[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

Hi, I need help, I just got my first EX and thats all the currency I have now, but I don't know what to upgrade first, gear or gems? but the thing is, well I don't even know how you got those gloves and boots because they are extremelly rare I believe, crafted? how many times you tried? also the belt. So what would you upgrade in first place? Here is my gear:

I Know that I need INT on my belt etc, but I can't afford one with 1 ex I guess, so should I spend all the currency crafting gear? Also if I upgrade one I'll have to uprade another one due to resists lol

DPS

STATS

Last edited by romulopina on Oct 17, 2017, 9:57:59 AM
"
romulopina wrote:
Hi, I need help, I just got my first EX and thats all the currency I have now, but I don't know what to upgrade first, gear or gems? but the thing is, well I don't even know how you got those gloves and boots because they are extremelly rare I believe, crafted? how many times you tried? also the belt. So what would you upgrade in first place? Here is my gear:

I Know that I need INT on my belt etc, but I can't afford one with 1 ex I guess, so should I spend all the currency crafting gear? Also if I upgrade one I'll have to uprade another one due to resists lol

DPS

STATS

Your boots could use a big upgrade, they're pretty crappy but for the resists. There are plenty of decent ones with 45+ Int and 70+ Life, of course it depends on your budget. (upgrading your gems is rather easy with Uber Lab, unless we're talking about Corrupting gems in which case it's easier and cheaper to upgrade gear before)
Your gloves could also be a bit better (lack Int, which is our primary stat by quite some margin).
And your left ring too.
Your Kaom could use a Divine if you have one to spear, your Astramentis some Blessed.
For the belt there are some with Int and Life and some resists, but not that cheap. You have to keep an eye for opportunities. (got mine for 130c and while not Kelvynn-tier it's pretty decent)
Also not sure about your Overflowing Chalice. There's a precise reason we use a Chemist's Sulphur of Staunching in the build, it's for 4 uses and removing bleeds which can often prove vital. (a life flask will stop preventing bleeds as soon as you reach full life, which with our leech is often instant)
"
Woute wrote:
Actually I have more trouble fighting Phoenix than Shaper, I hate it when he dashes and gets out the Icestorms, makes me lose leech and he killed me a fair few times because of this. Today I tried to fight him next to the door instead, so when he dashes he hits the wall and still is in the icestorms.

PS : Thanks, fixed the gems x)

PPS : Just got my hands on that as a left ring, feels sweet sweet sweet xD (+650 dps on tooltip compared to a +53 Int ring I had before)

Fantastic ring, grats!

You can fight the Phoenix in the corner near the door. The downside is that you will need to pull him there first and take extra damage (he'll hit you a few more times when he cyclones to you; the wall will stop his movement but he'll keep spinning). But if you don't die to it, he will stop using Cyclone after that. And the adds will have to move closer to shoot their projectiles at you, which makes it easier to kill 2-3 with the same Icestorm. So it's a bit risky at the start, but easier for the rest of the fight.
"
romulopina wrote:
Spoiler

DPS

STATS

I found my gloves and boots on poe.trade. Ones like mine are not easy to find, but it wasn't my 1st set. You can see the previous set in the snapshot from 2 weeks into the league in My Gear. And that was not the 1st set either. I made a search for 'about 75% of T1 stats'. Once I got that, I upped it to 85%, and finally to 95% of perfect. Each time I got an upgrade, I then rounded up the resists with the ring. Rings are much easier to find.

The belt was the only thing I crafted. At first it was just a non-Int leather belt with tons of life and resists found on poe.trade for 5c. Then I started using Shrieking Spite and crafted this (took about 10 essences):

Deafening essences were too expensive at that point. But eventually their price dropped and I got more currency too, and I made my current belt:

That was pretty expensive, took something like 20 or 25 tries.

Woute covered the rest already. You need better flasks. And you really want a Grounding flask, getting shocked is bad.

