AM
wow
the heup i dont think about. maps i dont do til now because act 9 and to do one act.
but the heup is a great idea. thank for the advice
Ever considered using the chaos golem with the lab helmet enchant?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info