[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

"
Dartulius wrote:
Would it be better to Vaal 0.2% of fire damage leeched as life or level 1 increased area of effect for the staff? Or is there one better that I'm not considering? I assume that this mostly comes down to whether you are having issues with life (no Kaom's for instance). Just curious!

18% block is the best implicit you can get on the staff. It is really helpful for defense.
0.2% leech is too small to matter.
Inc AoE for socketed gems doesn't work with Icestorm, it's not a gem.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 24, 2017, 5:26:05 AM
New Video: Hall of Grandmasters

GGG finally fixed almost all crash bugs in HoGM. This map has been my pet peeve, so I really wanted to master it on this build. It was pretty hard at first, but it got a lot easier with the setup adapted for PvP. Especially when I switched to Solaris and started killing DanziGG more often than dying to him. After about 30 clears I feel comfortable enough to make a guide.

The loot is fine. The map pays for itself. You find at least 1 Sacrifice at Midnight per run on average, plus other frags and tons of maps. And sometimes cards. Although if you play this build and really want Atziri's Disfavor, you can get it from Uber Atziri a lot faster than farming HoGM. And if you want a Mirror, you can farm enough currency to buy one faster than collecting 90 cards.

HoGM added to the Boss Guide.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 24, 2017, 7:17:42 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Dartulius wrote:
Would it be better to Vaal 0.2% of fire damage leeched as life or level 1 increased area of effect for the staff? Or is there one better that I'm not considering? I assume that this mostly comes down to whether you are having issues with life (no Kaom's for instance). Just curious!

18% block is the best implicit you can get on the staff. It is really helpful for defense.
0.2% leech is too small to matter.
Inc AoE for socketed gems doesn't work with Icestorm, it's not a gem.

Wow, can't believe I didn't think of block at all. Thanks!
Could you post your most updated gear ? :)
---
"
Kelemn wrote:
Could you post your most updated gear ? :)

My profile is public. You can see the final gear on Wizerkinger.
Trying your build and its really fun but at level 65 in the blood ducts I'm taking massive amounts of chunks of life somehow when I attack things. Ive read all the posts and cannot figure out why I'm taking this damage - can u view my profile and see if anything stands out ? I play HC so I'm trying to avoid another trip to the beach...
In game since Minotaur League..
"
Hellzwraith wrote:
Trying your build and its really fun but at level 65 in the blood ducts I'm taking massive amounts of chunks of life somehow when I attack things. Ive read all the posts and cannot figure out why I'm taking this damage - can u view my profile and see if anything stands out ? I play HC so I'm trying to avoid another trip to the beach...

What's 'blood ducts'? If it's not an ele reflect rare that makes you take damage when you attack it, then maybe it's one of the new mob types that explode after dying. There are some that bloat up and explode, and some that leave behind 'bone shards' that explode after a short time.

Umm... You don't appear to be playing this build. The tree is close enough (although with EE??), but you are still using Molten Strike at lv 66.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 2, 2017, 1:09:36 AM
Only a hint,

INT > increase damage
so drop your Izaro's Turmoil juwel and use int/resis/increase juwels.

other question, do you feel this build is powerfull with that low damage? after that 3.0 changes life is the only thing to face-tank things but that damage penalty is so big that it feels i can alsp play other build (firestorm) ..

my avg damage with the full es/int version was with concentraded without buffs 19k with all buffs the screen avg is over 36k. if you count the duration from over 9 seconds to that, i make over 80kk damage on mops with a full storm (11-12 stacked) only for mops who stay still, better is increased area, you lost screen avg damage but the real damage is near same even bigger if they move/and are big monsters who get more ice-explosions)

this skill is my fav one in this game and its realy sad thats its only fun in high/end with the life version.

my ES Version in 3.0 with over 10k es is stable, but cant beat reflect/hard facetanking vs special boss

thx
Last edited by SiegfriedXX on Nov 3, 2017, 5:06:45 AM
"
SiegfriedXX wrote:
Only a hint,

INT > increase damage
so drop your Izaro's Turmoil juwel and use int/resis/increase juwels.

other question, do you feel this build is powerfull with that low damage? after that 3.0 changes life is the only thing to face-tank things but that damage penalty is so big that it feels i can alsp play other build (firestorm) ..

my avg damage with the full es/int version was with concentraded without buffs 19k with all buffs the screen avg is over 36k. if you count the duration from over 9 seconds to that, i make over 80kk damage on mops with a full storm (11-12 stacked) only for mops who stay still, better is increased area, you lost screen avg damage but the real damage is near same even bigger if they move/and are big monsters who get more ice-explosions)

this skill is my fav one in this game and its realy sad thats its only fun in high/end with the life version.

my ES Version in 3.0 with over 10k es is stable, but cant beat reflect/hard facetanking vs special boss

thx

See Gear -> Jewels for how to choose them. Int > inc dmg only when they have comparable values or when you are close to the next 100 Int threshold.

Powerful for what? It's powerful enough to facetank triple-curse+reflect T16. Or twinned VT. There are videos for all endgame things in the top post. There is nothing you can't do, therefore it's powerful enough. I stopped upgrading my char in this league much earlier than in any before. It can be more powerful with godly Opal rings and belt, but there are no fights that require so much power.

Firestorm? No. It's much weaker than Icestorm.

Cannot insta leech ES anymore, so tanking as ES is a lot harder now. I do have an idea what do to if/when they nerf VP, and even beat T16/Shaper with it. But we'll enjoy VP as long as it lasts. :)
ball lightning is level 4 not 1
is there any reasons?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info