You have 1197 Int. Really need to get 3 more Int ASAP. But ideally a lot more than that. The goal is 1400.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 17, 2017, 5:52:11 PM
How does it work crafting with the essences ?
Once you use one on the belt, every other affix is 100% random ? Or just the values are random ? (Or only the Int on the belt gets replaced ?)

By the way, where is it stated that you gain skill duration for each 100 Int you get ? Is that WI ? Some passive ? (I'm rather new to the game, overall, sorry for the stupid question x) )
I managed to reach exactly 1500 Int with some min/maxing and indeed tooltip shows 5.44s instead of 5.22s, but I don't know where it actually comes from.
"
Woute wrote:
How does it work crafting with the essences ?
Once you use one on the belt, every other affix is 100% random ? Or just the values are random ? (Or only the Int on the belt gets replaced ?)

Shrieking and Deafening essences work the same way as Chaos orbs, except they guarantee that you get 1 specific mod. That mod (in this case Int of that tier) always happens, the rest are random mods with random tiers. For the best results, use ilvl 84+ belts (can roll up to 48% resists; see poeaffix)

"
Woute wrote:
By the way, where is it stated that you gain skill duration for each 100 Int you get ? Is that WI ? Some passive ? (I'm rather new to the game, overall, sorry for the stupid question x) )
I managed to reach exactly 1500 Int with some min/maxing and indeed tooltip shows 5.44s instead of 5.22s, but I don't know where it actually comes from.

Here: Icestorm

That's exactly why I got to 1501 Int and stopped there. 1600 is unrealistic with a Life version (damn, I miss my 2100 Int CI WI Scion).
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 17, 2017, 7:04:59 PM
The question about HoGM reminded me to try it again since there was a patch. And guess what? DONE! CLEARED!! Looks like GGG fixed the crashes :)

Got 1-shot by DanziGG but he died to my Icestorm too. Well, this is not HC.

Although I was super careful and took almost 30 min. But fuck yeah! :)

I'll do it a few more times and maybe even make a video. I'm sure I can go faster.

UPD: Spoke too soon. Instance crashed at the 9th wave of the 4th wing on the next run. Still, big improvement! They fixed at least some crashes.

UPD 2: Did 7 more clears, 2 instance crashes, 5 successful, 0 deathless. Depending on which GMs spawn, it takes 15-20 min, or up to 30 if you want to be very careful, wait for the flasks to refill (I'm using Ryslatha for this) and deal with no more than 1-2 enemies at a time.

Then again, this can drop:

You can't really expect to farm these, they are too random, and even the dedicated Saboteurs who farm HoGM all day long rarely collect a lot (forget about a full set of 90). But it's nice to see 1-2 drop.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 18, 2017, 3:58:42 AM
how in the world did you tank the shaper's slam man. is it for real? did u equip some special item to tank shaper's slam or something?
Nice one Kelvynn ! Still, 2 instance crashes out of 7 is quite a lot... But gratz on the cleans.

"
Creeper_92 wrote:
how in the world did you tank the shaper's slam man. is it for real? did u equip some special item to tank shaper's slam or something?

With Tukohama + MoM + Arctic Armour + Basalt (+ Granite), tanking Slam is rather easy. You need to make sure Tukohama is full charged tho (so standing still for 4s before the Slam hits).
Sometimes Shaper is even blind and Slams nothing.
"
Woute wrote:
Nice one Kelvynn ! Still, 2 instance crashes out of 7 is quite a lot... But gratz on the cleans.

"
Creeper_92 wrote:

With Tukohama + MoM + Arctic Armour + Basalt (+ Granite), tanking Slam is rather easy. You need to make sure Tukohama is full charged tho (so standing still for 4s before the Slam hits).
Sometimes Shaper is even blind and Slams nothing.

+Enfeeble. It's applied by Orb of Storms in the Shaper setup, together with Blind. Always have the Orb near you, it will enfeeble him when he arrives near you before completing the Slam.

Also, 18% block chance on the staff, blocking every 6th Slam. Between block and blind, pretty often the Slam does no damage at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info