[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

"
Daydreaming5 wrote:
ball lightning is level 4 not 1
is there any reasons?

Can be any lv from 1 to 4, as long as it's not above lv 4 (lv 5+ won't work with CWDT lv 1).
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Powerful for what? It's powerful enough to facetank triple-curse+reflect T16. Or twinned VT. There are videos for all endgame things in the top post. There is nothing you can't do, therefore it's powerful enough. I stopped upgrading my char in this league much earlier than in any before. It can be more powerful with godly Opal rings and belt, but there are no fights that require so much power.

Firestorm? No. It's much weaker than Icestorm.

Cannot insta leech ES anymore, so tanking as ES is a lot harder now. I do have an idea what do to if/when they nerf VP, and even beat T16/Shaper with it. But we'll enjoy VP as long as it lasts. :)

I see, but it feels realy weak from 36k avg to 9k

but nice to see that you try to get a build up to date for upcoming patches (include 3.0) nice work.
ATM i played firestorm, and its more dps then thi version from icestorm. alsoviable with full chaos converted and so without reflect problems. (atziri easy). but i lost chilled ground :( (like that effect from icestorm)
Last edited by SiegfriedXX on Nov 6, 2017, 4:32:23 AM
"
SiegfriedXX wrote:
I see, but it feels realy weak from 36k avg to 9k

You are comparing different numbers:
36k with all buffs in combat, and I assume that's with your final gear.
9k in hideout after 2 weeks in a fresh league.

And I highly doubt that Firestorm can do higher DPS than Icestorm while also being viable for endgame tanking, especially with 100% chaos conversion. You can do one thing or the other, but not all of that at the same time.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 6, 2017, 1:44:45 PM
this build is still crashing on harbinger packs..this sucks
everytime it crashes, I have feeling...feeling that there was mirror (or even shard) on a ground and GGG crew don't like me...of course all portals are lost after re-conn
btw I had 4 encounters with essence packs that possibly can generate 4 essences for challenge (hysteria, insanity, etc) -all 4 in something like -12 hours
And 4/4 got these essences, could possibly do this challenge in one day, previosly took me about 30 encouters to do so....
"Je sens que je suis libre,
mais je sais que je ne le suis pas”
―Emil Mihai Cioran
Last edited by skrecu on Nov 6, 2017, 2:01:29 PM
Yeah, the Garbingers still cause client and instance crashes, for many builds. Guess it's never going to be fixed. But at this stage it doesn't matter. This crappy league mechanic is not getting added to the core game and will be gone for good soon.
Sorry I got tired of almost dying and switched back to molten strike build already.. Will try it again next ladder...
In game since Minotaur League..
Great build! Just started it and even though I use a lot of shitty gear with only 860 Int so far it melts through mid tier maps without being afraid of dying.

Haven't skilled Avatar of Fire so far because I thought it isn't worth without 100% conversion but you seem to use it anyway. Does the total conversion profit so much from the Fire Penetration alone?

Edit; Ok I still get more dps with Avatar of Fire, should be fine then. Uber Lab down with 5k life 950 int 3,2k dmg and it felt like a joke. Berserker is so op...
Last edited by Firestorm666 on Nov 8, 2017, 3:51:51 PM
Great build!! I'm a casual player with bad/lazy gaming skills and okeish items on this character but I have never felt so powerfull. 1300 int, 5k dps unbuffed in HO and 5.5k life... all Guardians felt like a joke, didn't do shaper or uber atziri yet because I didn't get to enter uberlab (I stil have to find the last damn trial)

Just love this build.
"
Firestorm666 wrote:
Haven't skilled Avatar of Fire so far because I thought it isn't worth without 100% conversion but you seem to use it anyway. Does the total conversion profit so much from the Fire Penetration alone?

We use 100% fire conversion: 50% from AoF and 50% from Cold to Fire.
Oh, right...somehow Avatar worked different in my mind :D

Started this build in the Turmoil race and it's very squishy without decent equipment. It took a while to get 6 sockets and with 4 the dmg output is good to clear but for healing it really needs the 4 points from Ascendancy. But as soon as life hits 3k, you get 6 sockets and the necessary Ascendancy it can Facetank everything I meet. Thanks again for the good guide!
Last edited by Firestorm666 on Nov 12, 2017, 4:40:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info