[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

and here's a pic from someone on reddit, since wiki is kind of half trash right now...

https://gyazo.com/0b759af28f905f2b14e560d466fc37a7
Last edited by 4ethe1w01f on Dec 11, 2017, 3:29:50 PM
"
Sounds like we have a new best belt: Cyclopean Coil
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cyclopean_Coil

Yeah, Shinsoo linked it a few posts above. Sounds fantastic for INT and Life plus shock and ignite immunity.

Just one problem with it - no resists. Especially if you want to use Kaom's Heart. I guess Kraityn for +15% all res instead of 2 skill points is always an option.
"
Mazaw wrote:
I'm having issues with labirynth traps with this build and don't know how to fix it ^_^ using 2x life flask one instant and one HoT, basalt, quicksilver and sulphur, still traps just melt me. Never had those issues with any other build i played. Any suggestions how to fix that?

Nothing has changed in 3.1 about the lab traps. Check the Boss Guide. 2x Quicksilver, 2x Life, 1 Basalt and Ryslatha if you are really struggling.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Just one problem with it - no resists. Especially if you want to use Kaom's Heart. I guess Kraityn for +15% all res instead of 2 skill points is always an option.

Hi, Kel! We still can use rare amul with 80+ int, life and res. Essense crafted belt is much harder to get...
Just wanted to say I love the build currently. Completely demolished leveling once I got the staff and the chest.

I did have one quick question that anyone may be able to help me out with.

In the leveling guide you recommend this "At this point your staff should have these gems: Scorching Ray - CwC, Cold To Fire, Concentrated Effect, Fire Penetration (5S), Elemental Focus (6S)." I currently have a 6 socket staff and was wondering if this is the correct layout. Under the gear in the 3.0 that you had in Harbinger the Gems were places just a little different with Elemental focus outside of the 4 link and Concentrated effect in the 4 link.

When I check the sheet damage of ice storm it does not seem to affect it at all when switching between the two but i am just wondering

Does this change have any effect on the DPS? New to POE in general as well as seasonal so any help would be appreciated.

Edit: just realized im wrong and had a dyslexic moment when reviewing both of them
Last edited by Ngzpro on Dec 11, 2017, 10:16:36 PM
The only things that need to be linked are the Cast While Channeling and Scorchong Ray.
Because the Ice Storm is built into the staff the support gems always affect it without being linked.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Sounds like we have a new best belt: Cyclopean Coil
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cyclopean_Coil

Yeah, Shinsoo linked it a few posts above. Sounds fantastic for INT and Life plus shock and ignite immunity.

Also gives quite a lot of dmg if you combine it with astramentis and black sun crest
"
Kelvynn wrote:

One mistake in gearing was holding me back: I bought the Asenath gloves early for 1 alc, and it was nice for the early acts. Slowing everything was cool, and I couldn't afford Enfeeble at that time either. But later on it made things harder, since you can have only 1 curse. TC is not the curse you should be using in Act 9-10. So if you are running with Asenath's - replace it by Act 9 and start using Enfeeble. It makes things a whole lot easier.

You sure you're limited to 1 curse even with the Asenath gloves? The mobs appear to have both the temporal chain and the enfeeble halo on them when I use the gloves.

I found that it really helped me to put a CWDT-Immortal Call-Increased duration setup in my helm. The extra second or so of IC gives my dps time to ramp up.

It appears to be possible to get 12% increased attributes with an elder rare belt, which would also have resists and max life.
Last edited by Graiaule on Dec 12, 2017, 5:10:10 AM
Positive.
You can have TC on one mob and enfeeble on another but not both at the same time unless u are using a dualcurse item/passive
My gear
Spoiler

Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.1.0/AAAABAECAQDuA-4EBwSzCPQOSBBYES0RlhUgFukZtBpsHNwdFB2-HwIhkCQ3JScnLyj6KU8qOCpNLJws6S0fLYMzhzWSNsU26TrYPC0_J0GHRUdJT0rITLNOKlBCUXRVS1XGVkhbr11JXfJf0GHiZU1mVGebakNtGW6qe4x7w3_GgpuCx4Nfg8yD24P3hTKFe4azh2WKr4w2jumPGo9GkAqQEZBVlSCXLZhXna6iAKIuoqOmmacIrj6vja-btQS18rc-uJO8qrzqvqe_CMBmwfPGrtAf1abYJNi93Q3kIuoQ6-7sOO_r-F_56P4K?accountName=mangalower&characterName=drosel_a

Spell Cascae stats
Spoiler

Controlled Destruction stats
Only for hard bosses
uber Izaro died in 1 second
Spoiler

PS new belt OP

Last edited by mangalower on Dec 12, 2017, 10:53:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info